Spoiler Yeon Lokheun (연록흔)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Tang Sakura, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After chapter 37, Garyun and Lokheun (as a woman) will meet 3 more times.

First: Lokheun investigates a case involving brides, so she had to pretend as a woman getting married. Garyun sees her and thought that she about to get married, which made him heartbroken.

Second: They see each other again. This time they say farewell to each other. For Garyun, he wants her to be happy with her man (even though she has none). For Lokheun, it's a good opportunity to not get close to each other again.

Third: They see each other again and spends the night. Lokheun leaves him again but this time she left a poem (I think love poem) declaring her love for him? But this time, Garyun got so angry. He drew a picture of her and demands for them (including Lokheun who is a guy atm) to find her. It is also during the time when Garyun has to select an Empress. He told them to find her before the time of selection of Empress is over so he can make her the wife and Empress xD

Mind y'all. This is MTL, there might be a little bit of mistakes.

Thank the evil cat on Snowy Scans for the spoilers xD

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeon Lok Heun
    [​IMG]
    Alternative Title: 연록흔, His Majesty's Secret Heroine, Yeon Lokheun
    Raws: Play Books, Ridi | Kkp, Daum
    Official Translation: Tapas
    Author: Han Soo Young (한수영)
    Contents: Volume 01-05
    Year of Release: 2017

[​IMG]

Characters
    • Yeon Lok Heun (FL) : A beautiful woman with compassionate heart. After the young Emperor spares her fathers life, she starts serving him as a general. From the beginning of the story FL has been crossdressing & using Qi to disguise as a man.
    • Ga Ryun (ML) :The 20th Emperor of the kingdom. After killing his tyrannical father he ascended the throne. He is described as cold & ruthless. He is 'cold to others but only warm to my woman' type. Even hypnosis couldn't sway his heart from Lok Heun.
    • Other Characters:
      Seol Mu Jin: Ga Ryun's childhood friend.
      Jang Wol: Emperor's shadow guard.
      Yeop So Dan: Princess of Inwol. Has unrequited feeling for Ga Ryun.
      Moon Sa Ran: Owner of the butterfly palace. Tries to seduce Ga Ryun but fails.
      In Hye: The current Empress Dowagar. She adores Ryun as a caring grandma.

FL's Relatives:
      Yeon Mu Han: Lok Heun's father. A former scholar turned fugitive. Later pardoned.
      Wang Sang Hae: Lok Heun's step mother.
      Yeon Seo Hyun: Lok Heun's step brother.
    [​IMG]

Spoiler by Chapters
    by @scourgedaughter
    [​IMG]

Miscellaneous Spoilers
    [​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread

*updated till post #576 by @Samona

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    I_adore_solid_muscles likes this.
  3. Mhwang2002

Mhwang2002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank you for the spoilers! I have been reading the MTL and it is really hard. Korean just does not machine translate very well. Only downside I can tell from the MTL is there is a lot of sexual violence in women getting raped. A bit disturbing, but I guess it makes the stories and the characters more real.

As an aside, I wonder how the emperor can’t tell that the “male” her and the “female” her are one and the same. After all, based on the MTL, she even used the same name “Yeon” when he met her as a female. So is he blind?? Or did she somehow use her face changing skills to hide her older, more feminine features after she came out of the demon’s lair?

Thanks again for any insight you have. I am super hooked on this story and can’t wait for releases by Snowy Scans.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    kurohamukami and Mikaa like this.
  4. Mhwang2002

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay found my answer in the MTL. Seems like MC did use her face changing skills to become more “manly” looking after leaving the demon’s lair. The ghost Sorin who taught her the skill guessed she was a girl easily and said no one would believe she is a male as she gets older and more beautiful.

5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay the spoilers make more sense. I read the raws and thought he already knew she was a girl and was really confused

6. Mhwang2002

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I really wonder why the Manhwa didn’t bother to explain this important point. They could have easily stuck in an extra speech bubble to say this.

