The Untamed

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by cap.toon, Jul 11, 2019.

1. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Haha, the fight scenes are terrible. I can't help but laugh every time they fight. Is this just how Chinese cinema is? I don't have a clue since this is my first watching Chinese anything aside from their donghau.

I don't think it's the actors fault. I think they are working with what they have and possible don't know how terrible their cgi and stunts actually are. As far as they are concerned, this is top notch and advanced. I keep wondering what they would be like if they were cast in an American action film. I'd love to see that.

2. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I am pretty sure they know what their product is. If they haven't seen any american action film, they must at least have watched Jackie Chan. I'm not asking them to be at his level. Just asking them to make it more believable.

After watching the fight scene with the faked goddess, I was so dishearten that I zoom through the rest of the episodes. The novel is heavy action and so would be the live-action version. Even Bloody Romance does a better job.

3. CookieGaming

CookieGaming New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CGI has it's ups and downs but clearly a down in this case

4. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started to watch this dorama and I find it really enjoyable, amazing and interesting. I like such doramas like this one. :)

rosierosie likes this.
  5. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know where I can find the full comics/manhua translation anywhere? Does it show they "do it???"

6. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    They do not show them doing it. The manhua is tagged as Shounen ai.

It's not fully translated yet. They are still at the yi city arc. You can find it on mangago here

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/mo_dao_zu_shi_novel/

rosierosie likes this.
  7. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Exiled Rebels Scanlations deleted the translation of the manhua, so you'll never find the whole story nowhere. Sorry.

8. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It will never be full, since the translatiors on Exiled Rebels Scanlation deleted their work. Even Mangago has been using their work. They only have now the novel fully on their site.

9. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    No way. I didn't have any idea. Thank you.

10. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not at all! It's sad news, but a lot of people bullied the translatiors of the site, so they decided that way. T_T
    At least they didn't delete the novel.

11. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    True true.

I have found that exiled rebels seem to be particularly sensitive to the complainers. More so than others I've come across.

When I was new to all of this, I didn't understand how the translating process worked so I asked them.

Their response to me was pretty cranky for just asking questions. I think they interpreted my question as complaining. I made sure to not ask them anything again.

12. rosierosie

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, sucks such a bummer. I wish the author could have a manhua English translation version. Us international fans would love to have it^^. Do you know why it's not translated to English? Ahh I see, only some BL have the do "it" part---but some only imply^^.

13. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm watching this awesome dorama again, and I already almost finished it for the second time. I already know there'll be a 3rd, 4th, and so on times I'll rewatch it. I just can't get enough of Wei Ying and Lan Zhan. *.*

14. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Curious to know what you asked them? If you don't want to answer, it's okay. I'm just asking out of idle curiosity.

15. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

It was when MDZS was being translated. MDZS came out once a week and others were released two or more times a week. I asked why that was.

I worded it as politely as I could because I had seen on other forums I had newly joined that people got really mad when bothering translators or being too impatient so I wanted to make sure they knew I wasn't doing that.

I made sure to let them know I was new and didn't understand how translating worked and wanted to have it explained so I could understand the process.

16. 12

12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh... It was nice of you to try to be polite. Not many people bother to when they're online and anonymous.

17. Iloverabbits

Iloverabbits Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an official MDZS manhua translation https://m.wecomics.com/comic/index/id/236#click=https://t.co/L8ODtNikle

rosierosie likes this.
  18. rosierosie

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Deleted member 213850

Deleted member 213850 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly compared to what Chinese webnovel writers encounter daily (constant shameless demands for updates), translators are still wayyy more lucky with the international readers :blobsweat_2: