Recommendations Female rebirth/revenge novel with gentleman male lead

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by arzettay, Jan 21, 2020.

1. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! as you have seen from the title, I am looking for a female main lead rebirth/reincarnation/revenge novel with a gentleman male lead who doesn't rape/forcing himself onto the female lead from their first encounter. I'm really tired seeing those kinds of male lead ending up with the female lead even though he have changed in the process, i still dont have a good vibe from it and simply cant forgive him. Well, rape/aggresiveness of the male lead just doesnt seem that romantic as what the author probably think. I rarely meet male lead that are gentle and just treat the female lead with respect and just take things slowly, or maybe i just haven't read that many novels.

Anyways, i would also like it if the the main couple doesn't have a love-hate relationship, just a pure attracted interest, if you know what i mean, since a love-hate relationship takes too long of a progress, but its okay if you cant find them, i can bear with love-hate relationship as long as the male lead is a gentleman and again, doesn't force himself to the female lead.

Please give me some recommendations according to my criteria above! thank you!

2. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife. It's my favorite novel. The main characters have a really cute chemistry, they're like best friends always messing with each other. It's gender bender BTW. It's also completed.

There is a little bit of forcing going on there...but if you can call that rape, who really raped who here? Cause the FL pushed the ML down and took his dick inside her, but she was drugged by someone and became incredibly horny. The ML is also at fault here because he previously intentionally let a misunderstanding go on where she thought she already lost her virginity to him. She would never have done it if she hadn't thought they already did it. So is the FL the rapist? Is the ML the rapist? Or is the woman who drugged the MC the rapist? What we do know is that nobody wanted it but everybody still did it. (Well, the ML probably really wanted it, just didn't wanna hurt her so that's why he was reluctant.)

Then there's You Look Like You’re Made of Money where even though the ML actually comes home drunk and sleeps with the MC, the MC didn't really push him away and it kinda looked like she could've easily avoided it if she wanted. He still believes it's his fault and broods over it so the MC is the one who is really the bad guy, right? (Well, no, I guess? Cause she doesn't intentionally try to make him feel guilty about it. In fact she actually tries to make him consider her as his wife.)

Rania want to QT and arzettay like this.
  3. wen wen

wen wen Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might like "The Male Lead’s Substitute Wife". The MC transmigrated into a novel as the vileness, who married the ML. It's a sweet story where she basically tries to please her husband until the FL comes back so that she can get a huge alimony from the divorce instead of dying like it the original. (thats the premise of the story)

Creativity53 and arzettay like this.
  4. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth on the doors of the civil affairs office
    They have a really sweet relationship that they develop bit by bit, ml was really nice, mc sometimes a bit too wayward but was a funny novel, also enjoyed a lot the side characters' stories

Sabruness, Creativity53 and arzettay like this.
  5. Ouiche

Ouiche Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try Every Vicious Woman Needs a Loyal Man.
    She became sweet and cudly works for the Ml personality, even though the way they get together in the beginning is a bit sketchy. It is really cute though, I really recommand it.

Tofu Cat, Creativity53 and arzettay like this.
  6. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  7. spaceturtle

spaceturtle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may be interested in Return of the Female Knight. FL travels back twenty years into the past when she dies, and she swear to get revenge on a duke who was responsible for her family's death.
    Her first encounter with the ML is not hostile; in fact, he's pretty sweet to her.
    I'm still reading the webnovel atm.

arzettay likes this.
  8. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn’t any gentlemen male lead, only rapist and scum MAle lead that author trying whitewashing him or justice him to make him pitiful and handsome and rich. MC is Stockholm syndromes who forgive to murder and rapist scum ML.

arzettay likes this.
  9. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh I've read that before and I like it! this reminds me, one of the example of what I want is probably The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent (WN), I actually read the manga of this novel but its probably just the same with the webnovel. The male lead of this manga really fit my criteria, he is just the literal definition of gentleman. Even though all in all its a really slow of a progress in romance since the manga focused on more than just the romance, so i'm searching for a romance focused novel with those kinds of male lead.

spaceturtle likes this.
  10. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot agree more!! And that is a really saddening fact. Its like the mc doesn't have any worth at all, like why would they even in a slightest bit think of liking the ones that has hurt them?? forgiving them is possible but its a rare chance to end up with them for your whole life. These plots are what i often see and many of them are popular so I thought i was the only one who think like this. I'm still on my journey to search for my kind male lead though, I dont believe there isn't any gentlemen male lead, and maybe this is according to people preferences so i dont judge anyone that likes them. I still stand to my preferences tough since if you want to get respected by me, you need to respect the female lead first!

sleepingirl, Sabruness and Aisha Ann like this.
  11. Aisha Ann

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s rare to have gentlemen in revenge novel. MC always getting back with scum ex husband who kill her in first life, some with MC getting back with rapist arrogant prince who molest her for example like the Chongfei Manual
    I just feel like author love rape too much. Always rape in romance novel. Even got traumatized by it so I only read yuri novel femaleXfemale cause no rape in there.

