Recommendations novels with badass female main characters

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Taoiiii, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Foxnine

Foxnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely give it another chance, it well worth it later in the novel. The beginning is not the best. Also yes, it do believe it has a manhua.

Taoiiii likes this.
  2. Taoiiii

Taoiiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the new recommendations! I've read 90% of the novels listed but there are some that are not familiar to me! Thanks again!!

3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend these novels:

Theirs Not to Reason Why by Jean Johnson
    Honor Harrington series by David Weber

4. Phantomheart

Phantomheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I present to you the "I don't have time for this..." Recommendation List:
    I Don't Have Time For Past-Life Bullsh*t
    The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage
    Space and Rebirth: The Favored Genius Doctor and Businesswoman
    I Don’t Want to Be Loved
    The Cry of the Phoenix Which Reached the Ninth Heaven
    Rebirth of the Tyrant’s Pet: Regent Prince is too Fierce
    Chongfei Manual

I Don't Have Time, I Have Kids to F*cking Raise
    The Villain and the Cannon Fodder’s Mother
    Transmigration: Raising the Child of the Male Lead Boss
    The Villain’s Mother
    Transmigrated into a Parvenu’s Ex-wife in the ‘90s
    I’m Pregnant with the Villain’s Child
    The Enchantress of Medicine, with the Heaven Defying Child,and The Black Belly Father

I Don't Have Time For Scheming B*tches
    Film Empress’s Daily Face Slapping
    The Cold Regent Keeps a Fox as a Consort
    The Beloved Imperial Consort
    The Jilted Male Lead Hires a Mother for the Cute Shapeshifters
    Stunning Edge
    Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator
    Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao
    The General’s Little Peasant Wife

I Don't Have Time For Dumb*ss Exes
    The Evil Prince and his Precious Wife: The Sly Lady
    Sweet Finale to a Lifetime of Quick Transmigrations
    The Two-Faced Venerate Emperor
    Perfect Secret Love: The Bad New Wife is a Little Sweet
    Mei Gongqing

I Don't Have Time For a F*cking Bad Ending
    The Villainess, Cecilia Silvy, Doesn’t Want to Die, so She Decided To Crossdress
    Adopting and Raising the Male Lead and the Villain
    The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir

I Don't Have Time, I Have a Sh*tty System To Listen To
    The System for Mentoring Villain Bosses
    Transmigrating Into The Male Lead’s Villainess Older Sister
    I Am A Matchmaker on Taobao
    I Help the Richest Man Spend Money to Prevent Disasters
    In which the System Torments the Protagonists: My Wife is My Life
    Spending the Villain’s Money to Extend My Life

5. Taoiiii

Reading List:
    Link
    as expected Phantom, you are a life-saver UwU <3

Phantomheart likes this.
  6. Phantomheart

Phantomheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Np friendo

Taoiiii likes this.
  7. Liedral

Liedral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link fixed, but seems like you already read it ahaha.

8. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I have a few recommendations here, and I will post them in order of current length, from least chapters to most. All are English Originals, however, so the latest chapter is all there is at the moment.

OriginStory the VRMMO: Advent of Axebear. VRMMO's have been out for a while, and the MC is well known in some circles as an early game rank-topper for VRMMO's, early game only because she cares more about having fun than making a 'competitive' character. She ranks high because she has good inherent fighting skills and constantly plays similar characters. A new game came out with all types of fun features, which she starts playing and persuades at least one friend to play, called Originstory. The opening of the game has a gimmick, where you fill out a personality quiz and receive one of a list of Openings depending on the results, which determines a few of your initial skills, and upon completing you receive a list of skills to choose from depending on your actions. MC managed to get the rarest level skill from her Druid Origin Story, which allows her to transform into a bear. And her weapon of choice is an Axe, so she's going to turn into Axebear, which, given the character's personality, is something she'd quite enjoy.

