Resolved Reading list mobile

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by draco5666, Feb 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. draco5666

draco5666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Within the last 3 days the reading list for me has only partially loaded. Like say 30/434 will show on the list at all and no more. They also won't alphabetize. Though all problems go away if i switch to desktop mode. I use an Alcatel stylo 5 phone with chrome for reading

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind of issue usually happens because of slow internet, but... Considering it does work on desktop mode, then this is just weird...

Just to be sure, did you try to restart your phone/browser in those past 3 days to see if any change occurred? And if you do have another phone to test it out, did you see if you could replicate the issue in it?

I tried replicating your issue, but the reading list mobile is working fine on my end.

3. draco5666

Reading List:
    Link
    I have tried restarting several times. I've also logged in and out multiple times. I do not have another phone to try with. I have also left the page open for awhile to see if it wasn't loading quickly or similar.
    Also I've tried change the list settings themselves to unread and latest and various of the checkboxes but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Like it refuses to save the changes and shen i refresh it the setting are all back to shat they were

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    iinm, tony hasn't been making 'big' changes to NU lately, and Reading List is certainly hasn't been 'touched' for a while. therefore, i'd more leaning on the issue being chrome itself. it probably auto-updated itself in the last few days. it probably could no longer load a list that big for some weird reason.

i would suggest either

create a new list
    move 50 novels (from your current 434 one) into it
    reload the page to see if the issue goes away.
    open that new list in a new tab to see if it also suffers the same issue.
    move another 50 and repeat the process, to compare to see which one of them keeps having an issue

or 2.
    try another browser. monument, or dolphin for example.

5. draco5666

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i went into desktop mode. Selected every box in both list and global. Saved and logged out. Then restarted my phone. Then relogged in and went to desktop mode and deselected everything, saved and went back to mobile mode. The reading list does appear correctly though i can't change any options except in desktop mode. So for the most part it's working now?