Discussion What magic will you steal?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zone Q11, Feb 9, 2020.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Mental speed/memory enhancement in that case. I don't care who it comes from.

0000000 and Zone Q11 like this.
  2. Alvin and Chipmunks

Alvin and Chipmunks Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to have an ability to speak to and understand animals and any other living existence along with humans.

Zone Q11, TokioftheBel and otaku31 like this.
  3. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright. Granted.
    Alright. Granted.

4. Silvania

Silvania Has returned to Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall you stating we couldn't take entire systems of magic as One power or ability:blobpeek:. Like Healing magic is an entire system of magic that could let you kill people with it depending on application. I'm just thinking further ahead like you said the stronger the ability is the more danger that world would be. :blobspearpeek:

Don't mind me though. I was looking for a loophole for fun~

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  5. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    I want Necromancy. Communicating with the dead is cool and I might steal it from a pretty bad dude and help the planet at the same time.

6. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually prefer passives like high level all element affinity or absolute stealth ability. The biggest deciding factor is wether I am born in the new world as a baby or transported to it as a teenager or even hijack som dudes body. In case that is unknown, i would prefer the "Read all creation" ability from that toika novel.

7. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personal Transmutation, with autocorrect built in to ensure I can't accidentally kill myself when transforming myself into something less organic.

Ideally the cheat part of it would allow me to ignore conservation of matter/energy and/or bypass critical mana costs, but if that's not included, at least let me include equipment in the skill/mutation/spell. Space/time magic would be fun too, but with a little luck that can be learned. Manual transformation of your own physique though? Now that's got plenty of space for abuse that can't really be replicated with other singular skills.

Weight alone is a massive weapon AND shield if I can make myself durable enough to tolerate the weight. Density alongside it to become a living tank. Wolverine claws for hidden weapons, or pile bunkers and arm-crossbows for proper devastation... Lotta application, and that's not even going into the potential changes in matter (Would be hella interesting if you could turn yourself into something intangible or subdimensional, if not? Just go with metals, rubbers, animal forms, etc), or the perfect disguises you can make for yourself. And being able to always be in peak physical condition, de-age your entire body to essentially live as long as you'd like AND go back to aging whenever you'd like. So many applications. Gimme.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  8. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I would go for something discreet, something not used by the general populace but something everyone has. The cheat/power I gain from said god is stolen from someone in said world right? So I choose No-Attribute Magic, something practiced in the beginning but then not worked on since it's just a building block to learn Attribute Magic, cast aside in order to master their respective attribute. But if that doesn't count, I desire Reinforcement Magic. Consequences be damned if said user was a master.

imK and Zone Q11 like this.
  9. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm....... perfect memory? Being abke to remember every single thing that happned and always memorized what i had learned?

If it's a typical medieval setting i would become a merchant's aprentince and aim to become a merchant company's clerk

If it's high tech magic world i'll become an official in the government

If it is a shitty world that is on the brink of ruin (for whatever reason) i'll let loose all my stupid and ridicilous desire...... and then die......

imK and Zone Q11 like this.
  10. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Except that I have. It's called Rule #5; the rule that enables me to cockblock people who want to be OP without putting much effort.
    Healing magic can kill people depending on its application, but that just means that there is someone in someworld who was robbed of that ability. Imagine what they will do when they find out that a nobody suddenly appeared in the world with the exact ability they lost?
    If you are looking for a loophole, then look at the rules instead of imagining which rules you can break.
    I already gave a hint at Post #2, so go and find me that loophole that I already found.
    Denied. Commuting with the dead, reanimating the dead and (forcefully) commanding the dead are three separate abilities.

Bastil, AliceShiki and Arbelbyss like this.
  11. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate Control / Future Prediction / Luck in that order if some are unavailable.

Fate Control, meaning that I can look at others fates, and what would change if something different happened to them, eg. say if they planned on going to the right in a crossing, I could see what that would mean in their future, and if I don't like it, I could just engineer something that forces them to go left etc. For combat purposes, I can determine who would fight me, and how to best deal with them, either by myself or by involving other beings.

Future prediction, is quite straightforward. I see what'll happen in the future ,meaning i can avoid a lot of hassles and have an easy life. The depiction of the future I see, is dependant on when, whose and for how far I see their future, but I would always have something activated for anything that gets close enough to affect me.

Luck, in the sense that I could change my own and others' luck, altering random situations to my favor or to their disfavor. They have a gun and firing at me? Too bad, it self-detonated due to misfire. They're charging in with a melee weapon ? Oh look, a tiny hole in the ground, unseen by anyone. If used on myself, it either alters randomness to suit me, or to destroy them, basically.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  12. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    cut copy and paste as one ability. if it doesn't exist then I want the authority of the god.

13. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not reincarnated, nor are you transmigrated. You are transported, so in the new world that you will live in, you essentially "suddenly pop out of nowhere".
    In other words, shapeshifting without any loss of energy? Remove the "without loss of energy" part, and you are good to go.
    Funny thing is though; there are usually only two kinds of shapeshifting. One where the maintenance costs "something", and one where only the transformation costs "something".

...actually, you mentioned about transforming into something "less organic". While there are abilities which could change a part of your body into an inorganic matter, the ability of "transmutation"... it's not available.
    No Attribute Magic is as diverse / versatile as any Elemental Magic. I specified that only 1 power can be stolen, so... congrats! You have acquired Reinforcement Magic!
    Alright. Granted.

14. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh, I was thinking that would all be neatly wrapped up together. Perhaps then the ability to speak with animals.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  15. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    modificate affection, I really don´t like fight:oops:

only I can take 1?

Zone Q11 likes this.
  16. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Not available.
    Available. Granted. Good luck.
    Neither exists. Rather, the first one is an amalgamation of three abilities. Individually, they exist.
    Alright. Granted.
    Alright. Granted.
    Yes, you can only take one.

17. Argento Drachen

Argento Drachen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gluttony skill: the one where you get all the stats from anything you kill. say you have 5 strength the kill a slime with 4 strength now you have 9 strength. that goes for all other stats too. You also take any ability / magic they have for yourself.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  18. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    The ability to reincarnate in another world.

19. Bastil

Bastil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awh. In that case... If the shapeshifting with just an initial cost also includes things like detoxification and de-aging that'd be great. If not, eh, the disguise aspect alone is worth a ton, and if creative use of biomass is on the table? hotdamn.

So if its an option, then freestyle shapeshifting would be peachy. If not, I'll have to look into a different direction.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  20. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Glutton Skill encompasses Stat Absorption and Ability Absorption.... =_=

Zone Q11 likes this.