Easy Idiot-proof delicious recipes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Little Potato, Jan 31, 2020.

1. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Potato, carrot, onion and bacon. Cut into decently sized pices then trow into a pan and let it cook until it's done.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Step 1 = take buckwheet
    Step 2 = add marinara sauce
    Step 3 = warm it up and you are done

- from someone who hated buckwheet but now cant stop eating it

Little Potato likes this.
  3. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Get big microwave dish and a few potatoes with sunflower oil.
    2. Peel potatoes skin and then cut them to layers.
    3. Soak potato layers in oil and then put them into dish, then microwave them until potatoes go soft.
    4. Get bread, microwaved sousage, sour cream or mayonnaise, tomatos, some greens(all by taste). And its ready.

4. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A can of condensed milk + 1 large lemon + 100 g. of cream (this is optional)
    Mix well
    Congratulations! You just made a desset cream that unless someone know the recipe, no one will think it's just condensed milk with lemon

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  5. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wanna make a pudding get a glass of milk, add sugar and a pinch of salt, beat an egg and mix it with the milk in a large enough cup (butter the sides and bottom of the cup beforehand) and make sure to not create any foam or bubbles (just pop them if they form).

You can take a spoon full of sugar and caramelize it on a pan till it's brown and then pour it into the cup, wait a bit for it to cool and harden, and then add the egg mixture to give it a hard and caramelized top (it also helps in keeping the pudding's shape when taking it out of the cup so I recommend you do it).

And now you steam it. You can just get a large enough pot with a lid that can hold the entire cup, pour a little bit of water in it, then place something at the bottom (like a folded cloth or trivet) and place the cup on that. Remember to seal the cup with something too, like by putting a small bowl on top or something. After that put a lid on the whole pot or whatever you're using then put it on low heat for 20 minutes.

Come back and check if it's hardened after that, should feel like a soft jelly. Take it out, cool it, then scrape the sides of the cup with a knife or the handle of a spoon that has a flat handle, then place a plate on it upside down and then flip the whole thing!!
    The pudding will fall out with delicious juices to accompany it.

6. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds delicious! :aww:

7. sidiusn

sidiusn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    homemade chilli that freezes really well
    800g minced meat
    4 onions
    4 red peppers ( can also be green or yellow or a mix of them all)
    4-12 cloves or garlic
    2 cans of chopped,crushed,cut,minced tomatos (whichever you got)
    2-4 cans of chilli beans ( or beans of your preference)
    chillipowder (after taste)
    cayanepepper (after taste)
    salt 1-3 teaspoons

brown meat in a pan
    chop all the the stuff up
    throw it all in a big pot
    put it on simmer for 4-6 hours with lid on the first 2-3 hours and stir once every 20-30 mins
    might seem dry at start but once it starts to heat up the vedge will release alot of moisture. so no need to add water
    pairs really well with rice and one batch lasts you for so long.

the recipie is so forgiving you cant mess it up

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    But how do we get the noodles to shape themselves like a cup? :hmm:

I think that makes it complicated for most people.

We do something similar except instead of rice or bread we use chunks of potatoes. So scrambled eggs, pieces of hotdogs and chunks of potatoes.

Sometimes instead of hotdog bits we also use bologna sausage when its close to its expiration date.

9. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a website that'll really help with getting into cooking, the person tells you how to cook via comic and is pretty humerus as well. So it can honestly help someone get over the mental hurdle. http://www.cookingcomically.com/

10. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  12. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did this during my college years.

Be warned though, I know 2 people that lost their kids before graduating college because the kids eat instant noodle everyday. Both had intestine cancer.

Talked to my friend working in the industry, he said the preservatives from the noodles will linger in your body for around 4 days.

13. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/3-minute-fudge/

I've made it several times with semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips, it's stupidly easy and tastes good. I failed trying it with butterscotch chips because they burnt. I mean to retry sometime with the microwave at a lower setting someday but I've bought butterscotch chips twice since the fail but keep eating them as snacks instead.

14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have fridge so usually I cook in large bulk to have 3 meals a day.
    Bought spinach and several cheap vegetables, boil the water, add a bit of salt and sugar and make soup (usually eaten it for breakfast and lunch), for dinner I cook fried egg. Another day, I boil shrimps, add alot of water and flour and a bit diced vegetables, It sorta become gravy soup. For weekend I cook fried chicken or chicken soup.

15. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i mean the title is idiot proof not no effort or quick so the obvious answer is STEWS. you pretty much cant fail on em, super easy, freezes and reheats well, just switch out the accompaning sides to make it more fun to eat more than 1 day in a row.

here's what you're gonna need for my bastardisation of coq au vin that i do from time to time, not always the same ingredients but.

