Discussion Why I can't ship Bingqiu...no hate just an honest humble opinion.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Akira-chanu, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Ghost_of_a_Witch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to correct myself, I only intended to second the part about the original poster missing out. As you say, the notion of a novel being the 'best' is very subjective and I like both FoD & HOB too much to be able to play favourites with them.

rere_86 likes this.
  2. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you prejudiced against MXTX or what? Which novel of hers is better than HOB in your eyes?

3. teargrants

teargrants Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    u seem to have a bias towards hob which is fine, since that's ~your opinion~. like i said before, saying "x is her best novel" is subjective since mxtx fans are allowed have their own opinion. chill it's not that deep

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    shinyeevee likes this.
  4. Deleted member 213850

Deleted member 213850 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't SVSSS her first novel? I too am not a Bingqiu shipper. I actually agree with you.

My take is, I personally (I literally apply this in real life) don't like relationships where the other party fell for the other because that person showed him kindness when nobody else did. That's a debt-based emotion. I feel the same way with TGCF as well. Xie Lian only did the things he did for Hua Cheng as any text-book good person would. Take away the debt, what will you have?

This was the reason why among all MXTX novels, I prefer MDZS the most, because the couple actually started out as classmates, on more or less equal grounds and they were not Master and Disciple. Wei Wuxian had explained later on that the reason why he kept on inviting Lan Wangji to his hometown was because he legitimately wanted to spend time with him, even if he wasn't so sure about his emotions back then. And this was way before Yiling Laozu and before Lan Wangji's sacrifice, befre his "only mistake" etc., and of course we knew that Lang Wangji had developed a crush on Wei Wuxian during their school days as well. They were not initially indebted to another.

But still SVSSS is funny as hell and TGCF had the best world building and the general plot is good. I love MXTX novels as a whole, these are just my personal views.

5. Akira-chanu

Akira-chanu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep my in real life values match yours. Truly a debt based relationship does not sit well with me.

Deleted member 213850 likes this.
  6. Melikachan

Melikachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have read all of mxtx novel and svsss is my fav one but me too don't really like bingqiu ship either for binghe pushiness and other reasons

i like shenliu ship because LQG never forced SQQ to be with him, he was always beside SQQ and even after SQQ got together with LB, he didn't got a grudge and told SQQ and he always welcome to the sect

Akira-chanu likes this.
  7. Deleted member 213850

Deleted member 213850 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed TGCF, but not a shipper of the leads. I even feel that ML is a glorified stalker. But that's just me. I still want to recommend it, because the plot is way bigger than the romance of the main characters. I feel TGCF's had the best world building compared to MXTX's other novels.

Ray Levantret and Akira-chanu like this.
  8. whenwillitgetbetter

whenwillitgetbetter New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so. To start: this is purely personal opinion and I do NOT hate people who love the ship. Also, I read the novel some years ago and don't remember everything very well. So.

I liked the novel. The characters, the worldbuilding and mc's adventures were nice. Until the "romantic" plotline started.

Honestly, after Binghe came back from the pit every interaction with the mc felt like a psychological thriller. I did not feel like laughing at the misunderstanding, to be honest, even tho I knew about it. I was uncomfortable the whole time, especially because I knew Binghe saw the mc in a romantic way (wtf but okay we'll get to that later). But I gave them a go till the very end of the main story.

You see, I was looking for something that would make me more comfortable with this situation. Like sexual tension, even if the mc was in denial, or maybe something like "hmm maybe my thinking was wrong I should try get to know him better through his underlings or smth"; some cute moment that would reassure me, the reader, that yes haha that is a misunderstanding and Binghe won't do some fucked up shit. But I never got anything. The mc never changed his view on Binghe. Every situation was forced on the mc. And then the main story ends with a r*pe scene (that's how I remembered it in my head, correct me if I'm wrong). So I didn't even read the extras where I knew they would have a good relationship. At that point, I was just too sick with everything to accept a "happy end" and credits.

It would be my favourite novel if it was platonic or just... Done better?

Okay moving on to the part about Binghe himself. The man is not okay mentally and needs help, care and love to heal. He is a good base for a complex character with interesting development but that's all. Yes, he learned how to be cruel and live among grown-ups but he never really matured himself. And see it as a problem for a good romantic relationship. A walking daddy issue basically. It's just really cruel towards Binghe to not give him a chance to open up to other people and have a chance of either realising that his feelings are legit or it was just because he never knew better. And this leads us to a conclusion:

I'm mad at Mxtx for this couple. And you know what? Their ship would work out for me just fine if the author tried a little harder on character development and interactions between the main couple of the story. The funniest thing in all of this is that the mc's relationships with other characters are done better than one with his "love interest".

So yeah. This is my contribution to this society. Sorry if it was erratic.

Ghost_of_a_Witch and Akira-chanu like this.
  9. Akira-chanu

Akira-chanu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello it's been a while since I've looked at this thread but wow thanks for contributing!

I agree that it DID feel like a psychological horror (That trepidation mixed with unknown levels of fear is very specific and I'm so surprised that you found a good analogy for it! Thanks!) when LBH came back from the abyss and that we never got the reassurance that this situation wasn't really life or death from MC's perspective. Yeahhhhhh and the ending extras with lovey-dovey rape was weird. I do still remember it but vaguely~

And yes I would've just loved the story as MC adjusting to his new place in a new life that he can live not in a hospital bed. I remember he was so overjoyed at his mobility when he crossed over! And his relationships with his martial siblings was fun to watch. Of course this is why I turn to fanfiction to try to get that brotherly relationship with the sect leader fixed.

Thanks for the thoughts~~~

whenwillitgetbetter likes this.