Discussion What race would you choose?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by zhainan2157, Feb 2, 2020.

?

Which race would you choose?

1. Human

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Elf

25 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Beastkin

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Orc

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Vampire

23 vote(s)
    29.1%
  6. Other

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    As kid I always fancy Half Elf stories, in one memorable story they offspring of human and elf squadrons who have been stranded and lost in huge forest. Both race are not in heavy conflict but their kingdoms are not close either, both side just rarely get along. As months passing by they still can't find the forest exit, until one day they get exhausted and said enough is enough, both side will stop their expedition to find way to back home. Humans and elfs in this forest gradually become close and have interracial marriages, those mix marriages birth a new kind that have the most advantage characteristics from their parents, those newborns are agile and fast like elf, have much more stamina, durability and strong body build like human. From then on half elf develop their own civilazation centered on this forest that's different from human or elf kingdoms on the mainland.

2. Shitaii

Shitaii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Vampire, because i hate sun and love immortality, with immortality i can do slow living lifestyle and have peaceful state of mind
    2. Well if that place have transformation magic I'll be fine, if not i don't know what to do
    3. Firstly train my body, then make a list of every blood taste and the risk to get it, afterward creating lesser vampire squad, then build blood farm with best value from list and keep it hidden, after that just have fun with other race development and when everything became boring just sleep for century there will be fun things to do when you woke up.

3. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    He said Orc meat, that's like the typical isekai trope about Orcs. It just puts me off.

4. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am going to put a twist on this for fun, and choose to be an alien since you didn't say 'planet'.

If I am lucky, I would be on some other planet in the universe with my own problems who doesn't have to care about the scenario.

If I am unlucky, I was probably born on the ship sent to observe the planet, and will be there for the rest of my life.

Or maybe I will be sent to the surface for a mission and get captured by the natives in the process. Who knows for sure?

Of course, this is all for fun and entirely fictional though, so don't take me seriously.

Hanten and zhainan2157 like this.
  5. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon of course, I always wanted to call myself "Hidden Dragon" from the saying Hidden Dragon and Crouching Tigers

6. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm literally picking anything with magic just to burn every single level 5 beastkin out there

zhainan2157 likes this.
  7. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose, monster.

8. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious, but does saying you’re going to only burn every level 5 out there mean you’re fine with any of the other levels?

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Easily the Elf.

Pros and cons. Elves have long lifespans and are powerful with pretty much none of the cons of other races. You can even blend into human society pretty easily.

The con scenario is that you get raided by humans right? But if you know the con scenario, it isn't hard to prepare. Unless it happens when you are a baby, and at that point you won't even have time to get attached. If I have time, it isn't a problem to stop a raid of stupid humans.

I would study the magic system and try to reach the pinnacle, then go on an adventure... oh who am I kidding, I'll be an elven slave of cats :blobcat_rawr: I'll transform the entire elven village into a cats paradise!​

zhainan2157 likes this.
  10. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Touché

11. MagneticMagnet

MagneticMagnet Well-Known Magnet

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to split the questions into three sections because the race selection got a little complicated.

1. Which race would you choose, is there any special reason you chose that race? Did you choose the race based off of the pros and cons or did you choose it mostly because you like that race?

2. What would you do if you got the unfortunate circumstance mentioned in the disclaimer of each race? How would you overcome that situation? Would you just accept it or would you give up?

3. What would you do after being transmigrated into the race of your choosing and did not get the unfortunate circumstance?

a1) Dragon. Because dragon. The kind you could find in D&D for example. I just love dragons when they're done properly. It would be my choice even with guaranteed drawbacks as long as they're not completely unreasonable.
    a2) I guess one would get constantly buggered by humans seeking treasure, wisdom or to prove their strength. Better get good at fighting and cunning then. Or be transmigrated into a generally hostile subspecies or something. In which case there's a choice of proving my difference from the usual or sticking with the hostile dragon society. It's hard to say which would be the better option without knowing the circumstances. Giving up is not an option when I've transmigrated as something I really want to be.
    a3) Nothing special. Live freely, fly in the sky, explore the world, find a nice dragon wife etc.