Red wine, around 4 dl i just wing it.
    around half a kilo of dark meat chicken(i usually go with deboned thighs
    salt
    pepper
    1 packet of bacon(around 150 g or so?)
    2-3 shallots depending on size
    2-4 cloves of garlic depending on size
    some mushrooms, around 200g maybe?
    around 2-3 carrots
    chickenstock
    worcestershire sauce
    butter
    bay leaves
    thyme (a decent pinch or 1 teaspoon if you aint a baller)
    arrowroot depending on how T H I C C you want it you will need more or less but around a pinch or teaspoon should be enough

cut that chicken into fairly large pieces, then throw some salt and pepper on em.
    also cut the bacon into small pieces and roughly chop the onion, i usually just cut em into fourths, if the shrooms are big then split em, if they are still fairly big quarter em. depending on how crunchy you like your carrots go bigger or smaller(bigger for crunch smaller for melting in your mouth). obviously i do all of this on the same cuttingboard and knife because its all gonna get cooked anyway so why bother about bacteria as its gonna die in the heat.

cook the chicken in butter for a bit so it gets some color, then take it out an put on a plate or whatever. cook up the onion,bacon and carrot together for a bit then add the wine,stock,a decent splash or 3 of worchestershire,thyme and bayleaves and let it simmer for a bit, maybe 20 minutes or so depending on the sizes you went with it could be less or way more just test it if you think its done, if it aint just keep cooking it. its thigh not breast so it wont get ruined by some extra cooktime. meanwhile fry up the shrooms in another pan with a generous amount of butter and the garlic. add the shrooms to the stew at the end and mix it in. finally when you feel that this shit is done then you just add the arrowroot(could also use cornstarch) mixed with a lil bit of water into the stew and it will thicken up almost instantly.

There, many steps but you pretty much cant fail! if you're feeling lazy you can just add the shrooms and garlic while frying the other veggies.

now serve that shit with whatever side you have at home, i personally like it best with potato or rice but it should also work with pasta

16. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    this is fake news. ramen has no preservatives what so ever, it does have stabilisers though.what would you even need preservatives for in ramen its dry pasta it lasts for years.

17. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    they look like mysterious creatures from the deep sea :notlikeblob:

18. CarmineCalico

CarmineCalico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm not sure if you have access to anything other than a microwave...

If you do, I personally really started making my own recipes (not just follow a recipe word-for-word, down to the letter bc you are mildly OCD about things you don't feel confident in) starting with soup. Soup is hard to mess up completely (unless you oversalt!). You may not end up with a work of art, but it'll likely be edible, and additionally yummy due to a sense of accomplishment.
    The basis for your most basic of soups is: onions, carrots (optional), celery (optional), some protein (beans, stew beef, chicken), broth (of your choice. choose veggie broth if you are uncertain), salt to taste. Then add veggies as you like: mushrooms, peppers, leeks, etc.
    proportions:
    Protein (optional): 1/2 lb dried beans or 1 16oz-ish can of beans or about 1lb of your animal protein of choice.
    Veggies: pick at least two or three of the following: 2-3 onions, up to a pound of carrots/celery, 2-3 bell peppers, 2 leeks, etc
    Broth: 3+ cups.
    Directions:
    > If using dried beans, soak them overnight. Buy canned beans if you want to skip this. Either way, rinse and drain your beans before use.
    > cut up your veggies. Think bite-sized. They don't need to be super evenly cut. :)
    > cut meat into pieces. Meat shrinks as it cooks, so these can be a bit bigger than bite-sized.
    > brown your meat, if using: bring your pan to medium-high heat with a bit of oil of your choice. 2-3mins on each side or stir until all sides have browned.
    > remove meat from pan. Add a bit more oil, then your veggies on medium heat. Sautee several minutes until onions start turning translucent.
    > put your protein and veggies in a pot, with 3 or more cups of broth. Decide amount based on how you like your soup. Remember that veggies will release some liquid as they cook, and that you can always add more broth later. Add any spices you wish-- I recommend a tablespoon of dried thyme.
    >cover and bring to a boil. Then turn down heat to low to simmer for at least 1 hour, possibly 2. Taste test your beans or meat and carrots to make sure they are tender. Better to slightly over-cook than under-cook. Add salt and/or pepper when done, to taste.

Little Potato and lohwengk like this.
  19. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    I love enoki beef rolls they’re so good...

Recipes I used to make when I was in college and lazy af:

1 cup soy sauce
    3-4 table spoons of orange marmalade
    Chicken, either breast or tenderloin

directions: Pat chicken dry with paper towel, cut into smaller pieces if using breast. Pour olive oil into pan, allow for chicken to cook throughly and flip when needed (about 5 min in total). Spoon orange marmalade over chicken and allow it to melt and coat chicken, once coated add in soy sauce and mix together. Check if chicken is fully cooked and coated, enjoy by itself or alone.

1 large tortilla
    Ham
    1 egg
    Cheese
    Aluminum foil

directions: put tortilla on foil. on your tortilla, use the ham and cheese to form a square shaped well, make sure to put a slice of ham at the bottom so tortilla won’t soak up the egg. Crack egg into well, and fold tortilla into square and Use aluminum foil to hold it shut. DO NOT FLIP OVER. Place on tray and into oven at 350 degrees for about 25 min.

there was also a honey balsamic chicken breast with caramelized onion recipe but I can’t remember it :notlikeblob:

Little Potato and lohwengk like this.
  20. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about japanese ramen though, I was talking about my country's (indonesia) instant noodle that was coated to preserve the quality.

How is this fake news? My family know the guy working there and he told us about it.