Spoiler [BL] The Governor is Sick

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Cypress, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    督主有病
    Raw link to novel:
    https://m.shubaow.net/68/68646_1/#all

There's also a manhua version going by the name; "There's something wrong with the Governor".
    Currently there's only 3 translated chapters in the manhua.
    Manhua eng chapters;
    https://mangakakalot.com/manga/ff921536
    Raw manhua:
    https://m.kuaikanmanhua.com/mobile/5399/list/

The Synopsis from the translated manhua

An unfavoured concubine-born son of the Xie Residence was made, due to unknown reasons, into the Governor of Dong Chang, below only one and above thousands! The world only knows Chen Jue as a savage and ruthless man, however they do not know of the only white moonlight in his heart, the Qie Lan assassin Xia Hou Lian, who has been wanted in Dong Chang for many years! Once were childhood friends, but why do they now point their blades at each other? A Yandere Immortal Governor and a loyal ruffian assassin invites you to enjoy a bloody date!

The Novel Synopsis through MTL:
    The world didn't expect that the Yan king in the corpse mountain and the leader of xiahougui in the prodigal son had fallen into the lowest class in the East factory. They paid two liang of silver a month and couldn't even pay the rent . As a disorderly party in the Jianghu, Xia hougui, the most wanted person in the East Hall, didn't expect that the delicate and frail young master he met when he was a child would become a hot supervisor of the East Hall. He turned his hand to the cloud and covered it with rain. And the governor, who had a white moon in his heart, coveted for a long time, but could not ask for it. I become a ghost for you, and you become a Buddha for me.
    1. Ao jiaodu's main attack is x rough man assassin.
    2. Strong plot flow of 1v1.
    3. It's not a house fight.
    4. The governor is very big.
    5. It 's not a mutual attack.
    6, HE! Say important things three times, he! HE! HE! Ancient martial art

maya_sov and midnight reader like this.
  2. CawCawBird

CawCawBird Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhua looks cute so far, I like the style. Anyone knows who's the shou and who's the gong? (I'm assuming the governor is the gong and the assassin the shou but I kinda think the other way around would be more interesting).

3. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited.

I read (MTL) up to chapter 40. It's very interesting, like old Chinese drama where most episode is about they growing up + classic conflict. Kind of "safe" to be adapted to movie too heheh. Not focused too much on romance, I think?

I hope a translator will pick this up.

Spoiler might not in proper sequence (and again, pardon the grammar):

