Discussion What novel have you gradually hated but cant stop reading till the end?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by aienmoon, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Im currently reading 妻高一筹. I liked how it was written, i like the mc who is smart and not op but im not liking how the plot is going with her relationship with the ML. Even though im frustrated with the story, it was written so good imo, i just cant drop it!

I want to know if anyone has read something like this just to share your frustrations and also maybe someone will also like the one you've read.

So the plot of what im reading is:
    She transmigrated to ancient china wherein she is the daughter of a prince and a maid(?). Her father used her as a pawn to marry a houye(i think its a marquis) to humiliate him. At the time they got married, the guy also married another wife, 3 concubines and 2 tongfangs. Before they married the guy already have twins with a laundry girl and mc was forced to take care of the kids in a separate courtyard far away from the main house. They lived in isolation without much financial help from the scum husband. After 5 yrs (at this time ml has already 6 kids with other women), the scum ML suddenly passed by their courtyard and remembered his forgotten wife and kids, got guilty, and gradually fell in love with mc..

(/startrant)

I really like the mc, she is really smart. She planned to be as lowkey as possible so not to be entangled with fight with inner yard. She doesnt like ml at first because ofcourse she knows that he is a scum but cant help having feelings for him.Im so conflicted with the mc! I can understand why she's having feeling with ml maybe because hes the only person he can depend on there but im also frustrated because as a modern person, (the guy has already wives and children!) Although shes the main wife, they never had feelings before, she's like a homewrecker now if she really pursue a relationship with ml. I cant accept it even if i understand.

(/endrant)

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I would stop reading the novel if I hate it

3. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like a common female mc you would find here on NU

4. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    See this is where im conflicted. I like mc and the general plot. I just dont like the romance. :(

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i noticed. Lol. Thats why im actively looking for raws hoping to find some gems. ive found some good ones and then this.

6. mizzu321

mizzu321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it's mushoku tensei, people praise that novel over and over that makes me curious and read it. It started great i like it, but i really don't like the middle until the end of the arc, yet persist because many people say it great and to my regret it's not really that great IMO. in the end, to me it's not that great of a series, and it's just to overrated that i kind of confuse what makes it great even though i read it until the end (the WN at least). People say LN like Danmachi and SAO is overrated but i kind of understand why people like it, and the flow of story is not that bad if you really follow it, you will get what the author want to conveyed in the stories but to me mushoku tensei i don't get that kind of feeling. but yeah people like what they like so i can't judge their taste.

aienmoon likes this.
  7. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that would be regretful. Also have read some that by the end of the story i realized that i just wasted my time reading it:blobsweat:

8. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    So you still enjoy reading it then? Then keep reading it.

Also please don't double post. There's an edit button on the bottom of each of your posts.

9. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, i dont see where i double posted?

Yeah i will keep reading it. This is the reason i posted. I wanted to know the novel people read that they somewhat hate but still keep reading till the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.