Auntie Toasts the VRMMORPG. MC is a retired Engineer with a Toaster obsession. After she nearly burns down her house due to being distracted while cooking, her son sticks her into a constant-play VRMMO facility. First thing to do, design her character! Wait, this character design area seems familiar, like the Experimental VR Engineering Suite that she used to use. It IS connected to the Experimental VR Engineering Suite she used to use, it even has access to her old engineering table! First thing to do in designing her character, optimise the physical traits to be beyond the best in the game! And then do the same to the Magic! Burnt toast, she literally cannot exploit this as much as she wants due to a bug from the developers not expecting someone to spend a week, in game world time, simply optimising their character's features! Then she enters the game itself, and is yet to extend beyond the beginner area but has probably trained her inherent stats to or beyond insane levels for a "level 0" character.

Wizard with the Flower Blades. Gender bender, male to female, so if that's an auto "no" for you, just skip this. MC in Japan is a surprisingly strong, androgynous male who is a Sword Smithing Otaku, but whom most people seem to treat as a pretty girl, to the MC's... ignorance. MC's friend persuades the MC to play a VRMMO due to having cheat-level physical capabilities that would be advantageous in an upcoming VRMMO Competition the MC's Friend's Guild is participating in. Due to androgyny, MC's avatar is female instead of male, and, half-way through character calibration, something happens and the MC finds themselves underneath a tree. Confused for a moment, MC looks around and decides to have a nap under the tree. They wake up later, the tree is gone and they have no idea where they are. Introducing Sword Smith Otaku's Genderbent Adventures in Another World (don't worry, despite only 129 chapters being written so far, we already know the how of 'How did the MC end up in another world', though the 'Why did it happen' is likely lost to time).

The Vespidian. A Dark Story where, even if the MC is Badass, she's still nowhere near being the Top Dog. Though she's also dual-gendered, and is only originally female. Also, did I mention it's Dark, because it gets really f***ing dark. Anyway, MC lives in a Superhero World, where all that Superhero Stuff happens CONSTANTLY. MC, having become upset at Uni Economic Lecturers being idiots, lived her life as a basement dweller for a year or five, and decides to reenter society slowly, starting with a run around her neighbourhood in the first time she's been out of the house in that five years. While undergoing her run, she sees a plane crash, and decides to investigate. She sees a broken canister with glowing goo, and decides "Nope, backing off, glowing goo is BAD IDEA". Then an explosion happens behind her, and she instinctively jumps forward... straight onto the glowing goo. She falls unconscious immediately, has an incredibly bad time, and wakes up under the care of what appears to be a Mad Scientist and a Supervillain. Also, she's now a Bug Woman, a Gigantic Wasp Woman, specifically. That glowing goo? An undiluted version of the stuff that makes a quarter of the world's Supers, and the MC is the second person to survive direct contact with such vast amounts of relatively undiluted substance. She does not have a fun time, and any 'happy times' in this story is practically setup for a nuclear warhead of a cluster f***ing bomb. Did I mention it's Dark, because knowing it's dark is something I feel people expect when going into this one.

Metaworld Chronicles. MC is a successful middle-aged working woman, CEO of a company she founded. Then she wakes up in the body of a teen aged her, in a world of magic where those without or with weak magic are practically oppressed by those with because those with are in charge. MC was almost deemed to have no or weak magic, but instead has two elements, one of which ends up allowing her to become OP. Watch as she becomes OP, and tries to avoid becoming a monstrous person despite her monstrous power.

Azarinth Healer. MC wakes up one day in the middle of a forest with a drake, and she learns the general skill "identify" by using it on said Drake. Confused, she discovers the status screen and stumbles across a ruin that she gains her first class from, Azarinth Healer. A "Healer" Grouping class that seems to emphasise more on Martial Arts than Healing, though it could just be the MC's lack of being trained. Thus starts the adventures of The Indestructible Pugilist Girl who bulldozes her way through fights by just being that hard to kill. I mean, sure, there's more to her than that, but a fair amount of the character's levelling growth comes from "I can survive pretty much anything thrown at me with ease. So come at me bro!"

Taoiiii likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle records of the Noble lady

10. Taoiiii

Reading List:
    Link
    OooOooooOOOoo MMO stories are quite new to me hmm count me in!