Spoiler Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Cypress, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Chinnzz

Chinnzz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please send me the link...I would like to read

2. Chinnzz

Chinnzz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    Where can I get this translation, please send me the link

3. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link

Luo Yun Xi & Arthur Chen in Upcoming Immortality 皓衣行 C-Drama (The Husky and His White Cat)
    :hmm:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    rosierosie likes this.
  4. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    savior alright.. now i know what to look forward too.. read those chapters.. delicious..
    and i am so happy with the casting for liveaction.. chen as moran is PERFECT.. Luo on his own and on back of ashes is also a good casting choice (but honestly now when i read good looking, elegant, cold - nothing can replace yibo's refined look.. luo lacks that rich elegance) .. anyway those two are great actors so fingers crossed that they do justice to the story

why does moran sound like moron to me :p

sets_trans and Jackofspade like this.
  5. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what we know for sure is.. in live action they won't end together.. at best open ending :(

6. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    When I type things out on my phone, I’m often too lazy to add extra spaces in their names, which makes it sound dumb :blobsweat_2:

As for the casting, I’m not sure I’m feeling Arthur Chen for the role... while I can picture him as the young-disciple Mo__Ran, I’m not sure if he can pull off the cruel, domineering ‘TaXian Jun’ persona. Arthur Chen looks rather young and sweet, and I’m not sure if he has the gravitas to portray the older, tyrannical emperor (And I’m judging solely on appearances because I’ve never seen his acting before. And he’s so young - only 19, wow).

Wang Yibo would’ve been perfect for ChuWanNing, but I guess we can’t have him going around hogging all the BL roles :blobrofl:

Luo YunXi is a pretty good choice too. He just tends to look nicer & kind, while YiBo a cold, noble elegance.

As for the drama, IDK if I wanna watch a BL adaptation where they censor out all the gay romance.

It didn’t matter too much in the Untamed/FOD, because the two leads didn’t get together until the end of the novel. However for Erha, the angsty tragic romance between Mo__Ran and ChuWanNing is suge a huge integral part of the story. Sometimes it feels like Mo__Ran’s anguished longing for his shizun takes up like half the writing.

And ugh, I hated the open ending of The Untamed.
    Why couldn’t they just have two friends travelling the world together, fighting monsters? Ain’t nothin’ gay about that! Why’d they have to separate? :blobangery:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    sareenmomo and rosierosie like this.
  7. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen is perfect for playing the cheeky Mo Ran..

but yes, seeing a domineering side would be a first for all of us..

and we already know shimei is a girl.. so lol.. i don't know if in all those kiss scenes will they have Luo's voiceover :p

But such a waste to lose all the romance in live action!

Untamed spoiled good.. these two really transcended their respective roles.. i can see XZ as Chu Wanning too.. yibo fits every role.. lol

Waiting to see which brilliant lucky actor gets casted in role of sanglan in TGCF

sareenmomo likes this.
  8. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I heard Marcus Sim announced this adaptation, I have to go and read the novel. I'm now on Ch 114^^!!! I saw some artwork, and they look so good together!!! I'm excited for the live-action one. Looks like the lead actors are good looking enough to played CWN and MR. I have not watched any of their work, but from the review---It looks like they can carry the drama. I just hope the screenwriter(s) would be good. Since this will be bromance, instead of BL-----that stinks because of the censorship but will look forward to it.
    By the way, MTL translation is a little hard to read, did they use google translate? Is anyone else translating this? Also, for the artwork, does the author usually illustrate that too^^?? I love the artwork in this one.

9. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    Which MTL are you reading?

I have the edited MTL on google docs. I dunno who it belongs to--babelnovel maybe? It's not super great, but it's mostly understandable. The epilogue/extras are really bad tho...

rosierosie likes this.
  10. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the one on the website. Do you mind pm me the one you have with the google doc^^? Thanks

11. yukiluthien

yukiluthien New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, do you mind send me the link of google docs?

12. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    what the hell is a name "ShiMei" ???????? ShiMei for dude's name?? ShiMei sounds like Junior Disciple Sister (ShiMei) the hell?? this name sounds soooo sissy!!!!!

13. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    @Kumo723 he has another name, Shi MingJing... I don’t know why they don’t use it that much :hmm:

apparently chinese characters often have formal names/nick names/courtesy names/and a bunch of titles... ‘Founder of Diabolism’ explains it lol. Ugh, so many different names there...