12 years old's arc:
    • Xia Houlian helps Xie Jinglan to meet this Dai-something teacher. His father confuse and ask him from which branch he comes from. Jinglan is very embarrassed. He always thought his father is just very busy but turns out he does not even remember him. In the end only Jinglan accepted, plus Houlian somehow. Later Houlian hugs the neglected sad boi.
    • After studying under this teacher, at one point Jinglan questioning his purpose of life.
    • First Madam (or Granma?) mad at Jinglan. With 'giving them proper etiquette lesson' as reason, she makes them kneel in the snow for an/hour/s?. This is the snow scene in the comic strips.
    • Jinglan get to know that his father hates his mother because he raped her when he was drunk, and his mother decided to report it to official resulting the Xie Master (forget his name) dropped three ranks. Because his mother is poor, Aunt Ran convinced her to stay at the residence... wrong decision. This is why Aunt Ran devoted to Jinglan, because if she did not convinced his mother, his mother might not died. Jinglan however thought that even if they were free, they will live poor and he might become a thief like Houlian. The First Madam hates them because she thought Jinglan's mother seduced her husband (Jinglan's mother was an ink girl) when she was pregnant with her first child.
    • Teacher Dai-something tells a story how 12 years ago he witness Qie Lan assassin in action (killing king? Forgot) He gave up his lives but the woman assassin let him go and only asked him to named her (sword/son???). This is how Jinlan know that Houlian is from assassin group and the woman assassin is Houlian's mother because a character name, I think. This scene already appears in comic strips (forgot which chapter).
    • Houlian once frustrated with the Xie's treatment at Jinlan and asks Jinlan money because 'we are thief of lives too!' lmao he's an idiot assassin.
    • Teacher Dai tells a lot of ghost stories and Jinlan got scared and go sleeping in Houlian's bed. With him, of course.
    • Houlian was asked to search for Xie father's correspondent and meets Qiu, another assassin that could change his bone (appearance), kills a (forgot) servant. Houlian wondering why Brother Qiu kills a servant and Xie father's unimportant (they're party fellow etc) acquaintances' names are needed.
    • Houlian actually realizes that a lot of assassins discourages him to be one with no reason.
    • He mentions to Jinglan that he actually has a father...
    • Houlian get stabbed by an assassin. He accidentally witness an exchange between someone and an assassin mentioned the Xie. The assassin is Qiu and the wound is not enough to kills him. Houlian asks Qiu about mission in Xie Family but he stated that he does not need to know. This scene also already appears in comic.
    • Somehow Jinlan is trapped (??) and accused by main residence that he visiting brothel (??). Jiu liu (?? an actress/prostitute?)'s clothes is found in his room. However (somehow) Houlian/Jinglan said that it is First Young Master's and actually this Jiu woman is Xie father's mistress. The First Madam is mad and Xie Master embarrassed for his infidelity known in front of servants.
    • This accident known by Teacher Dai and he asks Jinglan if he want to go with him. Jinglan agree but sad because that means he will be separated from Houlian.
    • Jinglan's female servant is tortured and died because she is accused for trying to poison the madam. While Jinglan in regret, Houlian notice that there's Brother Qiu among the mobs. Qiu told Houlian that since the girl is his friend, she actually still alive. Houlian happy but anxious about the scene. Does this means Qie Lan assassin start to move? That time Houlian's 'father' (Uncle Duan) arrive and pick Houlian.
    • Houlian suspicious and found out that Xie father (and his mistress???) sells information?? offended a high official name Wi de/We di?? and this W hires Qie Lan assassins to kills the Xie.
    • Houlian arrives earlier, give Jinglan's Xie father's mistress' earrings and forces him to change clothes with him and wear the mask. Jinlan is angry but runaway with it. He witnessing Aunt Ran searching for him and get killed.
    • Houlian get captures and punished because he let the third master go. His mother suddenly appears and asks him whether he want the assassins there to be killed or back to the mountain. He choose later.
    • Jinglan tries to contact Houlian through coin he gave to him before. The one that appears is Qiu. Turns out Qiu knew all along. He told Jinlan about Houlian and advices him go to capital and don't use this method again (as it will alert the other assassin).
    Some other points between 12 yrs old'arc and 14 yrs old's arc:
    • Houlian got 80s whips. He only got twenty and his mother bear the rest.
    • He actually too nice and the assassins know it. That's why none of them want him to be assassins.
    • They kinda care about him (i think?) because his mother is the best assassins and.... He's the Abbot's son (Qie Lan assasin's leader).
    • Might just me but uncle Duan and Brother Qiu is very nice to him, especially the latter. I suspect Qiu likes his mother or something.
    • I think around this chapter Houlian found out that his mother gave birth to twins but the Abbot took one to Black Buddha (??) a high temple on cliff (??). When he confront his mother, the mother only stated that her other son is a fool.