Sabruness likes this.
  12. Phantomheart

Phantomheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/80786/the-satisfaction-of--lifetimes-marigolds-reincarnation/
    this is my own novel so I understand if you do not wish to read it ;w;
    Basic premise is that MC dies as the villainess in her story, but gets sent back to when she is ten years old after living 100 lifetimes as other cannon fodder. She met the ML through these lifetimes but gets separated from him when she gets transported back. Instead of pursuing a bloody revenge however, she decides to use prior knowledge from her first life and other lifetimes to create her own happily ever after.
    Throughout these lifetimes, they met when she punched him in the face, became fast friends and were even married for a couple of lifetimes. They reconvene eventually and continue their relationship while faceslapping everyone from their past. The overall theme of the novel is forgiveness/ moving on and there aren’t many pure revenge moments (murder) but a lot of political power moves and faceslapping.
    - Relationship is established
    - ML and MC have a codependent relationship — both are overly protective of each other and barely function without their other half.
    - ML is a dramatic and extremely mischievous person to play off the rather spiteful personality of MC.

arzettay likes this.
  13. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Phantomheart
    That is your own novel? impressive! 100 lifetimes sounds like a huge amount of lifetimes ahahah.. intrestesting plot though! I would check it out later, thanks!

Phantomheart likes this.
  14. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh really? i dont see getting back with their ex who killed them in their first life often, and i think the readers wouldn't probably allow that to happen... the mc always faceslapped their enemies so i dont see that often, but i see new male leads who force themselves to the mc a lot and i get that gentlemens are rare in revenge novels haha. I always thought the rape is like a fan-service but its not even pleasent to read, it is suffering.

15. spaceturtle

spaceturtle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! I'm also reading the manga though I don't remember much since it's been ages since I've read it (waiting on more chapters to be released so I can binge read a bunch of chapters at once).

I understand your struggle. It's hard to find a ML who's a decent human being, let alone a gentleman, in these kind of stories. Even when a ML is portrayed as a gentleman, authors like to give him a hidden twisted/yandere/shrewd personality or something, in fear of having their ML be too boring. In a media, that's saturated with these kind of MLs, a gentleman ML is truly a rare species XD

The only ML I can think of who fits your criteria is the one from Akuyaku Reijou wa Danna-sama wo Yasesasetai. It's neither a revenge nor a reincarnation story, but the premise is very similar to those "MC reincarnated as a villainess, and is having her engagement annulled because the prince is head-over-heals in love with the heroine who the villainess bullied, and now she's being banished" stories. Alois (the ML) is like the personification of gentleman. Like The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent, the romance is slow and the plot places focus on other aspects of the story. Oh and it's completed so that's a plus.

I'd also like to recommend Remarried Empress, which also has a webtoon being translated atm. It's similar to the above premise but instead of an engagement being annulled, its a divorce. I would say the ML is a gentleman per say (he seems calculating) but he's a gentleman to the FL. I highly recommend this story if you can tolerate the stupidity of the FL's husband and his mistress. It's also a slowburn romance.

I realized I've kinda strayed away from you originally asked for but I thought I'd put in my two cents, in case you're interested (even though I'm such a noob when it comes to webnovels, idk why I think I'm qualified to give recommendations XD).

arzettay likes this.
  16. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess a gentlemen male lead seems boring to the readers and well i cannot fully disagree with that. Although i think they can just make the plot twisted and interesting and doesn't need to change the male lead personality to make it not boring. I will check out Akuyaku Reijou wa Danna-sama wo Yasesasetai, and I have already read Remarried Empress! it seems our taste are familiar! haha I'm glad.

spaceturtle likes this.
  17. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this +100000000000% ML has somewhat low EQ so sometimes he's a bit dense but he's pretty respectful to the FL most of the time. Also, the side characters are awesome as well.

arzettay likes this.
  18. Aisha Ann

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, There were lot of romance Korean, Chinese novels like that where FMC forgive her murderer ML, who kill her at first life and abuse her, kill her unborn child. She forgive him and even marry him at second life, she still got misunderstood by him and abuse by her. She forgive him, even if he kill her unborn child, she still forgive him:mad: disgusting mental retard, I wish she wasn’t female human cause I feel like she humiliated all women. she is trash and doesn’t know how to love herself first. Even mL is monster and disgusting scum

utsukushi01 and Rania want to QT like this.
  19. huntertdx

huntertdx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm.. I like stories like "I'm Pregnant with the Villain’s Child" the ML is the type that only accepts one woman in his life. (funny ML ona other novel, he was a evil prince but is a virgin both mind and body. His subordinate has the responsibility to teach the ML. Where the mc finds the stuff and confronts ML, where the ML glare at his subordinate)

20. arzettay

arzettay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    interesting.... thank you for the rec!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020