Tell me a fairy tale!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 23, 2020.

1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

Lychee is weirdly moody today so tell me an original fairy tale!

IDK, make up something interesting if you can.

I really like odd and interesting spin offs of fairy tale -like things.

If I like it, you get brownie points! ...yeah I don't got enough nuffies to give away. Maybe I will buy you an icon! Dunno :hmm: Come find lychee another day when my brain is working better

2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A worker finally get the courage to resign from his black company. Cannot find a job after, regret flashed from his eyes as he get hit by as truck-may his soul be blessed

- cautionary tales of adult worker, ch 2

3. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww: *claps* cookie for shio-sama!

4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    There was once a girl name Carrie, she fell through a hole and was transported into a world of mystical beings which didn't exist.

She spend a week, looking for a way home until she met a cute bug which seems to like her. Then, more of the bugs began to gather around her as she felt how gentle these creatures are.

Day by day, the bugs began to gather food for her and she couldn't ask why but was thankful that she was given food. She was happy that she didn't have to gather food and decided to spend time with the creatures while they brought more food to her.

But she kept wandering why there were less and less bugs but some began to change.

One began to grow wings, one became massive and the others spew out different things from their bodies. She couldn't wonder why these bugs have this.

Then, the bugs began to lead her to different towns and villages but noticed that there were no people around her.

Saddened by this, she felt that the bugs were her only friends by the time she realises and decided to explore the world. The mystical world.

She then meet aliens that seems to take her life but her bug friends began to protect her and she also meet humans but also sees her as hostile.

Despaired, she decided to try ending her life due to being isolated from the world until she was saved by her prince charming.

"Karrigan! Wake up!"

lychee likes this.
  5. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time in a place far, far way. There was a princess who was having a particularly bad day. None knew why the princess was feeling so ill yet not ill at all at the same time. The royal physicians gave the princess a check up, and stated she was in perfectly fine health. And then the realm's most celebrated psychiatrist gave her a look, and again, nothing seemed to be amiss.

So a new decree was had on that day, any and all would be called to the royal throne room if they thought they could possibly solve the princess's predicament. And if they gave it a fair go, they would be awarded a royal brownie. Now, you may be asking what the difference is between a royal brownie and a regular brownie, and that difference would be nothing extraordinary, only the addition of the word royal made it any different than any other, but it also came wrapped in a cloth with the royal crest embroidered on it. So even if you ate the brownie, you would have something to remember the occasion by. Or you could sell it, really, it's up to you what you wish to do with your own property. Those of us of the royal court take no business in your private business.

And so, on the next day, those from across all the land formed a line that stretched across the country to cheer up the ill but not ill princess. The first to enter told of a story:
    And the princess liked it well enough, but she still didn't feel quite right.

So a second came, a jester, with tripointed hat, dressed in green and yellow and orange; a rather ugly but no doubt eye-catching costume. He jumped on top of a ball as tall and as wide as himself, he balanced himself atop this ball, and brought out from his pack upon his back five littler balls, and with these balls he did throw, not up in the air but at the princess's face. This did not amuse her in the slightest, and the jester was soon thrown out.

And then the next came in.

kenar, AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww: This one is cute too! I normally don't like bugs, but nice bugs are cool bugs!

Who cares about stupid terrans just zerg rush them or something :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:

:cookie::cookie:Choco for you!

7. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn: More! More! Who is next? You get popcorn?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary: Somehow I feel like this is sad! When I think sad I think pancakes! Pancakes for you!

VeraH and thisworldofmine1 like this.
  9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    lychee likes this.
  10. Cuddles0_0

Cuddles0_0 (>^∆^)> Xtra Whipped Cream Translations <(^∆^<)

Reading List:
    Link
    Want a Snow White spin-off?

lychee likes this.
  11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsleepless: That's some pancakes! Cute though! :blobuwu::blobuwu::blobuwu:

Sure why not!

Ddraig likes this.
  12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time, there were supreme beings called cats, they governed all existence. Feeling bored, on a sunday one of the cats created god and told him to go make some stuff over the next 6 days, so god did.

And in that time god created humans in his own image (slaves of cats).

