Spoiler Life after marrying my love rival

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chiaroscuro, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    Life After Marrying My Love Rival

和情敌结婚的日子

Author:

Qing Duan
    青端
    Summary:

Ye Nanqi and Shen Du upgraded from being enemies to love rivals, fighting against each other for the affections of a pure-hearted girl. Except, on the day of the pure-hearted girl’s wedding, they ended up rolling together on the bed, and unexpectedly got married to each other.

After the marriage, the two thought of countless ways to make the other party be the one who asks for divorce, but when Ye Nanqi took on the role of the “bad husband” by bringing up divorce first, his love rival changed his mind.

Shen Du: “Not divorcing.”

Ye Nanqi: “…”

Shen Du: “Not even in death will we part.”

The pure-hearted girl, “???”

The love rivals turning into lovers scene–although it does not have sweet and sticky typical entertaining scenes, lacks gold finger cheats, and the back story is slightly dark and exaggerated–in fact, this story is a tasty big cookie = w =

NU link:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/life-after-marrying-my-love-rival/

I'm not gonna go into details and just pointed the key stuffs.

Ye and SD have like a longlife rivalry, that gets exaggerated over the years, they separated and when they met, they pursued the same person (white moonlight) who finally got married to another person. At his wedding party, Ye and SD got drunk and slept together. SD's mom busted them and asked SD to be responsible to Ye so they got married.

Ye's backstory:
    MC had a good family, but his dad died saving his lil sis from truck kun (may he be reincarnated in isekai) and his lil sis become paralyzed and blind (but still alive). So his sis entered the entertainment circle to make do. Later on his big sis suicide by jumping from the building after being blackened (rumors about gambling and sugar daddies) His house got ransacked because of her supposedly gambling debt. His mom becomes a little bit crazy. He found out later from sis diary about what vaguely happened. So he's hell bent of avenging his sis and had nightmares of his sis.
    He was gonna enter the organization by selling his body but his marriage to ML cancelled that. He spreads rumors that he have many sugar daddies because he want them to be interested. But i think he's a virgin lol.
    MC has particular palate for foods.

ML's backstory:
    Second generation rich, is a CEO, good at fighting, have broad network, have deep family history and good at cooking. He used to wear dresses because his mom wanted a cute daughter but unfortunately she couldn't get pregnant after ML's difficult birth. ML's dad, because of ml's mom difficult birth, fully indulged her wife. Later on ML become an uncute huge man lol. He's extremely afraid of ghosts.

MC and ML's Relationship:

"Are you a three years old?"
    "Then you must be five"

NOT raep, most likely dubcon because ml and mc was in their "love" marriage party and both got drunk. Later ML discovered traces of drugs and told MC. ML thought he's being drugged by Xue family but MC knew ML got dragged because their target is MC. MC also got drugged. I think they both insulted each other and it got heated so they done the deed while drugged. Not sure because MTL but i i think that's the gist of it.

They turn from rivalry to bickering to loving.
    They were in a same military compound. Mc and ml's grandpa was comrade in arms. After mc grampa died they moved out. I think mc's family helped ml family at one point.
    Mc actually met ML and proposed to him when they younger (it was love at fist sight lmao). BUT at that time ML was wearing a dress and mc thought he's a girl lmao. That's why he disliked ml because he feels cheated by him.
    Later ML feels responsible of MC after Mc's mom told ML to take care of him. He began small like cooking for MC. Later on he quietly helped MC from behind and didn't ask about mc's reasonings.
    ML later realized that he truly fell in love for mc. His past crush was actually because his crush looks like an ideal image of mc to him. Because he always thought that mc is a smiling hypocrite.
    MC still think ML love his crush and when he saw them meeting each other at a cafe and
    laughed happily, all ml's effort vanished lol.
    Mc wanted to divorce and moved back to his old house. Ml didn't give up, bought a house nearby and cooked relentlessly for MC until they got caught by paparazzi. Later ML made weibo and stated that he pursued MC.
    MC realized he truly love ML when he went to remote area and thought ML got caught in a landslide. From then on they're very lovey dovey. They will have public marriage and announcement about their relationship.

Mc's sis death:
    She was sold by her manager to xue, then got drugged, gangraped and went to slavery. So she broke up with his BF, his BF tried to uncover (?) and got murdered. She recorded their gathering and gave it to Ye (the makeup artist). Ye later gave it to MC.
    MC's sis was called Aphrodite because she's their goddess and Aphrodite is beautiful but also have sex with many people.
    Bai tried to save Mc's sis because he fell in love with her. He's also one of the people that used Mc's sis. But MC sis called Bai a day before they eloped and let him watch her jump from the building, which haunted bai. (Pro gamer move)

The villains:
    mc's sis manager:
    He wanted more money so he drugged Ye mei and gave her to xue. Later he got ye mei's recordings and pics and with that evidence managed to save his own life. Later he got killed by lackeys (or was jailed ? I forgot)

Xue
    Head of organisation, before his family weakened and it landed to bai family.
    He loved bai in a twisted way because he's straight and he hate gays. He liked bai but bai loved Ye Mei.
    Bai
    He raped ye mei but later fall for ye mei. He was sold by his father to xue and got raped by xue. Later he became head of organisation and wanted to destroy it because it killed ye mei. He gave flowers to MC because he didn't manage to send 21 flowers Ye mei. He was submerged in nightmares because he saw Ye mei jumped to death in front of him.

End of the villains:
    Bai pulled a BOSS move. He shot xue and dragged him out of the warehouse. Then entered the flaming warehouse to his death and made xue watch him died, (imitating mc's sis) xue becomes crazy.

