Discussion What happened to royalroadl?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sideofbread, Feb 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sideofbread

sideofbread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Warning This is a rant)

I been gone from royalroad for a couple of months, binge reading some novels on novelupdates. I gotta say when I looked at the comment section on my favorite novel, some of the comments were wtf to me. They were acting liked children or youtube comments, they would type some bullshit about the author or random crap that would devolved to who dick is bigger. What happened to just thanks for the chapter or concrete criticism on how they feel about the book not just rate it as bad and say I win bye bye. I was wondering what happened to community these past few months?

imK likes this.
  2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You abandoned us and we lost our way.

imK, Emperor avalon, 0000000 and 6 others like this.
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just my genuine curiosity, but why are you ranting here? I take no offense to your rant; I just want answers. Always have been, always will forever... even on my final day.

So what was the story? What was the content of the chapter that made fans into a YouTube comment section? You grazed me, now I bleed with a slightly deep wound. It will only heal after I know your answers to my questions.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrugs*
    It is what it is and what it is, it is.
    It'll vary wildly from novel to novel i think, and sometimes chapter to chapter. Sometimes someone'll be an idiot and then someone will react to the and then it snowballs. Most of the novels on my followed list are dropped :blobsob: but the one I do still read has a chill comment section.

imK likes this.
  5. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't even knew royalroad had forums till i saw one of the authors i follow talking about how the comments on forums where hurtfull and he was gratefull for the good reviews and post on the chapters...

you brought that back to me with your rant and now i will go and search the forums too..............

on a side note.....if what i read a year or so from how they post on the original chapters and forums from where we get wuxia novels, then the posts on royalroad are exactly the same as how they post there (On china)

6. sideofbread

Reading List:
    Link

Novelupdates has been to me place where people have general concern on the question on mind. Some story I read, some hear and there in the comment section every chapter but a new novel I found was carl@fire they were going on about the chapter of how bad they felt.

7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the chapter about or should I say, what made the readers feel bad about reading it?

The well is not a well if there is no reflection. The mystery behind a mystery is just one shade layered over the truth. Take matters on your own end for alignments come with many shades myriad to none.

8. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh royalroad was always good and now that they updated the site, it has gotten even better. It's just that some of the audience has changed. That's all. After all whenever sites start to get bigger, more and more different types of people join so it can be said that it's nobody's fault at least not royalroad's:cookie:

9. sideofbread

Reading List:
    Link

A couple before the last chapter and it was blank, I thought ok he’s progressing the story by leaving chapter blank or the royalroad has a problem on the chapter.

10. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Soo... A rant about human behavior? Oh well. Just another thing I've read today.

11. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    A shame for those that dripped their story.

Knowing these and at the same time seeing people complain in novels asking why humans are always the bad guys just makes me laugh. Its like the pot calling back to the kettle.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Past few months? Dude, they've been like that forever or at least for years. Who shielded you from the truth? At least now there's no more Andur dicksuckers going around talking shit about an author at their own stories while glorifying Andur and telling the readers to read Andur instead because the author will never match up to Andur.

For the record, Ai-chan isn't ranting against Andur. Ai-chan never met that guy. Ai-chan's complaining about Andur's dicksuckers who go around bringing other authors down and promoting Andur as the greatest thing since cavemen discovered fire.

vlue and imK like this.