But these humans were pretty useless, so god had to educate them properly and gave them dogs to teach them what being a slave was. Once they understood, god introduced humans to their masters. And humans were then proper human slaves of cats.

Then the humans climbed a tree instead of serving their cat master one day and got banished to the mortal realm for their sins.

The humans still worshiped cats properly but with time, they got distorted and forgot about who their masters were. This lead to plagues and world wars.

The cats being supreme felt humans should be given another chance and granted humans the internetz. Thus cat worship resumed and humans went through an age of prosperity and advancement they have never seen before.

And all humans lived happily ever after as human slaves of cats.

- This fairy tale is based on a true story

13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsnow::blobsnow::blobsnow::blobsnow: I would give you a cat icon but I can't find one! :blobsad: I guess you shall get cereal, although I do not think cats eat cereal!

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  14. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    >.< Deleted my post because it was a little embarrassing...
    But here's a thing I tried to experiment with.

Your star:

I am your brightest light
    I'll shine for you
    High above the sky,
    I'll watch over you

Don't stray your path
    I'll shine your way
    I am the brightest light
    That looks your way

I don't mind
    When you're with others
    But please,
    Look at me

I don't mind
    How you don't care
    But please,
    Look at me

The twinkling of your eyes
    The slightest lift of your lips
    The way you walk
    The way you laugh

Look at me
    I'm right here
    Am I still not bright enough
    To capture your sight?

If one day,
    You'll notice
    This bright light
    Would you accept it?

If you could,
    Look at me
    But know,
    That the light isn't so weak

It isn't so weak,
    To accept you
    When it isn't shining
    Upon you anymore

So hurry,
    Look at me,
    Or else,
    The light will die out

But did you know,
    Stars keep on shining
    for years and years
    after they die

So maybe,
    It'll still look at you
    From time to time
    Reminicing

Stay again
    It waited for many nights
    Can you still
    Not notice this light?

I know I said
    That I don't mind
    But really,
    I actually do

You only accepted
    Because the light
    Was so big
    And overflowing

But lately
    You haven't looked at it properly
    And now
    It's smaller but brighter

Hey,
    Will you not look?
    If only you'd look up
    You'll see it twinkling

Twinkling fondly,
    Only for you

Basically, it's a tale of a girl who's being ditched by her boyfriend. She was the one who pursued him and it was like a fling for her but now she really considered getting married to this guy. He used to pay so much attention for her, go on dates with her, just stay around her a lot. But lately, he's been busy and doesn't even notice she's there sometimes. Determined to make this change, she visits his workplace to give him lunch but sees him flirting back with a new group of interns, even saying that he didn't have a girlfriend. He even stays out sometimes, saying it's for business meetings. She's sad, terribly so, but she's still in love with him(love makes you do that), so she's desperately hoping for a turnaround.

I was inspired by seeing one of my best friends become a psycho ex-girlfriend. To be honest, they were ok at first but she was too pushy and he was too meek. I've seen all kinds of couples and I advised against it numerous times whenever she wanted to date a guy, but she still dated and her relationships ended badly all the time. I can't imagine my friend thinking like this poem really, but I'm sure she felt very lonely. She's fine now and vowed to never date until college, but I seriously still doubt her.

It doesn't seem like a fairy tale spinoff, but maybe the original little mermaid might relate?

AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  15. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: uwu my heartstrings

Mhm, definitely! I like this one a lot! :blobcry::blobcry::blobcry: It's so sad and so real and so painful!

I had an unrequited love for 3 years, so I roughly know the feeling

thisworldofmine1 likes this.
  16. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was an old man. He died in his childhood.

The end.

lychee likes this.
  17. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really confused! I'll give waffles anyways!

AMissingLinguist and mir like this.
  18. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee Do you have any stories to tell? Your polls are always so interesting! I think Asian Hobbyist even stole one of them before...

Lurking and lychee like this.
  19. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately not today! :blobsweat_2: Today is my severe procrastination day!

That said I recently bought this book: Fierce Fairytales: Poems and Stories to Stir Your Soul

It has a bunch of poetry and retellings of fairy tales and I liked it a lot! Weirdly wholesome, I guess?

So hence this thread!

20. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]