The organization:
    It's a kink organization. If it's consensual it's fine but most of it are not. A bunch of gold masters with bdsm/slavery kink. They drugged the slaves and later killed the slaves quietly. All slaves used to be a small but bright with prospect celeb. Later MC uprooted them with evidences

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is dark beyond dark.
    And felt real, coz for once there's a story abt the dark side of entertainment industry in every countries.

@Chiaroscuro At the time the story starts, is the lil sister alr deead?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  3. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah already dead, but her circumstances were mentioned esp later on. BUT the fluffs!! ML can spout the cringiest one liner i swear but it's sweet and cute

I mean big sis, ye mei is big sis that died, MC have another lil sis but she's in hospital, paralyzed and blind.
    MC will send his mom and sis abroad later, citing Lil sis' health as reason, but MC's mom vaguely felt MC would start something so she asked ML to take care of MC. After villain's death ML helped lil sis recovery. It's said the legs are hopeless but they might do something about her eyes

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Chiaroscuro Thanx!
    If you dont mind, could you maybe give us characters names (and who they are) that often shows up/important to the story?
    I'm starting to MTL and confused.....
    I thought their whitemoonlight is called Jiang smth, but then there's someone with the same name, and apparently MC friend that tries to enter entertainment industry or what, and MC is worried that person will get sold too. I dotn even know if this Jiang Yanyu is male or female, I think it's a male since he and MC are friends.

5. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiang yanyu is the friend that got married, is also the white moonlight of ML and mc's crush. Is also a new star going red. Mc is pretty worried about him because manager fang was mc's dead sis manager.
    But it was explained later that MC's feeling is more of brotherly protection than like since he feels that jiang yanyu is the true sun. Compared to ML who feels quite crushed and pursued him seriously but got rejected.
    He is also a new star that's going red, they kidnapped him because they wanted to make him a slave. But MC put detective on him so they can track him

Names:
    Mc is Ye nanqi
    Ml is shen du
    Mc's dead sis is Ye mei/ye qingqing (her artist name)
    Mc's lil sis

Fang manager (villain) male
    xue xiangsomething (mole/grey xue family) male
    xue jiangsomething (villain) male
    Bai (villain) male
    Dr chen (mc's sis psychiatrist) female
    Jiang yanyu's husband (something chen) male
    Qian second master/qianqian (villain) male
    Yi (dead sis makeup artist) (not sure what gender lol)

I forgot all the names lmao but that's it

6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Chiaroscuro Wait, that Jiang Yanyu is a male???
    SOo both mc and ml are gays from the begininng??
    I thought he was a female lol why I thought the whole 'rolling the bed with your love rival is funny since both are man 'maybe they're comforting each other from the heartache but instead turning into gays for each other lol'

lazuuli and Chiaroscuro like this.
  7. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep lol
    But the author writes like we should know the characters already so jiang yanyu's story might be a prequel to this story, not sure.

LOLOL ML GOT BURNED BY JIANG YANYU like he totally went hard after him but got beaten by the hubby who got back from overseas (an emerging CEO i think, Because he's busy and thus somewhat negligent with JYY's safety)

MC was more laissez faire with JYY like, because he already got married, he let it go. But ML was still pouty pouty.

I just love mc and ml's relationship. So fluffy and protecting Q.Q

8. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    i want snu snu spoiler pls!!!!

9. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

10. Chiaroscuro

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc no explicit snu snu, or it got censored. If you're that thirsty you still can find some CN based fic on ao3 lmao

11. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    Snu snu also refer to fluffy.:blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

12. Unnisara21

Unnisara21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone
    Reason for MC and ML always
    Reason why MC and ML are always fight is because “Mother Shen was overjoyed: “Because you took a lollipop and stuffed in Shen Du’s mouth, and said, ‘Little sister, you’re so cute, be my bride.'”
    I found it quite interesting and I am now rooting for them all the way. They should have already been good to each other.
    ML already shown signs of being attracted to MC t fighting his attraction. He tends to be attentive to MC and the MC appreciates but then he brushes it aside. Lol

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  13. Unnisara21

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!!!! MC’s heart was finally moved Shen Du when he saved him from a trap. A trap that can certainly make him even more famous but NQ has to much respect for himself.
    Ye NanQi loves playing tricks on Shen Du when he found out what he feared. He married his rival and his rival is very good to him. YNQ hasn’t realized his mom knows he is up to something and told hubby to protect him.

14. Unnisara21

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not a great writer but here comes some spoilers.
    Ye NanQi is trying to get just for his sister who committed suicide. It is sad and not safe at all. He isn’t safe and is incapable of protecting himself even though he is smart. YNQ received info from Xue XiangYu about JYY ‘s kidnapping attempts and went rushing to the rescue. From the beginning of this novel tbh, I can’t even imagine that YNQ has a crush on JYY and the same goes for Shen Du. On his attempt to reduce he gets beat up and Shen Du to the rescue and knock down all the THUGS. Both SD and JYY are so dense to not realize they are falling for each other. YNQ blacks out and remeber the first time seeing Shen Du. He was dressed in a pink dress so he asked Shen Du to be his wife. Poor SD beat him up. Then he has another dream where Shen Su smiles at him ans called him wife. He got scared and woke up. He realizes he is in a hospital and saw Shen Su was right next to him.

Xue XiangYu- - I wonder what is this guy doing by helping YNQ out with his investigation. He does say he wants to sleep with YNQ because he is cute but YNQ never agreed to any arrangements for his help.
    Song Zhi and Jiang YanYu are two characters I don’t like. JYY is so weak and I don’t feel any kind of empathy for this character at all. SZ needs to pay more attention to his wife. TBH , I still don’t know the sex to d Jiang Yan Yu because of sometimes it is he or she.