Discussion Overdosing, is it really that tragic?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arrynne, Jan 28, 2020.

?

Overdosing, is it really that tragic?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    So with the headline news of Kobe Bryant passing to a helicopter accident, I had a thought.

Is it really a tragedy in dying to overdosing?
    Because OD'ing to drugs is a choice right? Unless there was a foul play for the situation then I agree that's a tragedy as it's considered as a murder.

But taking drugs is a choice and addiction can be cured, and it's not considered as suicide as well.

I don't really consider it as tragedy, I'm sorry if I will offend anyone but in my point of view as they are someone taking drugs they should be responsible to the dosage they take.

Do you get what I mean?

What do you think?

EDIT: Suicide through OD'ing is tragic, I meant this for people who died of OD'ing because they just want to take and abuse drugs.

I'm not sullying their memory because they died, I just don't think its THAT tragic. I'm not downplaying it, I just think they are overplaying it for other people because they have "Status" and think those common people who died OD'ing deserved it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    its not tragic:blobfearful:... they didn't read manual:blobconfused:, its say, twice a day not trice a day....:blobexpressionless:

well sorry for joke. but yes, sometime overdose caused by choice or accident...

nuubman likes this.
  3. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. It's really that bad. I've buried a few.

lychee and Femme Fatale like this.
  4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't overdose though...he crashed in a helicopter along with his 13 year old daughter...it's tragic really.

I think it's tragic if you OD. Any life cut short is tragic, especially for the family and friends that are left behind....unless the person is on a self destructive journey....then it can be a relief, as hard as it may sound....because perhaps, maybe, they are at peace now...

kkgoh, imK, orematcha and 2 others like this.
  5. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    All death is tragic, it just matters how close someone is.

6. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're a celebrity, yes. If you're an ordinary person, then no.

7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The bad thing is not really the way s/he die. It's why the person chose to die.

Most celebrities picked to die fast instead of suffering like Robin Williams. But the most tragic of all is to die due to depression. It means you are so lonely that life is just not worth to live anymore

8. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like smoking but at another level. Life is already fragile as it is, why make it easier for you to die. That's just my own take of course, if you think life is worth it just because you had pleasure then I guess you do you.

9. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw the druggies.
    Any addiction becomes a choice, And OD is a result of stupidity. In no way is it a tragedy.
    Heart attack, stroke, something not in your control, that's a tragedy. Addiction is not

Sabruness likes this.
  10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One death is a tragedy, millions are a statistic.
    Millions die every year due to air pollution, war, and famine. All of it easily avoidable if it wasn't for human greed and ignorance.
    Sure, every premature death is tragic in a sense, but those caused by their own hand much less so than the ones inflicted upon others.

anon likes this.
  11. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Self medicating for pain and mental illness are the two main causes for overdose in the US. In America the medical system is designed to get a pain management patient addicted, then cut them off. And it doesn’t provide the funding necessary to treat the majority of mental ill patients at all. So yes it is a terrible tragedy because we and the system have utterly failed these people. They desperately needed our help and better solutions to complex problems and we labeled them as trouble makers and ignored them to death. I think of that as much more terrible than a tragic accident. At least then we had done all we could.

12. IndelibleWords

IndelibleWords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's tragic. At least, for those who lost a loved one.

Also, it's sad because the person ODing does not know they're dying.

13. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats the US system at work. Most of the public systems there are pretty sucky. Healthcare and education only being the two worst outliners of failure.

14. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honest it’s pretty bad all over. A lot of countries disabled people are simply encouraged not to go out because “no one wants to see that” so many suffer in silence.

imK likes this.
  15. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overdosing is not tragedy. Tragedy is narcomania itself.

16. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a tragedy for the people who related to the OD victim, whether family, friend, lover, etc.
    It's a matter of relativity; the closer you are, the hardest it hits you when they're gone.

OD victims did pulled the trigger by themselves. That's a fact. But the related people around them doesn't really have the choice, regardless of any intervention they already did.

Try to understand the reaason why, not the deed itself. Maybe you'll be step closer to what their real tragedy is, understandable or not.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    asriu, felidormit, orematcha and 2 others like this.
  17. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    Moron opinion who doesn't know about real life at all
    Bulls## the do know that they're dying, most of them who die of OD know the limit and what comes after that limit, is just another way to suicide

WinByDying and Anra7777 like this.
  18. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh, i have never died but i wouldnt say tragic. Death is lonely. Like your born the first time, you will die alone.

After watching disturbing joker im sick now...

19. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never ever wanted to swear at people more in my life. I have never ever sworn at people in anger. Never. But I must say: FUCK YOU.

My mom deliberately OD’d on Oxycodone in order to commit suicide. It was a fucking tragedy, and if you think otherwise, you are heartless bitches and sons of bitches. So FUCK YOU.

@Arrynne I only saw this thread because I follow you. But you assholes are now all going on my ignore list. Fucking unbelievable.

kkgoh, lychee, imK and 5 others like this.
  20. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Kobe dying wasn't the tragic thing in my deepest feelings, it is Kobe and his kid dying. Lot of celebrities die in fast vehicle accidents. But the kid dying too, that is just way too sad. If it were only Kobe, I wouldn't really care. Just another celebrity death. Happens all the time. The kid dying too. that doesn't happen usually. Kids are your legacy and for your own kids to die with you, that is just too horrible.

kkgoh, asriu and Femme Fatale like this.