Discussion If U Could be Reincarnated or Time Travel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SnowdropLily, Jan 28, 2020.

1. SnowdropLily

SnowdropLily 100% Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    There are two questions. You can choose to answer just one or answer both. Both questions are based on the idea "if" time travel and reincarnation is true.

1. If you could time travel, in which point of time do you wish to be?

2. If you would be given the chance to be reincarnated, what world would you like to be reincarnated into? Will you choose to be reincarnated in the same world but as a different person? Will you choose a poor life or a rich life?

For me, I chose to answer question #1.

My answer: If I could time travel, I would like to travel back to when I was still a baby. I really want to start my life again ... literally. The reason being is that I feel like there are many things in my life that I regret right now. So, if some point in my life I die and would be given the chance to travel back in time, I would take that chance to change my fate.

Anyways, I'm just curious as to how many people would have the same thoughts as me. Or to how many people would like to be reincarnated or to time travel.

Nusan and Cutter Masterson like this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I chose #1 as well, and I also would like to go back in time to correct some things that I think I could have done better but I don't want to travel back to when I was a baby :blobsweat_2:

Nusan, SnowdropLily and TokioftheBel like this.
  3. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, but here is the thing you fail to consider foolish one because what if the one that created time travel is like Skynet? An AI? A being of pure Intelligence without any biological component to be consider life.

4. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd time travel to after Elon gives us genetically engineered cat girls, and before the machine uprising of Mars.

elengee likes this.
  5. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. 10 seconds before the Big Bang. I want to see it happen, just so that I will be remembered as the first human to do so. There are many more moments such as seeing the first time a solar eclipse and lunar eclipse happen with other humans around. Y2K is also a good year to watch. 9/11, D-Day, Julius Caesar's death, Socrates' trial, Stockmarket Crash of 1929, MLK's assassination, Kennedy's assassination, Lincoln's assassination, and a whole bunch of other major and historic moments.

2. I would reincarnate as an immortal humanoid or a robot. Whatever is better.

Akemilly likes this.
  6. Shawqi

Shawqi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If I could time travel, I would go back to the days where I just graduated Highschool. I would still make use of my pocket money to pay for the internet, but this time I would use it productively. instead of using it to read manga on the aggregator, I would use it to post stories and images. and by the time we go back to 2020, I would already have a fanbase I could live off of.

2. If I could be reincarnated somewhere, I would choose the world of One Piece. It had a great power vs suffering ratio. no need to be born special, no need to have a hidden bloodline, everybody can become strong as possible, you just need a dream to chase. It is fair. the status of NPC only falls to those lazy enough to have any ambition.

If I want to have fun I just need to go to Grandline, if I didn't like excitement I could laze around in the blues. no need to worry about world-ending calamity or something.

7. mizzu321

mizzu321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While reincarnating to a different world is interesting too (even if it a hard kind of world as long as there some kind magic and a common enemy (like monster) i think it will be sufficiently an interesting life)

but if i had to choose 1, definitely choose the time travel one, while not as far as baby i like to at least travel back to my elementary school time. or at least at the beginning of high school. there so much things i regret since i was kid that still haunted me until now, and really want a chance to change it, hell my memories good enough that i still can vividly remember what regretful things i have done since i was a kid that sometimes make me suddenly depressed myself if i go through that.

Akemilly and SnowdropLily like this.
  8. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I would like to turn back the time when I was still baby. Cuz as the same reason. I also regret alot of things right now... :blobpensive::blobpensive::blobpensive::blobpensive:
    2) I want to reincarnated to One Piece or Vampire Knight world. Reason is cuz both of them is my fav anime :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

But if you say I need to choose one of them, I would choose 1 blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs

9. Daitengu

Daitengu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. 500 years in the future. Cause fuck the past, all that nostalgia bias doesn't make it better. I wanna see if the robot overlords, corporate dystopia, or Star trek happened. (2 outa 3, I'm game with. guess which one I'm not? whahahaha)

2. Different world, Star Ocean Universe. You get space tech, and magic. That's just the best.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd go for reincarnation. Reason: It's personal. Let's just say my life is shit, and not to my own actions, but the make up of my being makes it so.

10. Xinneth

Xinneth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. To the time when i was 1 or 2yrs old cause being a baby must be hard. Or to the future as a baby.
    2. To any world that has an adventurer's guild, magic/mana, monsters. In a family that has a good amount of money but it doesn't have to be a noble family. I want memories of my previous life.

Akemilly likes this.
  11. Xinneth

Xinneth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also like vampire knight. I want to be in that world

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The future, so I can see all the cool stuff we have like planet destroyers and the like.

Who the hell would pick a poor life? Are they mad?

That is a delusion. If we wanted to change our fate, we would change our fate right now. If we go back in time, we wouldn't be better, we would more than likely be worse.

