Non-Fic Local fruits make sick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    When I say local, means any kind of fruits in Borneo. I had discussed about this topic 2 years ago except the 'sick' part which is different.

2 years ago, I only sick of the smell of Durian but now the smell of any ripe local fruits make me sick. After smelling them, I'll cough vigorously and sometime hurt my chest and throat. I bet this year fruit season really make me sick. I'd never been this sick before but I don't know why..

I don't say the fruits are unhealthy, I just say that their odour make me sick. I really² want to eat Rambutan but my current condition forbid me from eating them:cry: Once I ate Rambutan, soon after that I coughed vigorously that I almost lost my breath, and then I don't want to eat them again.

My dad pick up some yellow Durian, which used to be my favourite, and told me to eat them but why can't he understand it that I'm now sick? He even told me to eat the Rambutan!! Probably I can just eat them, but I hope he won't regret for making my current condition even worst than before.

P.S. this thread had nothing to do with nCoV.
    Hope you guys won't feel wasted after reading this..

imK likes this.
  2. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation: Local Gays gave OP the Clap.

CyberCypher and elengee like this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it was @lychee

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    better translation:
    OP suddenly gets sick and coughs when eating fruits she used to love.
    not wuhan

poor OP. I really like fruits... have you tested with other fruits to see if you have the same reaction?

mir and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  5. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    They're putting chemicals in the fruit making OP sick.
    [​IMG]

6. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, rambutans have unique smell?

7. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...were you pregnant?

kenar and mir like this.
  8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Allergy?

mir and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  9. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sawanara murasaki , if you were hoping for sympathy, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

If you were hoping for sarcasm, and witty snark, then :blobparty:.

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you have saponin poisoning. Rambutan and lychee seeds have saponin and you may be sensitive to it. Saponin can cause destruction of red blood cells and are therefore deadly for humans and animals.

Durian seeds have methylcyclopropene. It is toxic if it's uncooked. It could be that the small amount of methylcyclopropene leaked into its flesh is above the dosage you can tolerate due to your sensitivity.

There are other tropical fruits with toxic seeds too. Ai-chan doesn't know how much of the edible parts have these toxins, but it could be that your body has very low tolerance of them and therefore it takes much less to make you sick than it would have the average person. Just asking, are you pregnant? When Ai-chan was pregnant last time, Ai-chan also got sick after eating stingray, which Ai-chan really loved before and after pregnancy.

11. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, I don't know cause their smells really hurt me...[I woke up few minutes ago and find out that I can only survive in my bedroom cause the strong smell of the durian filled the whole corridor, living room and our kitchen]

Why should I be pregnant? I spent my whole life with cute girls

Exactly not, My Ai-chan Kamisama, plus I'm a guy:oops:

Hmmm I never thought of that, I think I'm allergy to them..

userunfriendly likes this.
  12. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always liked apples alot, but at some point they started making my tongue and throat feel numb and itchy when I ate them.
    Now just the smell of Fuji apples (the only type of apple that causes it) makes my throat start to feel a bit itchy, though it's probably psychological. But I noticed that if I eat any apples that smell too similar to the Fuji ones, they cause a slight reaction too. Now I smell any new variety of apple before buying/biting.

Point is, my sense of smell for the thing my body is rejecting got more sensitive than before.

So I think it's probably like what Ai-chan said, you got poisoned a bit in the past.
    And now your sense of smell is more sensitive to the cause.

edit:
    and thanks to this thread I tried googling my problem again, and this time got an answer surprisingly easily. Turns out I'm probably allergic to birch tree pollen. It's a shame, such pretty trees. But first it was fuji apples, then chestnuts, then celery. All of those are listed under birch tree pollen allergy so it's probably that. ..... I hope it stops there. I really like alot of those fruit listed... :sushi_dead:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Sawanara murasaki, kenar and Ai chan like this.
  13. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a similar problem with pickled cucumbers. I used to love them in the past - I could eat an entire jar as a snack. I'd probably eat at least one jar a week, sometimes two or three. They just tasted great.
    Unfortunately, with time less and less tasted good to me... what's worse, the smell of an open jar started to make me want to retch. And it's not a smell that goes away quickly... If the pollution's bad, I can't even air out my house to get rid of it and it can linger for days :|

Sawanara murasaki likes this.