Pochoclo and Princess Renesmee like this.
  7. Yukinahime21

Yukinahime21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally! I found this forum I love reading Yeon lok heun and I even check out the raws despite that I don’t understand Korean language. I ship the emperor and Lok heun and I don’t understand why she (lokheun) kept avoiding the emperor ever since their first meeting and I fear for the future chapters because that evil imperial official just found a woman that is similar to Lokheun (idk her name bec. I can’t read hangul) but according to the spoiler above @Tang Sakura that the emperor was seeking (lokheun) in order for her to become an empress. It seems that evil bastard official who hates the emperor will used that poor palace maid to become his own puppet and deceived the emperor. (Just like I said, I can’t read hangul but I can assumed the picture panels of the raws based on my understanding. I might be wrong? )

Leilacus and Marane101 like this.
  8. Mhwang2002

Reading List:
    Link
    From the light novel (using MTL) I would guess the Korean webtoon is less than 10 episodes away from the Emporer finding out she is female. The Korean raws way ahead of the translations though.

Yuuki9, honingzoet and imusick88 like this.
  9. chin_chin

chin_chin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did yeon end up with emperor? Is that brown haired girl still in the emperor's harem? Did the yeon look alike fool the emperor? If so, did yeon prevent/protect him from the b*tch?

Mikaa likes this.
  10. Atriedes

Atriedes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know spoilers....!
    I guess there will be the fake Yeon arc sooner or later. I can't imagine him marrying the wrong woman.

And this king has hell alot of time. He seemed to be wondering around alot and I thought Kings are often busy. Haha.

I hope they have a happy ending. I don't want a bittersweet ending for this.

Oh, and is there a second ML. That guy looks cute, the red haired guy. For a moment I thought East meets West.

11. Tang Sakura

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeon ended up with Emperor Garyun obvs xD

HAHAHAHA IF YOU THINK THIS WILL BE A SMOOTH STORY Y'ALL WRONG. THERE WILL BE POLITICAL CONSPIRACY ON THE LAST ARCS OF YEON LOK HEUN WHERE SO-HYUN CONCUBINE BITCH AND WOLHAN ARE INVOLVED. Then there's the war with this new king who wants Yeon as his cuz she beautiful (and that's whybhe declared war with Yellow Dragon Empire and Garyun) There's more and I won't say much about this.

12. Ayo

Ayo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler more ☹ please

djan29 and Hana jung like this.
  13. Tang Sakura

Reading List:
    Link
    Soon there will be a soccer scene coming up. After the soccer scene, Garyun, Lokheun, and I think the other 2 male generals will go to solve cases. Along the way, Yeon will get injured protecting Garyun. Garyun treats her then I think he saw her injury in shoulder (bite marks). Then he starts suspecting her. In the night in a tavern or something, Garyun told her to sleep with him so she can protect him. Yeon refuses but then Garyun was like why not? We're both men and she had no choice but to sleep beside him.

14. Yukinahime21

Yukinahime21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers but what’s going to happen to the fake yeon and the evil imperial official in the novel? Please spoil us with it because everybody (including myself were heartbroken when we found out there’s an imposter of yeon who will be presented to Garyun soon. I beg you!

Blablasimp and QueenSara like this.
  15. imusick88

imusick88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. In reference to the novel, what chapter is it when the Emperor suck the venom on male yeon (manhwa chapter 70)?

16. Deleted member 212141

Deleted member 212141 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    When does he finally knows it? That she is female?

17. flamingorangesoof

flamingorangesoof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s gonna be so freaking shocked when he finds out Yeon Lok Heun is a girl and also Yeon

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  18. Deleted member 212141

Deleted member 212141 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I swear I wanna see his face lol

19. Sagisou

Sagisou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot I had this account LOL, I ended up buying the books from that one link in the first page I browsed the last book for a few pictures. I couldn't post it though, since I haven't posted at least five times :c

20. Kaleidoscopeview

Kaleidoscopeview Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started to read this manhwa, and I'm addicted! Can't wait for the English translation to catch up.
    Anyways, I think it is fate that brings Lok Heun and Ga Ryun together (aside from the author of course :p). It is so romantic to think it like that. They are bound together ever since they met in the temple when she was a kid. Seems like he always has this special interest in her, in whatever form. As a kid, as a "boy", as a woman.

Thank you for the spoilers!! I'm curious though when will Ga Ryun knows that Lok Heun is actually Yeon. I just randomly see raw chapter 61 and they were together getting cozy and hot.:rolleyes: I don't need to understand what they are saying...

Pochoclo, kurohamukami, Rokai and 6 others like this.