Spoiler Living as the Tyrant’s Older Sister

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ruruki, Jan 13, 2020.

1. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Upon reading ch.18/19
    Is the emperor a tsundere??? Or is he just pretending?

2. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally think he may be a Tsundere! I think it fits with the dynamics the siblings have, caring a lot about each other but also ready to being a bully to each other~

3. lirrel123

lirrel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely a tsundere... How cute... :X3::X3::X3:

4. kieranfortier

kieranfortier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he is tsundere. He loves his sister, but will never admit.

So far I think Edith likes ML and is probably planning to take the crown and marry him. She probably is the culprit behind the Emperor’s fall (original line) as he is not showing to be as bad as the original line painted him as. Edith is manipulative and is clearly trying to ruin MC’s reputation (not to mention not paying her maid and what else).

ML is pissed because he saw what Edith is planning to do to MC, so he throw away the earring. Bye bye original couple.

5. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang. Just read the chapters released today.
    That whole interaction between the little s*it emperor and Lancelot was pretty adorbs.
    Still not forgiving him for the whole "kneel before me" incident though

I will say this though: blessed be this scanlation group, they are fast, release often and translate hilariously. kinda makes up for the complete and utter lack of spoilers

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  6. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like he really made her kneel though. She won't let him even in his dreams. :blobjoy: I see it more as the "submit before me" "no u" squabbles between siblings. Typical for kids his age to want to have the upperhand from their "older" siblings who always boss them around. Besides, I think the real reason he accepted being king was to make sure he and his sister could live a good life (considering he's a tsundere). Otherwise, there's really no reason for him to forcefully bring her along when he could simply summon her as king and make her kneel for all subjects to see.

On a more serious note, I think I have more of a problem with how she's trying to leave him alone when she knows he's going to die if left with the plot. It's probably the older sibling in me talking. It's one thing if she just transmigated and thinks this whole world is "just" a novel, so she doesn't see characters as people. But it's implied she's been living with him for months or years, and she care enough that she doesn't want to hear others badmouthing him. She also got told by the mom to take care of him. If she just wants to avoid all the drama and headaches, that's fine. But she wants to leave alone when she knows they are both gonna die. I know she doesn't believe in reforming villains, but he's currently more of an annoyance than someone truly deserving of death. Besides, she's the one who ordered the execution anyway. At least take responsibility and try to give him some leeway to survive too. If she can "leave" the plot, then so can he. Story be damned, she ruined it enough with Ares anyway.

PS:
    Agree with the scanlations and the complete lack of spoilers. At this rate, this has become a current chapter discussion thread. :blobsweat_2:

7. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is going to get locked at this rate if a mod decides to read this thread lol

8. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see the MC ultimately getting really pissed at the people shitting on her brother because SHE is the only one who can badmouth him lol he may be a little shit, but he is HER little shit hahaha
    Cause I don't think she doesn't care about him, cause she did make sure he grows up and is fed and everything, and she could have run away but never did

9. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I think so too, which is ironically why I have a tiny discomfort with her current actions. I'm pretty sure when it comes down to it, like if she saw her little shit in real danger of dying, then she'll help (probably cursing him while at it for the trouble). However, currently, her reason for wanting to leave is because they are both gonna die and she considers him as hopeless case (when he wasn't supposed to die in the first place until she interfered). It's understandable if she never cared about him in the first place, but she does.

So currently, I'm just chalking it up to the MC not really thinking far ahead. Also, having lack of sensibility from her action and awareness of her current situation and people around her. . . she wouldn't have conduct the sleep and then marriage plan if not for these traits anyway.

10. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    But in the novel, the original story, he was going to die. He's the reason why she has to die too. So to her knowledge, seeing how he has been really really shitty to her all her life, walking around like he is God's gift to humankind, she has to assume that he's the same type of person and is gonna do the same things like in the novel and get executed again, no? Which is also, why I kind of understand her not trying to reform him or anything, because as far as she can tell, he does not like her at all, seeing as how to her he is all tsun and no dere unless people are watching, so she kinda has to assume he wouldn't listen to her even if she were to try and change him for the better. So I do get why she's opting to sort of stay out of it. Yeah, it's kinda selfish, but she's also pretty petty as an MC and he has been treating her like his personal servant for all his life, whether he had good intentions or not.

11. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, in the original novel, he's the ML and he's supposed to be reformed [by another heroine] until she interfered and made her sister change it into him dying because of her belief that bad MLs cannot really change. She only regretted her action because she was roped into dying too. But considering she's the one who cemented their fate, she should take some responsibility if she wants to change hers.

I don't mind MC being petty and selfish. That's part of the fun. They are both being shitty to each other. As I said before, the only thing I'm slightly bothered about is how she's letting him die when she's an older sister (even in her previous life). But it's not much of a worry since she's more likely driven by thoughtless motivations and action (which leads to fun shenanigans) as cases with most mcs and lil bro will live anyway.
    I guess the MC's decision to just up and leave him alone would have been more justifiable and sensible if the author had written it as her being part of lil bro's tragic back story where her dying would have drive him for the worse and made him distrust everyone as they couldn't find the culprit (nobles pointing at commoners, gossip saying it's due to politics), which in turn made him into a cold uncontrollable tyrant which in turn would lead him to being a villain and killed by ML. Then MC leaving to avoid her death, seeing her bro as shitty for not letting her leave to have a life, thinking her escape from the plot is the best outcome for everyone, would have smoother effect? She was smart, wise and genre savvy enough to give advices. But ever since she transmigated, it's like she dumbed down as others have mentioned before. If she has her previous IQ and genre savviness, she would have realized she changed the plot already the moment she slept with ML and she has the power to influence what will happen next. EDIT:
    She also knows she still have enough influence on her bro considering she's not afraid to oppose him or threaten him which she did on multiple occasions. It's more in trait with her previous life to have different plans on her sleeve, then have eloping with Lancelot as back up plan in case all else failed.

12. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh riiiight, I forgot that she was the one who had her sister change the plot before reincarnating. The irony

13. worldtraveller

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. MC is just receiving her karma :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

14. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked the original page form cacao and even in chapter 43 the artist is still the same. I guess the image you find is either a fan art or from the novel.

15. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also a oneshot of the beginning of the story done in a different artstyle (maybe kakao was testing which artist is better suited to serialise the novel?), but I've only found that one translated into spanish. Still, if anyone is interested: https://followmanga.com/noticia/5d654879d9f38/paginated/10

lazynoodles and Ruruki like this.
  16. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, Edith can kiss her good reputation (to Ares) goodbye since Ares know she's two faced b*tch now.

17. Kattz

Kattz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So on one hand, I like that Ares saved her from being the laughing stock of that ball by throwing out the earring that Edith gave her. On the other, I'm mad af Like why couldn't he just tell her instead of giving that lame excuse about his shaky hands. No one believes you idiot! AHHHHHHH!!!

Anywho, I want Alicia to meet up with Lancelot for more love triangle (or I guess live square goodness). Edith likes Ares who likes Alicia who likes Lancelot. I actually hope that Lancelot doesn't fall for Edith tho, it's funny now but completing the love square might be a bit too much drama. I also want Lancelot to meet her or at least send her the jewelry gift that Kai muttered about because our girl needs some selfish happiness instead of hijinks for once. She has too much stress lol.

18. Kattz

Kattz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolute tsundere. I made a post about it on another site that I could bring here for my reasoning if you would like. But I don't think Kai is really a genuine bad guy. A bratty brother for sure but so far he's been shown to take his job seriously yet there are still rumors going around about him being a tyrant brat of a king. I think Edith (my main suspect) or the Grand Duke (tho we haven't seen much of his uncle so I'm reluctant to point a finger at him) is the real bad guy here, not Kai.

19. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To the translator-samas,
    How many chapters are there in total?

lazynoodles, Ruruki and Suton like this.
  20. Suton

Suton Two can keep a secret ᴵᶠ ᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ.

Reading List:
    Link
    ARESWILLIGNORETHEPRINCESSATTHEBANQUET