Recommendations Josei Novel/Manhwa as Good as Lucia

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by cosmicpeach, Jan 26, 2020.

1. cosmicpeach

cosmicpeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a lot of josei romance fans loves Lucia right?
    Please recommend me any good josei novel or manga (manhwa/manhua) as good as Lucia that is deserve more love and readers! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Let's exclude Living as The Villainess Queen and Light & Shadow!

BTW, I highly recommend you (if you have not) read Light and Shadow. I love the FMC very much, our awesome Edna!! This novel got a manhwa adaptaion and already completed!:blobmelt:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ash=27e49640d2f1b3b0688ccd460c6a83e2#comments

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    sithkazar likes this.
  2. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking at reading Light & Shadow. I love Rainy Translation's Adonis and wanted to read some of their other projects, but was nervous because there hasn't been an update in almost a year (I assumed its dropped)?

I highly recommend Adonis by the way. Its not really similar to Lucia, as the main character is a rather aloof and cold female knight. If anything, her character is closer to Hugo's (including murdering her family in the past). We haven't really met the male lead yet and its hard to say how much romance the novel will have.... but I am absolutely enamored with it. It is extremely well written and I highly recommend it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    spaceturtle and Chelsey Smith like this.
  3. spaceturtle

spaceturtle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The webtoon for Lucia is what got me into the webnovel. Currently reading it.
    I've also read the webtoon for Light and Shadow and Adonis; will get to the webnovels eventually.

Not similar to Lucia but I recommend Remarried Empress! It also has a webtoon, but only a few chapters are out. The story begins withs Navier's (MC) divorce, which happens in the future. It's similar to those premises where the fiance annuls the engagement because he's got a side chick and he thinks the MC has been mistreating her, except this is a divorce. The rest of the translated chapters tell us the story of what led to the divorce, from the time Navier's husband (Soveishu *cough* stupidshoe) brings in his mistress (Rashta *cough* trashta). What I really like about the story are the characters (even the idiot husband and mistress.. I'm probably in the minority) because none of them are just black and white. They all have their faults (some more than others) and I understand how problems arise. I don't feel like the author creates problems just for the sake of the story, I really feel like they happen as a consequence of characters' words/actions.
    It's also really interesting seeing how everything unfolds and trying to figure out characters' motivations.

sithkazar likes this.
  4. titetoile11

titetoile11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link