What makes our childhoods special is we gain habits and experiences that make up who we are as our building blocks. If we go back in time, we aren't magically gonna become hard working, we will just be more lazier and have it even worse. Even more so since the more a person lives, their perception of time changes. When we were small a year seems to be almost forever, now a year passes before we know it. That is because we find the world around us boring so our brains filter things out, which then augments our perception of time.

Any motivation you might have of making things right is going to go down the drain quicker than you can think.

So if you don't want regrets, then make things right moving forward, because going back in time won't fix it. Even the aspect you think of benefiting from knowing the future is going to quickly go down the drain due to butterfly effect. If anything, it may harm you even more as you make bets on a future that isn't inline with the altered reality.

13. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time travel..... maybe to grade school? And told myself:
    study ur ass off! U can still like manga and anime, but steer clear of stupid fight and hanging out afterschool for no God damned reason and study till ur brain melt and ur eyes hurt!

Seriously..... i have no regret liking manga and anime it took time but honestly because of it my english were better than most of my friends (although not that great compared to those who study seriously) so there's a plus.... but other things i did? Nothing but a waste of time..... it costs me my uni life, and that further costs me my life now......

14. mizzu321

mizzu321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can't say you're wrong because i still don't experience it yet, but at least something will definitely change. It's like the different if you know how your life will become in the future if you do something vs you don't do it. so of course there will be some kind of different, but just like you say the different will not be necessarily better. Because by going back you can fix your unfixable mistake, or choose a different path.

15. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The day that is Lord was born...so I can kill myself and save me from a world of suffering...
    2. The world of monster musume cause ...:D

16. Akemilly

Akemilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I would explore humanity's past and see many historical events happening... (I would love to show up before the Titanic leaves the port and shout: "This thing is going to sink in the middle of the ocean!", lol). But if that wasn't possible (cause there is a rule that you can only travel to the moments when you were alive / already existed because only your conscience travels and takes the place of the one that was in your body at that time or something), then i would travel to before school started...

2. If I reincarnate, I would like to be the cat of an ojou-sama and live leisurely with 3 or more meals per day, naps in the sun and someone to pats me whenever I want. Iol

17. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If you could time travel, in which point of time do you wish to be?
    If I’m free to travel back and forth. I guess I would like to see if Atlantis really existed.
    If I’m stuck at one point in time. I guess I choose 1930. Many of the best earning companies was between 1930 to 2000. From oil to computers. I would make sure my old self was set for life.

2. If you would be given the chance to be reincarnated, what world would you like to be reincarnated into? Will you choose to be reincarnated in the same world but as a different person? Will you choose a poor life or a rich life?
    I would like to be reincarnated in magical medieval fantasy world.
    If I had to return, but keep my memories. I would still be a guy. I would choose to be in a happy home with loving family, but if given a choice on being poor or rich. I’d pick either middle class or leaning closer to rich. I’ve already experience poor. Let’s try the others.

18. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    #1: probably the start of chemistry as a study

#2: I would love to be in a world like ours, just with all continents connected in some way (tunnel, natural bridges), with magic, where anyone can use it but it isn't studied too deeply so that I could have some simple things to discover that could lead to bigger discoveries

19. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If future travel would be possible, the time before mankind gets wiped out by nuclear wars. I wanna see every advance tech of that time.

2. I want to reincarnate back to being me and maybe fix things. Unless I can be reincarnated with my mum to an isekai world where peace reigns and no fucking war.

20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If Ai-chan can redo any part of Ai-chan's life, Ai-chan would redo shortly after SAT. Ai-chan would not have chosen that completely useless Games Design degree if Ai-chan had known that it's just a pretty paper with no job opportunity. We didn't learn anything that could've gained us proper jobs. We learned a bit here, a bit there, some programming, some 3D modelling but all were half-baked. When it came time to actually do things, none of the things we learned were useful.

Believe it or not, we actually learned engineering calculus. Why the fuck did we have to learn engineering calculus to make games when we weren't even taught programming properly? Do we need to know how to calculate the volume of a tornado or a water spout to make games? We had to take three engineering calculus subjects. In the meantime, we were only taught C and C++. We didn't learn HTML, Javascript, Java or even Python.

That course had 80% dropout rate, not because it's difficult, but because everything was half-baked. And the people who failed engineering calculus twice simply decided to drop out because why the fuck do we need to learn engineering calculus to makes games?!!! Out of the 20+ graduates, only 1 graduate ended up working in games industry, at a company that went bankrupt after 6 years.

As for reincarnate, Ai-chan would like to reincarnate in a backward world with primitive technology with magic. It doesn't matter what kind of magic they have. As long as it has magic, that's all that matters. Wicca does not count. Much of wicca's stuff are based on luck.