Proof that they’re lying to us at school.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by userunfriendly, Jan 31, 2020.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep..I should have read closer. I might be remembering “the Crown” on Netflix.:p

2. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    userunfriendly likes this.
  3. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    the schools dont belong to the deomcrats.

thats the board of education that controls them. a corrupt federal institition run by politiciams and rich folk who most likely havent set foot in a public school since they were graduated

Anra7777, bf, mir and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure its controlled by congress, the overpaid old white folk who control the government and get paid when they are retired and doing nothubg exorbitantly. they also puppet the president and partisan parties afaik in the usa

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I can bet you that we have even Eskimos and people from Greenland on here.
    There are quite a few Africans.
    Even Martians like @Kadmos1

Lurking and userunfriendly like this.
  6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    True, dat.:ROFLMAO:

Wujigege likes this.
  7. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    SO I CAN USE FORCE POWERS?!

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO:

9. AzureLaurel

AzureLaurel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, it's funny you mention this considering that I'm learning about Leopold II right now...but in my English class because we're reading Heart of Darkness :cry:
    The Whiskey Rebellion is definitely mentioned in our social studies classes though...

10. Aedenvuur

Aedenvuur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also did you hear about what they're teaching in the south of the USA? Rhett McLaughlin has a great article about how badly they lie to them down there even when they're doing stuff loke AP history. Apparently when he moved to Hollywood he had to unlearn a whole load of stuff especially if it was about the civil war.

11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The South wants to teach Creationism in science class.:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

imK, bf and mir like this.
  12. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes you think I am a Martian?

userunfriendly and Wujigege like this.
  13. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    There not lying, there just omitting a little bit of details out of ignorance or in favor a of a narrative.

imK and userunfriendly like this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19637.png
    selective teaching and or not teaching one or multiple material on history is not lying~
    it depend on curriculum which influenced by various factor~
    history below university level usually just touching on surface~ what important or not you may ask education department depend on education system on country each school may teach thing different

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Your antennas.:p

16. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2 whole pages before someone deemed it necessary to point this out.

FFS, anybody who knows how US education system works, knows about how Texas has an outsized influence on the subject. Which is notoriously Dem. Other than those using the Californian textbooks, my teacher friends always have to struggle with what Texans deem to be correct now. Always not fun when students point to the textbook, that they obviously didn't read, to assert that the confederacy was about states' rights. After the 60th time of asking them "states' rights to do what exactly?", the tiresomeness of it all starts to chip away at your immortal soul. And then having to repeat the same thing with the best snowflake trophies of it all, confederate statues erected after they lost.

So, no, it is not just creationism they wanted to force down student's throats. And isn't that nothing to do with public v.s. private schools? Surely the more exclusionary the private schools are, the whiter, and thus more intent on teaching these garbage, they would be? If only just so that their students, who are so privileged as to have receive their wonderful instruction, could go out and publicly laugh at how indoctrinated public school students are with their "Civil war was about slavery, evolution actually happened, GOP is racist and KKK-friendly" nonsense.

17. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    They have been big into preaching liberal ideals and punishing students and teachers for conservative ones. You just described the government itself with the second statement. :ROFLMAO:

18. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what? We all seem to have different ideas about who is failing the education system, but we all seem to agree that it needs improvement. Let’s all maybe take a step back and stop arguing over politics?

userunfriendly, imK and Lurking like this.
  19. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I believe schools have lowered their quality of education to output good little citizens that don't question things. I say, the most important thing a school can do is teach how to think critically (critical thinking), reading and math. There is an app for everything else these days. ^.^

I've been supplementing my children's curriculum as part of my parenting... >_> Parent/Teacher interviews usually go...We are very impressed by your child's vocabulary, grammar, thinking process.... they pick up their lessons quickly...and I'm like... ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

However, once I had to go to principle's office because the history teacher said that Maori never practiced cannibalism....and my stepson was like....but they did...and well, we had that discussion. >_> I hate it when people whitewash history, how are you going to learn from history when you lie about it because it's unsavory? *boggles* It's like people now beginning to say that the Holocaust never existed. O.O

Heh, I can RANT further about US politics now and people not being able to tell what is real or fake on the internet...but I won't. ^.^

userunfriendly, imK, bf and 2 others like this.
  20. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yea

any sex ed recieved in the south usa is very suspect. thats where they outright lie cuz of pressure from secluded religious communities

userunfriendly, bf and Anra7777 like this.