Discussion Which type of romace novel ML did you like?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Jeonjkook, Jan 25, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot of type of ML in every novel but i mostly encountered some overbearing annoyingly possessive that force FL to satisfied himself, that's type i hate the most haha.. enough with this.

For me the type i love the most is like caesar from Survive As The Hero's Wife, he is so adorable when he embarrassed also he is devoted to only one girl, canaria, and he is not overbearing to FL in fact he is very considerate to her ><, but most importantly he is so adorable >\\<

Let me know which type you like the most.. also let me know who is it hehe

Cyltea likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Ying from He's Mine, No Objections Allowed. Poor guy just wanted to play knight-in-shining-armor once and ride off into the sunset... he didn't expect (or desired) to be chased by the now-not-so-distressed-damsel zealously proffering her hand in marriage. BTW, he was caught. :blobcry:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Novel Monster, imK and Jeonjkook like this.
  3. xaist

xaist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeonjkook likes this.
  4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Bittersweet or tragedy romance as starter.
    One Night, One Day, One Year, One Lifetime
    Byousoku 5 Centimeter

Then I read happy ending romance to heal my soul back.
    The Destruction of a Triad Boss Trilogy
    A Solution for Jealousy

imK and Jeonjkook like this.
  5. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

"Love me, Fear me, Do as I say, Then I shall be your slave" ~ Some blond overlord

In serious note, I agree villans are way better romance material, points if they are blond. The danger adds a spicy kick to it, yaoi or yuri also does the job.

6. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now I'm obsessed with Hanako-kun/Amane Yugi from Toilet Bound Hanako-kun.
    He's cute, mischievous, kind, knows how to apologize when he takes things too far, and affectionate (i love his cute skinships with yashiro ughh)

Cyltea and Jeonjkook like this.
  7. Yozora

Yozora Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Carlisle from Return of the Female Knight.
    Though he really doesnt want the FL to face dangerous situations, he won't really restrict her freedom. He respects her ability and trusts her with his back when the need arises. That doesnt stop him from constantly worrying about her getting hurt

imK, yorozuyaginchan and Jeonjkook like this.
  8. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Marshall from How I Met Your Mother count?
    He's an absolute sweetheart. Like a big ol' teddy bear.
    And he's hilarious.
    Ted is pretty great too, but he did cheat a few times even if those were accidents.
    And Barney...well, although a great bro (more or less) I wouldn't let any woman near him unless I wanna see them get hurt.

...but they probably don't count.

Bachingchung and Jeonjkook like this.
  9. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably any MC that didn't force themselves on the love interest

imK, FeruHS, Bachingchung and 2 others like this.
  10. Shinrin98

Shinrin98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love all novels where the ML pampers and spoils the crap out of the FL or most times in transmigration novels. Absolutely adorable.

Bitter and aienmoon like this.
  11. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, the male love interest should be a major character, so he should also be constructed as one. So he should have a proper personality, interests, concerns, and fleshed out relationships, so basically the building blocks that should go into all good characters. I find that a lot of Romance writers like to have the male love interest reduce the female protagonist so she ends up not having anything to do in the rest of the story. I hate that so none of that business. Outside of that, I'd want him to be a interesting character who actually has proper conflicts. Yeah, this precludes an awful lot of male leads, but that's sort of the point.

imK, Fuyuneko, Bachingchung and 3 others like this.
  12. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have any examples for this kind of male lead? I found it quite interesting hehe

13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I don't think there are all that many of them out there. The problem is that for well-rounded characters, romance is not the be-all and end-all of what they're about. They'll have interests and foibles that will clash with their romantic partners so any relationship will still have its share of conflict. Most Romance novels are designed to fulfill the fantasy of a perfect romance so any conflict will interfere with that.

That said, I'd recommend the Tong Hua novels I've read: Bu Bu Jing Xin, Ballad of the Desert, and Song in the Clouds. The characters in these books tend to be designed realistically so love does not conquer all, and these stories tend to be very sad. Other than those, I've generally had better luck with romances in books written for male audiences.

14. Ahlya

Ahlya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All time favourite male lead would have to be caesar too lmao but Im also a fan of Jiho from Inso's Law. I like how him and the MC are able to joke around and he's always there to listen to her troubles.

Jeonjkook likes this.
  15. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly like pampering MLs that i sually find in fluffy novels and sometimes yandere-ish ML. I like the conflicts from a little bit possessive mls.:blobsweat: Dont like the over possessive though wherein the fl is almost not doing anything because the ml does/controls everything for her and being treated as a doll the ml owns.:notlikeblob:

16. BIID228

BIID228 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    like in
    FFF-Class Trashero

17. MurakamiChiaki

MurakamiChiaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boi, my taste in ML is a rollercoaster trip.

Well, the ones who never fails in making me swoon are the damned black belly, two-faced, look nice but not, always smiling or acting cute yet is the scariest shit ever. Extra points if they are yanderes. Those who everyone around them perceives as a good person(maybe actually is a good person) but has a darkness inside himself may or may not know are my cup of tea too.

Did I say yandere already? Yeah, yanderes. I love yanderes. Bring me out the yanderes.

18. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ted and Ross are the worst. They are so picky when they weren't the catch they thought they were to begin with. Marshall is the best though.

19. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really a fan of Eastern Romance, because the story will always be entwined with power and fame which kinda surpass the limitation of reality for me.

I'm a sucker for a romcom with a manic pixie dream girl for an FL and an affable dork for the ML. They are usually full of witty and funny dialogues and filled with relatable events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.