Discussion What race would you choose?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by zhainan2157, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Which race would you choose?

1. Human

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Elf

25 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Beastkin

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Orc

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Vampire

23 vote(s)
    29.1%
  6. Other

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't see a lychee poll today so here's a knock-off one. :blobwink::blobwink::blobwink:

*celebratory party horn sounds*
    Yay!, you are given the chance to transmigrate to a whole new world! Or more like, you're forced to go because of the whimsical nature of some random god.

The world you are being sent to is a world filled with many different races, there is no big interracial war going on and the different races are relatively united and cooperative (at least on the surface) and that's because the world is overrun by monsters so the races don't really have the time to be fighting each other.

Blah blah blah, more background story stuff.

You don't get any overpowered abilities, you don't get a secret pocket grandpa, you don't get an strong sword with heat seeking properties, the only thing you are going to get is the chance to choose what race you want to be.

There are a few options of what race you get to be, each with their own pros and cons.
    1. Human
    The choice of the weak. Do you want to be part of the race with the weakest individual combat power with its only advantage being numbers? Do you want to be a weak minded fool who thinks with his balls all the time? Do you want to be someone who is likely to backstab a partner when in danger to save his own life? Do you have a secret budding hate for other races that you keep hidden until it is the perfect timing for you to release your violence and betrayal? Then choose human since that's how humans are usually depicted in transmigration novels. Choosing this option with give you a 10% chance of being born into the royal family.
    Disclaimer: You have a 20% chance of being born into a slave household and forced to become a gladiator. However, you will get a 20% chance of escaping when you grow older and becoming an S ranked adventurer.

2. Elf
    The mainstream choice of weebs. Do you want to be super good looking? Do you want to be born surrounded by beautiful erofu? Do you want to have a lifespan way longer than humans? Do you want to be part of the race that is the best with magic?
    Disclaimer: Choosing elf will give you a 20% chance of living in a small and secluded elf settlement that gets raided by humans for their erofu, then be the only survivor, and then go on a tortuous journey to get revenge.

3. Beastkin
    Do you want to be born with a super strong physic? Do you like fighting with brute force? Do you like the idea of having fur covering a decent amount of your bodies? But most importantly of all, do you like cat ears? Then by all means choose beastkin.
    Disclaimer: There is a 20% chance of all beastkin being either of these 5 levels, so take your chances when choosing this option.
    [​IMG]

4. Orc
    Do you like the idea of being a humanoid macho man? Do you like the idea of being a barbaric person who swings around giant wooden clubs and brute forcing your way through fights? Do you like the idea of a 20% chance of finding an erofu princess lost in the woods? Do you like chunky orc girls?
    Disclaimer: You also have a 20% chance of becoming a victim of illegal hunting because orc meat is considered a delicacy.

5. Vampire
    Do you like the idea of being a super good looking person? Do you like the idea of being strong both physically and magically? Do you hate the sun? Do you like turning into a bat? Do you like the idea of enslaving people by injecting your blood into them? And most importantly, do you like sucking stuff?
    Disclaimer: You have a 20% chance of becoming a regular vampire bat.

Anyway, there should be a lot more race options but I'm getting kind of lazy now so just mention it in the forum if your desired race isn't mentioned.

1. Which race would you choose, is there any special reason you chose that race? Did you choose the race based off of the pros and cons or did you choose it mostly because you like that race?

2. What would you do if you got the unfortunate circumstance mentioned in the disclaimer of each race? How would you overcome that situation? Would you just accept it or would you give up?

3. What would you do after being transmigrated into the race of your choosing and did not get the unfortunate circumstance?

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I picked others, initially I planned to choose human to go align with my racism, but then I notice I can be racist in any other races too.
    Others as in demonkins? Super strong? Check. Handsome af? Check. Hypno-date drug capabilities? Check. Completely a bigot and hatred to all inferior races? Check.
    2. Nah, I will have some fun to mitigate the problems... and probably just commit sudoku because I am weak-willed.
    3. I dunno, enjoy my sex driven wet dreams I guess?

3. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Why the shitty Japanese orc and not the hardcore Warcraft orcs nor the batshit crazy Warhammer orcs? I wanna be an Orc but fuck Japanese Orcs.

felidormit, Fate81, mrcat25 and 3 others like this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I had fun as a half-elf wild magic chuunibyou sorcerer

5. zhainan2157

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't mention which type of orc though, you can still be a warhammer orc but still find an erofu princess...

6. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Warcrafts orcs yes please.
    I think they're more like ogres in the japanese monster classifications.

7. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Other : Abyssmal Vampire (from DeathMage)

Pros: Van's divine protection, sunlight and silver immunity, good food at talosheim

8. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) I picked Vampire, after seeing the pros and cons lol
    2.) Honestly, I’m fine with being a regular vampire bat lol
    3.) I’ll either become a hermit who lives in the dark all day everyday or I’ll become brave enough to maybe find companions and uh...enslave them

zhainan2157 likes this.
  9. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I must be insane, because why am I seeing this in Novel General?

felidormit likes this.
  10. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Orc because the power boost would be cool, since this is reincarnation I assume I get to keep my current mindset; i.e turning into an orc won't automatically make me a dumb brute. While I wouldn't mind being an elf cause I do like nature, but the flawless good looks ruins it for me. True beauty isn't perfect, being flawless is weird and unnatural. I could also settle for humans but they it does feel like kind of a boring choice. Beastkin is a no because I'm either stuck as a dog, or stuck looking like I'm wearing really stupid cosplay. Vampire is out because I'm not gay.

2. Well if the whole scenario "I become a victim of illegal hunting" then there isn't much I can do I'm dead and eaten. I guess I would stay near a civilized area, and keep my friends close to try and avoid that situation in the first place. OP did say all the races got along, and were peaceful with each other.

3. Learn to fight, or get a job as a laborer. Depends how ballsy I'm feeling, being an orc means I would be good at either one so it all comes down to mindset. I know I can work well in dangerous situations, but I'm also extremely cautious and will go out of my way to avoid danger. Maybe I could be a town guard, seems like a good fit.

Jiggy, zhainan2157 and Matteus like this.
  11. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    images-16.jpeg
    Hmmm, I'll go with asian.

12. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose ELF.
    The main reason behind my choice is because you didn’t have Dwarves. Or any other tinker race. That left human and elf. So I choose elf mostly because of their dexterity.

1. Which race would you choose, is there any special reason you chose that race? Did you choose the race based off of the pros and cons or did you choose it mostly because you like that race?
    See previous answer.

2. What would you do if you got the unfortunate circumstance mentioned in the disclaimer of each race? How would you overcome that situation? Would you just accept it or would you give up?
    I don’t worry about things outside my control. With that said I. As a craftsman it is ingrained in me to not only control everything around me, but also to shape the world to my liking.

3. What would you do after being transmigrated into the race of your choosing and did not get the unfortunate circumstance?
    Live my life as I see fit. I’m a craftsman at heart with knightly morals. A unsung hero resolve. A fighters passion. A hopeless romantic. In the end your average Joe.

13. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What type(species) of beastkin?

14. Chico_Xavier

Chico_Xavier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I choose to be a vampire because I like the idea of being physically and magically strong and there are more pros than cons of being a vampire to me.
    2. If I become a vampire bat I would probably just try to survive.
    3. I would learn alchemy and magic and be a summoner or a necromancer and if that doesn't work out I would make my own lair and increase my number of slave then eat, sleep, and play all day in my lair until I die.

Anown likes this.
  15. Anown

Anown Test

Reading List:
    Link
    vampire. then spread wuhan virus at that world.

ps; buy slave and bite to enslave them again. make a harem. create gun with magic alloy. make secret organization.

zhainan2157 likes this.
  16. zhainan2157

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, how could I forget about the dwarves!

17. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just assumed he meant the cool warcraft orcs by default. I mean his description said "humanoid macho man" not ugly pig monster, soo yeah. Plus the Japanese version of orcs don't have females so the line about "chunky orc girls" also suggest he isn't talking about the pig faced orc.

18. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, daily lychee posts. Didn't even realize that's a thing even though I'm lurking in every one of those posts.

I chose vampires just cause I'm playing an old game about vampires and am really liking it. lol (No big or hilarious reason for me.)

19. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SucubuSu/incubus dont have?

20. zhainan2157

Reading List:
    Link
    Was going to mention it, but couldn't think of any fun pros and cons and I got tired of typing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.