Recommendations GIVE ME ROMANCE OR GIVE ME DEATH

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Trashpack, Feb 8, 2020.

?

What’s 77 + 33

1. 110

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. 100

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. 98

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 87

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Trashpack

Trashpack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello recently I have been thinking about all the romance novels I read and I think I am trapped in a bubble of just one type that I read (harem, power crawl, one note love interest ) but I know their is more to the genre so I ask for your help on recommending the best romance
    Don’t care what it is bl, gl, gxb I just need something

Loni4ever likes this.
  2. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I’ll give you death do you want a painful, peaceful or a death full of regrets ?

FEMA, Loni4ever and Trashpack like this.
  3. Trashpack

Trashpack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A romantic death

Loni4ever likes this.
  4. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BL
    Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation/ Founder of Diabolism is always one of my top recs.
    You Boys Play Games Very Well, Rebirth of a Supermodel, The Earth is Online, Card Room, Superstar Aspirations
    for Quick Wear/ QT: Face of a Demon, There Will Always Be Protagonists With Delusions of Starting a Harem, Those Years We Killed the White Lotus
    For Yandere/crazy: Turns Out I'm Crazy, Strategy for Capturing that Scum Gong (and it's Scum Shou counterpart), Counterattack Plan of a Villain with Ten Thousand Fans

for straight xianxia with male MC: Martial Arts Master
    for female mc....I don't read romance with female MC because I end up hating her and the ML before the story hits 1/4 completion.

Trashpack likes this.
  5. pyramidhead

pyramidhead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance lover here, out of hundreds of romance manga/ln/wn/etc this is still probably the best I've read, couldn't recommend it more because it actually made me feel something instead of just reading it because I was bored 10/10.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-slight-smile-is-very-charming/

This one is also good if you can get past the gender bender part
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-became-the-heros-bride/

This is also a good otome game/yandere male lead romance
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-am-troubled-that-my-fiance-is-a-villain/

This was a short one (only 8 chapters) but it was also one of the few to make me feel something, really enjoyed it
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/mary-san-comes-on-foot/

As for this one I honestly don't know what to say to describe it in the slightest, all I can say is it deserves the 4.8 rating it has and did things no novel I've ever read has done and that's not something you can say often after a few hundred books. This isn't just a novel it's art.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/semi-datte-tensei-sureba-ryuu-ni-naru/

I don't think the novel is fully translated so read the manga(I feels it's more impactful anyways) but I will say it truly shows what immense trials and tribulations a person will go through for love. Take note it's not a feel good novel like the others on this list, it's a horror genre and full of a ridiculous amount of gore (like I've seen Claymore, Gantz, etc and this one beats even those imo) but the male lead by the end truly redefines what a man will go through to protect the woman he loves in ways I've not seen in other series. This was one of those staying up until 3 in the morning because I couldn't get enough series to me, it was absolutely insane.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sugar-dark/

Trashpack likes this.
  6. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here're some of my romance recs:

Our Second Master: Return of the prodigal son and even though it's happy ending, the romance made me cry. QAQ

And so She Dreams of Another World ~ The Pure and the Unw...(oneshot): Super funny and cute romance. What you get when the so-called 'holy maiden' is actually a gorilla with a pure heart who dreams of romance.

Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife (genderbender): Technically it's het, because MC transmigrates into a female body and stays female the rest of the way through the story.

Tyrannical Wang’s Beloved Wife: Long, slow build romance that you won't forget. In fact, it's so slow build that it hasn't quite gotten to the romance in translations yet but I found raws and binge-read it. It's really good IMO. Only, uh. It's more plotty and political than pure romance lol.

And if you're willing to read BL:

As the Demon King, I Am Very Distressed Because the Hero Is ... (super short series): Poor distraught career demon king has no idea what to do with a super weak (or is he?) hero.

Tintl and Fuyuneko like this.
  7. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    orioledoll and Loni4ever like this.
  8. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Trashpack likes this.
  9. Xiao lady loves novels

Xiao lady loves novels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are up a nice romantic story you can try Gu Man's any translated work or Mo Bai Fei Bai works. These are kind of short ones when compared to the long long web novels of Chinese.

Trashpack and otaku31 like this.
  10. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death it is then...

by snu snu.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020