Question Who is the best antagonist in the Novel you read and why?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by krish1148, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddox9

maddox9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its fang yuan from warlock of a magus world he is the mc and the antagonist but unlike other he's intelligent smart manipulative acts his age when he became over 100+ and not like some hormone controlled teenager whenever a woman is involved. He always has a backup plan and never ever ever tells his secret or gives away highly valuable objects just because the person has a pretty face neither does he claim to be a righteous person . he knows he's selfish and evil, he embraces and accepts it he acts when it benefits him not because of some twisted sense of justice

2. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal Taiping from The Path Toward Heaven.

Honestly, he has a different worldview that is totally based on the law of the jungle, plays with the strongest people in the world and is extremely intelligent and strong, his plans are ridiculously well articulated and if it wasn't for the protagonist being as cool as he. Immortal Taiping would have already completed everything he wanted.

3. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    For me It is Black tower and Its NPC characters that are one of the antagonist that I have thought are quite good antagonist
    Its from the story The Earth is online.

rere_86 likes this.
  4. Ze Wu Jun

Ze Wu Jun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin GuangYao, in "Grand Master of Demonic Cultivation"
    His personality is complicated, and he is not a cliché villain "who wants to take the world and dominate everyone". He had issues, and he was kind. He endured a lot of miseries, and when he died, I almost cried. But he deserved it.
    He could've be the hero, if the author decided that.

seabuckthorn and rere_86 like this.
  5. Dxntalian

Dxntalian Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main antagonist from dungeon defense - Elizabeth von Habsburg - is probably the best antagonist that I can name from the top of my mind, though the readers aren't given too in-depth look towards her history, her current personality and relations with the crown prince - her brother - do a perfect job at depicting her miserable backstory, furthurmore, her foresight, rationale and prudence have no flaws with her sometimes even outwitting the mc with his knowledge and his intelligence (some may say otherwise but let's drop that and consider him as he was intended to be portrayed), and additionally the way the author didn't limit their confrontations to just between each other but also their allies, and their attempts at using other subtle methods to weaken each other is the icing on the cake.

6. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, the chapters have been monthly for a while now.
    The novel is being turned into a manga, that's life.

7. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tspe Tspe or how ever you spell it from Rokka no Yuusha. His plans within plans borderlines asspulls but they are neatly fitted in so that it feels natural for the story. He gains something even when his plan fails and even in death he still leaves a nasty victorious bomb. I sort of explained it in the Rokka no Yuusha thread.

His motivation, a inferiority complex that compels him to prove not only can he defeat love but turn it into a plaything, is so very unique but then again he isn't human so something like that fits him and his twisted nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.