b1) Being the strongest species might be contrary to the purpose of this question, so my next choice would be a dragonkin... Which is essentially a weaker, humanoid dragon.
    b2) Lower reproduction rates and numbers might make the entire species harder to interact with, which could lead to the fear of the unknown, mistrust and envy for superior capabilities compared to your average human. Maybe even considered some sort of heretic or monster spawn. Again, preparing for the worst and/or trying to find a way to improve the racial standing would be the logical things to do. The worst case scenario would then probably be living in a human settlement that hates you. Moving to friendlier lands when possible should be on top of the list in that case.
    b3) Find a job I want to do, like magic or blacksmithing. Then live out the life as it comes.

c1) And as a fallback, wolf or fox beastkin. Because fluffy tails and animal ears and dragonkin might still be out of the scope.
    c2) The first two I could live with. They're the typical beastkin anyway. 3 and 4 would be pretty iffy, but with any luck it's more of a typical werewolf look (the difference being if it looks more human or animal for 3 and 4) than a cutesy anthromorphized cartoon animal. In which case better hope my tastes change over time. Does 5 even qualify as a beastkin since it's not a humanoid? Being a talking wolf could be interesting in its own way.
    c3) Touch. Fluffy. Tail. Preferably a cute girl's. Never stop.

zhainan2157 likes this.
  12. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Which race would you choose, is there any special reason you chose that race? Did you choose the race based off of the pros and cons or did you choose it mostly because you like that race?
    Vampire. Even as a kid I loved horror novels and vampire lore in general.

2. What would you do if you got the unfortunate circumstance mentioned in the disclaimer of each race? How would you overcome that situation? Would you just accept it or would you give up?
    I'd basically be a giant furry mosquito. I'd go hang out with my favourite sibling. He'd make sure I was well fed. I'd probably go see if I could do some spying or thieving as a sideline to be useful to my family.

3. What would you do after being transmigrated into the race of your choosing and did not get the unfortunate circumstance?
    Go see the favourite sibling and give him the rundown on my new existence. Then buzz off and go make money. I'll come back when he's near the end of his life and give him the option to become a vampire. If he accepts, great, I have a buddy. If not I'll keep living and safeguard my family's descendants for as long as I exist.

13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it really would depend on the world.
    You need to know what its society is like, and what the races are like.

The problem is that the specs of each race varies so much form world to world that it is not funny. There are some common traits, but the specifics can vary wildly.

Though in most cases Elf, for the longevity

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Normally speaking my choice would be a catgirl, but uhn... I wanted either type 1 or 5 of catgirls... Types 2-4 were no good for me, that's too much of a high chance.

So... After reading each race, I was torn between elf and human... Which could be summarized into choosing between 20% chance of being raided for erofu or having good magic and long lifespan and what not... Then I remembered that there were also drawbacks for humans, but no real pros for being a human, so Elf was an easy choice.

2) If my village was raided and I got raped and stuff? Find a new village and start a new life there, not much else to do once I was already raped, is there? And if I got pregnant, to raise my child properly.

3) Live a peaceful everyday life, the same thing everyone does on Earth.

15. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the rest are a bit acceptable because they look like guys in Dragonball

16. Zettai Ryouiki

Zettai Ryouiki [V] H [Y]'s [♙] - "It's complicated."

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? if you want to compete with lychee, add more choices. There are bazillion of them. Dwarfs, pixies, gnomes, halflings, demons, goblins, ogres, trolls, nuffians, etc etc... all these to be shoved into others, tsk tsk.

Anyways, out of the choice above, Zettai Ryouiki would only looks good on Humans, Elf, and Vampires. Humans are too generic, so it's out. Elf are too conservative... either that or too erofu, depending on the genre, so it's out as well. So what's left is Vampires.

Let's see, Vampires... Goth, seductive, and Goth, and dark. Also did I mention Goth?
    [​IMG]

17. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I choose vampire so I could shine like diamonds. Also I'm usually asleep during the day anyway.

2. Being a bat is not so bad. I'll just go to a nice household and get fed by bananas or such.

3. Ba-ba-ba-bang bang bangity bang, ba-ba-bang bang bangity bang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.