Recommendations Switch / Reversible Couple Danmei

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KeyLyme, Jan 24, 2020.

1. KeyLyme

KeyLyme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok So as the title says I'm looking for specifically Danmei (not JP or KR) novels where the couple switch at least once.

I know there was a thread for this but that is 2+ years old.

It doesn't really matter to me if they are translated or not my command of the language is decent enough to sort of read.

Please please help tired of stereotypes *cries*

Zozo7400 likes this.
  2. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    TokioftheBel likes this.
  3. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. mmonstra

mmonstra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that counts? Who takes which role changes from one timeline to the next, but they aren't vers in a single timeline.

5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof I will take those recs too plox.

Tbh I'm fine with them not being switch. Equal relationship with no explicit showing of who is top works. And non equalness is ok with my as long as the shou is more doting. I'm just tired if Gongs that do absolutely everything for their tsundere shous, just feels like a one side relationship.

(Tbh the shou calling the gong his baobei or wife is my kink lol)

Thank you for your response mi amor

I'm actually only looking for Chinese BL as I know JP and KR ones where they switch

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
  7. mmonstra

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooooh you'll definitely love Tattoo then. In story translated so far there's no explicit or obvious gong/shou (synopsis says which is which, but I can see them being vers tbh). Shou is the one pursuing the slow to warm/dark past/tall dark silent gong, plus they're both in their 30s with relationship history with others. No gay panic either cos we're dealing with out and proud gay men. University professor (shou) x Tattoo artist (gong)

In the more recent chapters, teacher is calling the artist his baobei'er

I've read a few mutually doting / very sweet danmei, but I can't think of their titles at the moment. I really enjoyed Loneliness, though that gets pretty angsty at times because of one half's negative self esteem. But we have years of one sided feelings on the shou's side plus plenty of devotion from him, and it's absolutely 100% HE.

KeyLyme likes this.
  8. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that other novels by Wuzhe also have equal couples and some of them switch too.
    I'm just going to recommend my favorites and hope that you'll end up liking these: Faraway Wanderers (in the extra they fight for the role of top, equal clowns), Guardian (mc (shou) calls his lover his wife), Imperfections, Silent Reading, Sha Po Lang (shou is a famous, cunning general, after he and the mc get together, mc enjoys acting spoiled and the general enjoys spoiling him; other characters think that the general is the top) and basically everything else by Priest. Her novels are plot oriented, have amazing world building and couples are well-written.
    Peerless (rivals and clowns who try to create problems for each other all the time), Golden Stage, Breaking through the clouds, Dinghai Fusheng Records, Seizing dreams (ml(top) is doting but mc is really precious and he treats him gently too). - Slow burn but the character development and their relationship progression is amazing:aww:

9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn’t a switch, but in “Stone Age Husband Raising Journal,” you don’t know who is top and who is bottom for quite a long time, especially as they treat each other equally well.

ky_s likes this.
  10. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah thank you, yes I've read basically everything by Priest (even her less popular and untranslated works) I love her.

I've been looking at Golden stage recently, and I'm not sure why I didnt read seizing dreams but with your seal of approval I shall.

I have never checked out Breaking Through the Clouds, so I'll do that. As for Dinghai Fusheng Record, is it an equally doting couple? I didnt get that vibe from the summary so I never read it.

And yes actually the 2 novels I was thinking of were Guardian (ZYL calling SW his wife) and 刺青 (the shou actively pursues the gong and calls him "precious/baby")

I can't remember the summary so at the risk of sounding stupid on the internet, I believe I haven't read that because I got like Tarzan vibes from it? I forget lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
  11. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my next novel to read, suppose to be really good & switch
    《官方不宣》 三言君
    Retired Famous actor mc & biggest fanboy new actor ml

12. mmonstra

Reading List:
    Link
    it's more like "beastmen humans in dinosaur/stone age"??? But one of the MCs transmigrated from a zombie apocalypse world

ky_s likes this.
  13. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy to meet another priest fan :aww: I haven't read 刺青 but that sounds great.
    Dinghai Fusheng Record couple has a rough start (for a bit I even wanted another guy to become the ml) but they gradually get to know each other and discover that their initial opinion of each other was completely wrong. Slowly ML grows really protective of MC and decides to take the role of his Protector no matter what; and MC realizes that ML isn't a violent, rude person but someone kind and really smart. They get a great character development and slowly fall in love with each other and I'm weak for that lol.
    Also just a warning: Seizing dream couple gets together only chapter 80+ in, but the wait and frustration with ML(gong) is worth it as they're really sweet and supportive of each other. ML takes a long time to come to terms with his feelings and the fact that he's bisexual, and he also tries to be the best person for mc; meanwhile mc is really supportive of him and he tries his best to help ML overcome his trauma.
    I hope you'll like these novels:blobmelt:

14. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh mb I missed this reply for some reason haha. I have already read the raws, thank you so much though, its definitely one of my favourite couples (even though I found the plot slightly lacking, to be fair it is short)

15. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    刺青 is actually actually being translated as tattoo on Chrysanthemum Garden and is already 3/4 translated (33/48 it's fairly short) if you're interested. Someone else already posted the description if you look up actually, so I won't put in a description.

I love Priest! (My profile picture is fanart of Gu Yun) Her writing actually has messages behind it with heartwarming romance. Needa make a correction I haven't actually read Can Ci Pan and that's fairly popular haha:blobsweat:

I'm currently reading Seizing Dreams and I'm loving it. The description is very confusing it's probably why i never picked it up. I'm only on chapter 10 cuz i went to IKEA today... :blobdead:

16. KeyLyme

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh sounds interesting? Can I ask what its published on (jjwxc LC etc.)? And if its complete?

17. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zozo7400 and KeyLyme like this.
  18. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres also this one i read maybe 3 years ago, and really liked, although i don't remember the plot anymore

《师兄卷土重来》
    Xianxia & rebirthed mc. Its on Jjwxc, but has a lot of locked chapters (lol)

Zozo7400 and KeyLyme like this.
  19. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation, I ended up staying up for this novel. I love the proactive mc and charming supporting characters, the way everyone wants mc and ml to get together is also really cute. Looking forward to MC completely melting ML's old heart and them getting together:blobcat_hyper:
    Omg I didn't recognize Gu Yun, SPL and Changgu are among my top favorites so I really need new glasses lol. As for CCP, judging by everything I heard about it, the main couple also seems like the type you'll like:aww:

The description of Seizing Dreams does sound like something else, it's actually the reason it took me a long time to start reading it as well haha. But I'm glad you like it, this author's novels and couples are great