Dammit I ran out of gas.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xiazixin, Feb 7, 2020.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually everyone is worried about running out of food in a lockdown. But for some reason I ran out of gas first......
    And there is no vehicle law implemented.... How do I fill out the gas tanks? And my nearest gas store are closed...

2. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, you still have the Internet.

Outside world was over-rated anyway...

Loni4ever, Dr_H_16, lohwengk and 7 others like this.
  3. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay calm, we're with you.

Dr_H_16, otaku31 and xiazixin like this.
  4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    easy, either call all nearby gas station (look up contact info online) and see what they tell you about it and if they are open
    or, steal from your neighbours while only wearing skin tight leather, it's the apocalypse and without a vehicle you are as good as dead
    [​IMG]

BigBadBoi, 0000000, mir and 3 others like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Find a gasbag. Get your fill. Easy. :blobpeek:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    xiazixin likes this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Charge your car with electricity

7. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you even use gas for? is there any trickle left or can it run with how many times for you to go to buy or do anything you want to use with your car?

if you dont have food, be sure to bulk purchase non-perishable food. be sure to calculate it properly in how far could your food last you/your family. I am not sure if your in venezuela or hubei/surroundings, but minimize outings this is important.

8. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use gas for cooking, and yes my area is under lockdown.
    As those who know me for some time Will know that I live halve an hour drive from Wuhan in the city of ezhou.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5308799/

I have about halve a year of food at my grandparents house. My grandparents wasn't around for like years, but there are still a year of rice that they keep form a long time ago. Older people aways stock food. I still have like 3 months of food and there are still food in supermarkets.

But it's annoying I can't cook with gas stoves. There is electric stove for hotpot, so it's not live threatening. And I cook rice with electric rice cooler. And boil water with electric boilers. But it's annoying as I can't use the gas stove.

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Just pull my finger. :blobpeek:

xiazixin likes this.
  10. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing the delivery service is also stopped at this point. Maybe contact the police and see if they're willing to help out a bit? Is it possible for you to find a portable stove and extra butane canisters anywhere?

xiazixin likes this.
  11. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    call the nearest gas station/store and find something out, as DocB said... they can help you a lot more than random people on the internet... use wood and cook stuff in a fireplace? you could roast potatoes if you get tired of hotpots

look into getting a trangia... i got 2-3 in my house so even if everything goes to shit i can still cook stuff... i live in denmark so doesn't seem like that'll happen anytime soon for me tho... won't work long term but for a month or 2 it would be fine...
    its nice and portable so if the apocalypse happens you can bring it with you...............

xiazixin likes this.
  12. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DON'T leave your house. Please. If you have plenty of food and a way to cook it, even if it's tasteless, just stay home. I'm not there, so I don't know how severe it is and can only go off of what news reports like the New York Times has to say about it, but this coronavirus outbreak seems to be no joke. A lot of stores will be closed, so you may only be able to rely on the people around you, but the situation doesn't allow you to knock on random doors and ask. Your best bet, if you really need it, is to call up any friends and family you have that are near and ask for help after confirming their household hasn't been infected. Maybe an acquaintance will be willing to help in exchange for food. Just be careful about it, wear gloves and a mask if you need to go out for it, have a shower immediately upon returning, and sterilize anything you brought from outside.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    xiazixin likes this.
  13. Sturer Emil

Sturer Emil Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    switch to electric stove, ez

xiazixin likes this.
  14. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    cut some wood and make a fire.

sorry, I am a avid viewer of liziqi and dianxixiaoge...

I don't know how to solve the problem of gas since only my grandma uses gas canisters in my family, and we don't live in the same house...

manga2000 and xiazixin like this.
  15. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    People make fun of survivalists and preppers until their warnings come true. Dun Dun DUUUH! :blobspearpeek:
    This may be a bit late for the OP, but for others to ponder:

xiazixin likes this.
  16. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    you still have unused books or wooden furnitures right? make a bonfire out of em....
    that's it if you got no firewood or charcoal...

manga2000 and xiazixin like this.
  17. livorino

livorino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fart

xiazixin likes this.
  18. lohwengk

lohwengk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternative energy sources for cooking include wood, charcoal and kerosene. Which one you choose depends on whether you can find the stove. Obviously, these would only be backups for your electric stove.

If you pick one of the above cookers, you may want to look up thermal cookers / hay box cookers. These would let you minimize fuel usage.

You can look up solar cookers for homemade designs if outdoor cooking is possible for you.

If you have firewood available, look up rocket stoves. There are also other modern wood stove designs that give more heat from less wood. Rocket stoves just seem to be the easiest to build yourself.

xiazixin likes this.
  19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    During the second world war, when gasoline was really hard to find, because the military hogged them all, people in the UK made do with synthgas, where you heat up wood chips in an anaerobic environment. It's so easy you can do it at home and can refine enough synthgas to power your cars. The only downside is the synthgas is a little bit dirtier and is not very efficient, but to get things done, it was the only way.

If you just want to use it to heat up your home or to cook, it is perfectly fine for that purpose.

For instructions on how to build it, just look up 'synthgas' or 'wood gassifier' in google or youtube.

lohwengk and xiazixin like this.
  20. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Nazi SS men at gas chamber: Dammit, i ran out of gas

xiazixin likes this.