14 years old's arc:
    • Houlian starts to active in mission... but not assassination. Despite his bragging to Jinglan in the past, he's actually a newbie of newbie lol
    • Jinglan's life is a mess. Somehow he got helped from an old beggar... who sells him as eunuch to the Palace. He's currently a low eunuch servant serving (forgot? East?) Palace. He's now focusing himself to be an eunuch.
    • I'm not sure if Jinglan was castrated or not. Because there's a scene between him and another (pretty?) eunuch (?) named Siyi who accidentally know his secret and try to blackmail him. Siyi is killed by Jinglan. I think the old beggar lied to the palace and Jinglan wasn't castrated.
    • During this time (forgot), Qie Lan assassins has mission in the palace. Jinglan meet wounded Houlian when he try to dump Siyi's body. Jinglan bring Houlian to his room and lied to the soldier that he currently taking care Siyi who got pox. The soldier want to check and found out it is Siyi without any wounds on shoulder. Houlian know is Qiu's disciple and he can change his appearance. He rips his other skin to close wound on shoulder. After that he trusts Jinglan to patch his skins back. Jinglan is like wtf but stitch it anyway.
    • Jinglan asks Houlian to live with him here, and Houlian agree.
    • Qie Lan assassins was hired by Wi De to kill concubine X who currently in labor. She's offended Wi De and endangered his position in front of Emperor (I think). Houlian was tasked to search for the map, but Jinglan actually found it first and burn it.
    • When stealing good medicine, Jinglan noticed the assassins talk. The battle is quite fierce. There's a new character named Situ (forgot) Jin? Who fought the assassins well. He later drop ranks because the incident.
    • Houlian teach Jinglan knife arts.
    • Jinglan later tasked as servant in hunting play between Emperor and high official, including We Di. There's an accident and Jinglan save We Di who fall from his horse. Somehow the prince's horse also panic and want to stomp on them. We Di using Jinglan as shield meat. Situ Jin actually helped them by attack the horse, resulting the prince wounded. This Situ Jin later demoted to another place for years. Jinglan got noticed by We Di.
    • Qie Lan assassin actually drinking poison and need to get the antidote one per year. Houlian sick and stated that if he dies then he dies. Jinglan does not want him to die. He hear/knew about Qie Lan assassin still in palace, and found a woman similar to Houlian and bring her in. Houlian mother's take him back to the mountain, and they separated again.

17/21 years old's arc:
    (My memories is blur and this is random; I'm currently busy so I will edit this much later)
    • Jinglan raised position, under We Di, I think? Later he serves the empress? Or high rank concubine with baby. At 21/24 years old he is in charge of East Factory (?? Province) I'm not clear this one. That Situ Jin character appears again, trying to get his fiancee who taken by (?) and got punished. This fiancee begs Jinglan. Jinglan actually remember Situ Jin as someone who saved him from hunting incident and release him. This couple serves him later (officially Situ Jin become his direct guard).
    • Jinglan trying to find Houlian or any news about Qie Lan assassins. He felt very guilty towards Houlian and his mother because Houlian's decision to save him cost his mother's lives.
    • Some scenes about Houlian's missions. He starts to realize that his mother is not as omnipotent as he thought before. When he waiting for his mother and she did not come back, I almost cried.
    • Qie Lan assassins hired to kill official/warrior named Liu. This Liu is too strong for Houlian's mother and she died. Liu knew about Houlian and waiting Houlian (provoke him) to come or he will let the dog eat his mother's corpse. Qiu holds Houlian back and the assassins go back to mountain.
    • Other assassins talk to Houlian about why his mother died. It's because the punishment from the Abbot when Houlian let Jinglan go was mostly borne by his mother, thus weakens her health (Houlian's passed out after few whips, and because the wounds will open up again, the mother volunteered).
    • Much later there's a scene where, despite the assassins coldness toward the death of each of their members, one spoke to Liu that Qie Lan assassins will revenge Houlian's mother.
    • Houlian remember about his twin brother that the Abbot took to Black Buddha/Cliff/something temple at the back of mountain and go there. He found his twin brother actually trained as cold-blood assassin (?) and wondering what the Abbot (their father) thinking about his own blood.
    • I think the Abbot saw potential in the (older?) twin and assume Houlian is a waste. These twin bro later bond and Houlian learns/practice a lot with his brother.
    • lol when talking about 'wife', his brother asking what wife is and houlian answer that wife is a girl, someone he likes, can cook and sew. His brother said 'I like you and you can cook and sew so you can be my wife!'. Houlian just sigh and think his brother is so stupid and can't be saved.
    • During this time, Houlian taking mission with no proper weapon (it seems each assassins known from their weapon, like Houlian's mother's Hangbo) so he's known as 'Ghost'.
    • These twins starts to take revenge on Liu and his disciples. This is the last scene I read.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  5. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

6. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys get the ping from Cypress's poke last Feb? I'm wondering as there's no response to her post.
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997 @aphrosdiax
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21 @cahmil @crystalirishzz
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature @Ficklyfrim
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111 @hiharu @Ha-Ha @HIMETAN
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi @lazykitty_99 @laptop1130
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen @Raebit
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince @whitequeen
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx @xxiv @Xinyi2004
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya @ZeeRose
    @324722 @2Bon2B

7. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member