Discussion What magic will you steal?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zone Q11, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    You have the correct assessment to try requesting stuff.
    The thing is though; granting powers left and right looks nice on paper / post, but... the actual stuff is a pain to work with.

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. hmod

hmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so you cant level up skills? Like going from simple movement skill to interdimensional space gate? If not then I guess I want the ability to straight up manipulate space however i want

3. Baabaablack

Baabaablack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To try something unique, a high level of sleep ability (to inflict). Increased magic growth, increased mana growth. Increased intelligence and healing magic. Not really clever but asking for too much might bite me in the future.

4. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Ability:
    1. Language comprehension (always useful)
    2. Sub-dimensional storage (worse case scenario is unusable due to high mana consumption)
    3. Ability stealer/learner (perferably the learning type, if it's a dud then it'll just help me learn my other abilities)
    4. Qi control (best case will let me cultivate, worst case i can only use it as distraction)
    5. Qi cultivation body (just a little boost to help me get a body that can cultivate

If Qi cultivation is a dud or unavailable, I'll go with
    4. Enhanced mana regen
    5. Water magic (water is always useful)

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you thinking Avatars earthbenders? If you we’re I would had to have a lot more power than I’ve seen so far. What I mean is that. I don’t want to create an earthquake, but I would like to be able to manipulate iron, steel, quarts, granite or even cement. To such a degree where I can do stenciling and create works of art in the nano meter range.

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, maybe simple illusion that affects the some senses of people around me, like Aizen, except it wears off immediately once I am not in the vicinity. That way I can send the idiot who runs after me to run the other way. Of course pain will release them from the illusion and if the said victim has a higher mental state than mine it will be useless. It is not hypnosis where I can start to affect the common sense of others mind you.

Or a simple arrow to guide me or a map that shows me 50 meters radius worth of enemies. It is a 2D map so limitations in height, does not tell me strength of enemy and most importantly, not telling me the structure of surrounding terrains.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  7. Dravde

Dravde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we get 5 abilities or at the start there is only one? Well I'll answer regarding both scenarios.
    Ability 1 will be the one starting one no matter the scenario

1. Fate Control: Able to control fate of anything. I can just make a happy/bad ending to everyone who deserves it.

2. Showy Trick Magic: All the magic shows and all the tricks and special effect stuff we see in lots of things turned into real magic. I can do disappearing acts, escape stunts etc. Even fortune telling would become real magic that truly shows past, present and the future.
    3. Servant Creation: Able to create minions from anything. Depending on the material or the lack of it the longer and more taxing the process. Golems and undead are cheap and imaginary living beings with power are most expensive (since they are basicly created from nothing but your imagination)
    4. Mind Manipulation: Can mind control, brainwash, modify memories, change mental health etc. Not just your everyday boring NTR ability.
    5. Music Magic: Turn music into magical spells. Effects vary depending on the users image of the song when he is playing. For example "Seven Nation Army" can lead to the user getting a huge boost in fighting power or he summons and army of beings to fight.

I think... my abilities are highly focused on messing with people or making things more fun...

Meh. Only you can make your life fun so this skillset is ALL GOOD~

Zone Q11 likes this.
  8. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I change my mind after reading everyone else's ability..
    1 & 2 is still the same,
    But i'm going to change 3-5..
    3. Qi cultivation body.
    4. Water magic
    5. Healing magic(if i have to steal it from somebody, i'll change mine to life energy regeneration)

9. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    We got space manipulation, but whether what we have satisfies your desires is another story.
    Read first sentence of opening post: You only get to steal one ability.
    Read first sentence of opening post: You only get to steal one ability.
    Metal manipulation then? Yeah, we got that but... hey, take a pen and paper and draw a circle. Is that circle drawn perfectly within nano meter range? That's what you're asking of us right now.
    Illusion then? Alright. Granted.

10. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Not available.
    This is multiple abilities; so no.
    ...wow. This is somehow rare. Alright. Granted.
    You might re-define what "cheap" means though.

hmod likes this.
  11. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know what you expect from me but... Curse magic!
    Highest chance to hit a bad guy.
    If it's a harsh world, I can freely used it. The bad guy probably also have a lot enemies.
    If it's a peaceful world, I just work hard to learn other magics. I can take it easy. If I don't use curse magic, he never find me.

By curse magic I mean something similar from etrian odyssey where is mostly used to weak and restrain enemies. Gameplay aside of course I can curse a whole village with enough effort and a but of help from the world. But nothing in the level of cheat unless you are smart with it.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  12. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, now I need to know more about the rules and for that I would need to experiment I suppose. Well let me start with some questions first, what happens if I have all 5 slots and I try to steal a new one? Will it just fail or I get to choose one of my current ones to replace or would I need to steal an ability for that purpose? So that brings to the next question what happens with the skill that are replaced? Do they return to their owners or will just disappear and in case they disappear does that means that if I die all my skills are returned to their owners? In case that is a fail to steal after already having 5 skill the target skill will disappear or remain as is? Also could be that instead of selecting on to replace one is randomly chosen?
    Anyway I pretty much have already an idea of what skills I will hunt for but depending on some of these answers I could change the way I fight
    Edit: wow this ended longer than I expected. But a mad scientist can be content with only this I must do more experiments

13. Baabaablack

Baabaablack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok trying again.

Monster mimic. (Only one monster at a time and previous monster abilities are lost till I encounter them again. I have to see the monster in person with out any tools i.e. no binoculars or or scrying). This would keep life interesting.
    If that fails to pass the ability to turn into a water elemental.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  14. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh...can I steal the God’s ability to grant magic?

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can answer this one!

You can't. God is the one granting you an ability, so if God doesn't want you to have it, you won't have it~

imK, AMissingLinguist and Fossil like this.
  16. mDubBc

mDubBc New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlimited access to the Akashic Records

17. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Boo! Boring!

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.
  18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  19. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    orz That's not what I had expected...
    Well the thing is; there are many types of curses, and you can only choose one.

Also; "curse magic in a peaceful world" means that there was "curse magic in a peaceful world" ...very interesting.
    ...to be fair, I don't think I can answer any question since there ought to be multiple stealing abilities, with multiple different answers.

I can give you my optimal answer, but I cannot guarantee you will get what I want you to have.
    My answer: You have 5 skill slots, with stealing abilities as your first skill slot. Once you have stolen your 5th skill with your 1st stolen skill to steal skills, your next skill steal will replace your 2nd stolen ability, and then your 3rd ability, etc. It basically replaces the oldest stolen ability aside from your 1st stolen ability, which is the ability to steal skills.
    As for what happens with the replaced skill; it goes back to the owner.
    Oho? That is... shapeshifting with powershift; basically the ability of doppelgängers. Alright. Granted.
    Nope. Same story with Kaminomikan; read P#53.
    Not my problem.
    Not viable. Ever heard of Laplace's Demon? The creature that is logically impossible? Yeah, I don't want to make that even a bigger mess than it already is.

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.
  20. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    If there isn't, I still get a refund. It's still a win-win situation for me.

One is fine. I don't really care about being OP.