Movie Shuri Replace T'Chala?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Ram5, Jan 26, 2020.

?

Do you agree with they decision?

1. Of course!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Of course...

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link

So, Wakanda Foreva?

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, I have never really understood black panther. I feel like the Western world had an extremely exaggerated response to it due to its political significance. But as an Asian, I actually found the origins movie to be average, if not poor due to the hype surrounding it.

Blitz, Bachingchung, zduino and 2 others like this.
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't even watch it....in fact i didn't even know they made it until they started to hype it.....

4. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    if the herb powers can be given to her, I'm okay with it. she did become it once in the comics. I'm not okay with Michelle being MJ and not a redhead. I need my redheads.

5. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed the first movie okay and as long as I enjoy the second I don't care.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's a big issue, though I do feel sad for the actor himself, I mean... He did a great job as Black Panther, while Shuri was... Kinda unremarkable to me? Like... I think that's his sister, but in all honesty I'm not even sure, that's how unremarkable she was.

Maybe she wasn't given the proper chance to shine, I dunno, but rn it doesn't feel like she did that much, so it feels a bit sad to see that he will be phased out in the future.

Oh well, I'll be happy as long as the movie quality remains high~

imK likes this.
  7. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another reason to show a female wearing catsuit yet somehow still able to kick-ass? why not? They do need new female lead after Black Widow died...

8. Gammarad

Gammarad New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shuri was a very cool character. I'd like to continue having T'Challa in there too though.

imK likes this.
  9. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really can't take Black Panther seriously. XD the shit I could give about the Black Panther series is on the negatives.

10. Deleted member 239874

Deleted member 239874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Disney made poor decision by making Shuri to be 16 y.o. it would be better if she's around her twenties like in the comics--- it will give us a good arc of this princess who ready help her brother or take his place when something happen.

I mean 16 y.o Shuri in the movie just someone who only cares about tech and not thinking about the government.

11. dekadai

dekadai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fan of the comics, I really hated how T'Challa was portrayed in this movie, the director even admitted that he wasn't a fan of the character himself. I think that they'll probably introduce Namor and wreck Wakanda again. As for Shuri becoming Black Panther, I believe that in the movie they had Erik burn all the heart-shaped herb, so where would they get more?