Shi Mei/Shi MingJing is actually a fake identity anyway. His real name is Hua BiaNian or something...

14. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC Mo Ran is asshole. I've never seen any selfish and self righteous bastard like him. Always pinning the evil tag on WanNing and never thought about how he felt or why he did what he did. I also hate that Green Tea Sissy Shi Mei. Even his name is rlly sissy. because his name sounds exactly like Junior Disciple Sister.

15. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    @Kumo723 I hated Mo Ran a lot at first. I especially hated him from the past life. But towards the end, you learn about why is he is so hateful...

When Mo Ran first came to the sect, he really liked his Shizun.

However one day, he caught Shi Mei about to plant the “Flower of Everlasting Hatred” on Chu WanNing. The Evil Flower erases all of a person’s happy memories, and increases all of their negative and ugly feelings.

Shi Mei intended to turn ChuWanNing into his killing puppet. However, Mo Ran offered to to be planted with the flower instead. So Shi Mei cursed him with the evil flower and erased his memories afterwards.

Because of the flower, Mo Ran forgot all the happy memories with his Shizun. He forgot how Chu WanNing taught him how to read/write. He forgot how he had embroidered a handkerchief as a present for Chu WanNing.

All he could remember was that CWN beat the shit out of him. Mo Ran wasn’t even that angry at CWN at first— he was initially going to go make up with Shizun... until he caught Shi Mei trying to curse CWN.

After being infected with the evil flower, all of Mo Ran’s negative feelings just built up gradually. He reached his breaking point after Shi Mei died. The misunderstandings between Mo Ran & CWN got out of hand because CWN never bothered to explain himself—that he literally had no energy to save Shi Mei, not because he doesn’t care about his disciples.

And the reason why Mo Ran loved Shi Mei is because ShiMei placed his a part of his spiritual energy into Mo Ran, which caused MoRan to like ShiMei.

But the person Mo Ran had always been obsessed with was Chu WanNing. He never really desired Shi Mei.

At the start of the story(present timeline), Mo Ran was still infected by the Evil Flower, which was why he’s such a little bitch. CWN didn’t remove it until later...

Anyway, TLDR— you can blame Shi Mei for causing Mo Ran to be an asshole. Pretty much every bad thing that happened is because of Shi Mei lol.

I cried ugly tears when I learned the truth :blobsob:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  16. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't like that guy neither, i've always felt that he's a green tea sissy. he's literally a better girl than i am. not to mention i can tell he's a white lotus. i rlly just want him out. especially listening to he audio drama his voice was soft, timid, and sissy

17. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    thats not the problem. His usual name is the problem!! it's f**king girly. It sound exactly like the word for "junior disciple sister" I was confused at first and even thought he was a girl bc of that name. I feel like the author is trying to make that guy as girly as possible

18. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but that paper dragon hint is so obvious in the beginning.. that something is going on and no one is aware of it.. when paper dragon talks about the last magic and it is sinister and powerful magic.. and we already saw that no powerful magic existed outside in the market or on the holy weapon

19. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure Shi Mei was designed to be as annoying and infuriating as possible, both in his deceptive nice guy front and the sheer horribleness of the techniques he uses.

The depressing thing is.... the ending is literally him winning. “Oh he died in the end...” yeah but aside from that, he got everything he wanted. You bet your life he would have done everything exactly the same way if he had a chance to do it all over. No remorse, no regrets, no justice. Mo Ran and Chu Wanning never really get their name cleared—in fact, the “second life Mo Ran” literally dies because of Shi Mei’s faction slandering him. Technically his soul fuses with the previous life Mo Ran’s body and all, but he tried so hard to be good this life and in the end got rewarded with a heaping pile of torture.

All those loveable side characters who died... And the ones who didn’t die are permanently scarred by the loss they went through.

FFFFFFFFFUUUU the ending just pisses me off because of how dark it is. Like you can tell the author wanted MAXIMUM ANGST but it just made me increasingly angry. I don’t read fantasy for the depressing tragic endings where bad people get away with the shit they did and good people always suffer. I’d look to real life for that. This is also why I stopped reading Priest’s novels lol

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  20. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Priest always does happy endings for the main couple...