LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's weird that the cultivation world and I'd assume the worlds it is connected to get paused when he's back in his own.

Yet demons exist in both.

Also if mc were to merge the cultivation world and his own, I'd guess he'd lose this mechanic?

Astaroth and SquadCammander354 like this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's so much that they're actually "paused" as he's traveling through *time*, not just *space*.

Astaroth and SquadCammander354 like this.
  3. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a really good novel, makes me hope that there's an "actual" ending to it.

*recently finished Night Ranger*
    *everything was good until the end ― or lack thereof*

*binge read until 391*

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  4. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The idea was to make sure that there's not even a single chance of anything going wrong and alert the demons of the fact that they're trying to run away. It's evident that the moment when the demons are most distracted is when they're sure of their own victory, so preparing an easy target for them seems ideal rather than not. Most of the time when characters in this novel go the extra mile, it's likely because they need reassurance.

24 hours in cultivation world = 1 hour in Reality, there's been cases where he went away and came back half a day or even days later, just in time for the new plot development.
    The main reason why he can't just leave to the other world is because he has no control over when he returns, he hasn't been in control for a very long time

they were stronger than her at the time, but their powers were also about to be sealed away again, so they're no help atm.

me as well :<, it hasn't ended yet so it's hard to say

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'know, even if he died and became one of the dead, it seems to me like he could use his All Beings Equal ability to literally just return to being a living human right on the spot. I'm not sure how that'd work with the Laws of Samsara, but I don't think those Laws are designed to forcefully control your state of being. Or in reverse, he could turn himself into one of the dead and maybe use those Laws to continually revive? The whole point of this ability is that he fully becomes what he wishes to become, in essence. If he transforms into one of the dead, there is absolutely zero difference between him and one of the other dead, because he IS one of the dead.

Anyway, with that in mind his resolution to die fighting, revive, and then do it all over again, is actually a pretty solid idea. I mean, once he finally kills them all... *poof*, living human again. No need to reincarnate. If he's fine with everyone else on Earth dying in the meantime, anyway.
    Eh? But he did gain full control over his coming and going. That happened in.. c289.

"[Additional reward: Once you return to Reality, you can come back at any time you wish, the time limit no longer applies]"

Unless it's only a one time thing or doesn't apply in reverse. Either way, though, he can at least go to the Cultivation world whenever the heck he wants. He's literally just waiting for the current crisis to be resolved before he goes~

userunfriendly and Astaroth like this.
  6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobdizzy::blobscream:

:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Fight, fight, fight!!!:aww:

This is why I love this series. Author is not that great in many areas, but he excels in battles. Billions of dead, following the flying MC, as he streaks up like a rocket on steroids...:aww:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  7. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I forgetting something? I could have sworn that he had a quest to resolve the issues of Huang Quan. Why hasn't it completed yet?
    He was bluffing. His merits are so high right now that there's no chance he'd be sentenced to any of the hells. Which means, no endless battles for him, and no faux immortality. There's also the issue that he'd almost certainly lose the system, and with it, his ability to collect sufficient SP to use that skill.

Westeller likes this.
  8. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, well, I didn't actually think of it from that perspective and I'm pretty sure he didn't, either. I feel like his intention was totally legit.

That said, I still feel like he could do it forcefully by becoming one of the dead.

9. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now THAT ending scene is why I love to read this series.

Who else thinks the female Asura is going to keep finding excuses not to reincarnate?

10. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    What? ("ಠ_ರೃ)

11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, to be like the dead in Huang Quan and revive you had to enter the forgetting river I think? Because it was mentioned in some chapter that the spear was a problem because it killed the souls of the dead before the entered the forgetting river which permanently killed them before they became a part of the laws of Huang Quan.

So GQS can't simply just turn himself into a "dead" to revive, he also has to enter the forgetting river (without the chao yin sword protecting him ofc, or at least I assume.) and after that he would lose his memories so that's pretty much a no go I think. Also since he doesn't have negative karma I think he would be sent to reincarnate right away?...

Tbh not entirely sure how that would work
    We can always hope :whistle:

Westeller likes this.
  12. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was just GQS stalling for time. He was basically just pulling stuff out of his ass to lengthen the conversation and possibly cause a moment or two of shock into the old geezer demi. I think the true plan at this point is rescue the old Devil King and possibly stop the demi's from yanking the shield in the first place. And if that fails... Army of the dead time!

Astaroth likes this.
  13. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Question.
    A quote from chapter 419 "Oath of the 4 Realms: the Demis, Demons, Asuras and Beast Kings must provide each other help and never betray each other, the rulers of the 4 realms have sworn upon this."

What demons is the oath referring to that they are on the side of the others in the oath?

What distinguishes them from the invading demons?
    Are they the same type of beings?
    Or are they different but there is no good terminology to apply to one or the other?
    Or are they ghosts? I think it was mentioned that ghosts were mistakenly called demons by commonfolk.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    This from when I was confused about demons and demons (ghosts) as well:

Haiku575 likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    MASAKA, OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU! :blobfearful:

Westeller likes this.
  16. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the 400 Soul Points he spent for his acting classes really paid off XD

lunarshadow and Westeller like this.
  17. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    The dead in Huang Quan clearly have not lost their memories. They remember their lives on Earth. The founding emperor being an excellent example of that, y'know? The forgetting river does not affect the dead. The dead are welcomed in it - they can swim freely within it. I guess he *would* have to enter it first before he could be revived? But he wouldn't lose his memories, if he was transformed into one of the dead first. ... I guess? ... Actually, the dead arrive in Huang Quan as spirits, don't they? And only actually gain bodies after they enter the river? Maybe? Idk. I feel like he skips that step if he directly transforms into one.

I really think the most important point here is the ability itself. The ability to transform yourself, fully, in essence, into another being. There should not be any difference between him and one of the dead, and that includes in how the Laws of Huang Quan recognize and interact with him, because that, too, is a part of what it means to be one of the dead.

Ah, well. Who knows.

Shoo. You made me think there was another chapter out! :blobpopcorn_two:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Astaroth likes this.
  18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wukka, Wukka, wukka.

upload_2020-1-22_21-23-39.png

elengee likes this.
  19. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    So, new plan:

The dead refuse to reincarnate. Their merit dries up and they get forced back to hell. The Devil King then releases them from Hell to fight again, and they earn new merit by defending the human realm from devils.

Good plan?

Astaroth likes this.
  20. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of dumb for that undead to celebrate the coming demons and destruction of the world. Since it's part of same Samsara they are going to get reincarnated into, meaning they'll get destroyed eventually too.

Plus they could reincarnate into the human realm and be a baby while all this is happening lol.

On another note, how do trillions of beings get reborn all at once? Not enough people banging. There should be way more undead than living creatures in all the realms.

elengee and Astaroth like this.