Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. sets_trans

sets_trans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are talking about that white haired guy. Then he is definitely older. He looks the same age as mc (might be older). And Rachel is 6-8 I guess.

2. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haha that's can't be help since in the novel she is very beautiful and get famous for her beauty too. There will be more guys so just let it be. Actually I think that's kinda important detail to make the plot developed later. Trust me, those guys interested in her is only cause her trouble in the future like the sliver hair prince and the dude from cardinal, and being looked like the passed queen make everyone pay attention to her.

Nora will be the only love interested so you don't have to worried about harem. Jeremy doesn't show any clear action since he already knew it would be hopeless, he cleared his mind and accept to be her son (only few guys know about his feeling). The rumor is made by cardinal since both MC and Jeremy weren't arranging marriages, of course for politic war purpose. I feel bad for him, we won't know who he'll end up with (kinda weird to me since MC wanted to attend his wedding so much in the beginning). He and ML will become a perfect duo, together they fight and protect MC (I ship them!!! amen)

@fiminkio Rachel will married a prince from another country: light green hair, pale yellow eyes sound like some jewels to me and just can't help with the name -Prince Ali-Ohala I just want to share the name of Robin William's song if you know what I mean

3. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Off topic a bit but this made me laugh so bad.

4. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you get from? And also the link?

5. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true XD. Though I think it's more of a legal issue. A wife can represent her husband regardless of her age but a son is often kept away from the inheritance until an "age of maturity". Also, in many ways Shuli is much more emotionally and mentally mature than the children due to her upbringing.

6. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also betting that the father didn't think he could trust his relatives or most of the nobility. From what we've seen he was definitely a good father (and his wife a good mother) for their children to miss him so dearly. I think using Shuli was a desperate move on his part since he knew he didn't have much time.

I'm loving the story so far and the premise opens itself up to a lot of potential spinoffs. For example, what if the kids got sent back in time instead of Shuli? I'd definitely like to see something like that.

BTW does anyone have an MTL of POV of the kids in the first timeline? It sounds interesting but I don't know where to find the specific chapter.

Xi-hime, TrinaAngel, Peerly and 15 others like this.
  7. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    That was the plot...The husband didn’t trust his siblings which was evident in the funeral chapters.

Xi-hime, mangalover_101 and augacutan like this.
  8. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Second this. The position of wife is still higher than a son even if he is the heir. Even now that is the practice which often is an issue in blended families,

9. yooma

yooma New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am liking the ML, but... Nora? Really? They did a great job picking mostly German names for a German setting (except for MC, but maybe she's ment to be called July?), but Nora is just weird. Maybe Noah?
    Either way, I am impressed with how much research the author apparently did on German noble houses, as a history student, I appreciate that a lot

11. lamama

lamama New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thanks for the spoiler. Damn so my guts were right, Jeremy does have feelings for FL. I was joking about him having a one-sided love towards FL this morning lol. Too bad it's not like Jeremy's going to make any move because of their relationship and others' reactions.

Also yeah Nora's a weird name for a boy.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Leilacus likes this.
  12. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird, but not necessarily unheard of. I've known a few boys with effeminate names. I'm pretty glad that we're getting ACTUAL names that might be reasonable for the setting, it kinda show how much care the author put into this.

As for Jeremy's fiance in this timeline, it seems she's a genuinely good person this time around I have to wonder how she ended up the way she did.

Also, do we get any details on the first timeline later on? I'm really interested to see each of the kids' individual reactions to the MC's death and also an expansion on what happened with them.

13. lamama

lamama New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actual names that might be reasonable for the setting? What do you mean? Does the name Nora mean anything to the story? I'm just curious.

14. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they mean that since this story has a German setting, most of the names chosen are either classic germanic names (like Heidi) or german catholic names (like Lukas, Johann, Elias), combined with old names of actual former German aristocratic houses of Southern Germany

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  15. Rouxd

Rouxd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this isn't being translated anymore but does anyone have the official links to the Raws? I don't mind doing MTL and trying to figure out what's going on.

16. anvic

anvic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Rachel ends up marrying the second prince. I think he’s the same age as Rachel. In the WEBTOON he was described as a sickly child.

Xi-hime, Hathley, yfndsh and 3 others like this.
  17. Vivixoxo

Vivixoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So according to the last chapter of the novel, MC attends Jeremy's wedding. He gets married to a girl name Diane. MC marries Nora. Elias marries Ohara. Rachel marries some prince and became queen of some country. Leon is working for the empire.

im_trash42, Ahmya, xpeanut and 97 others like this.
  18. meowmeowchan

meowmeowchan Member

Reading List:
    Link

OMG

19. foxymirage

foxymirage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I found this spoiler from mangago written by lolz, credits totally goes to them. (Copying it here so it doesn't get lost in the comment sections in that site).

Beware, pretty long spoiler ahead (detailed spoiler of what happened in the first timeline):

So what happens in the previous timeline: When Shuri breaks down in front of Jeremy during the funeral, he thinks she hates them and will leave them behind so he keeps his distance and acts cold. The other siblings follow suit. But then years pass and it turns out he severely misjudged her in her grievance, he tries to make up for it. Both he and his siblings try to make up for it be being kinder but since their relationship with her is so strained, she doesn't realize it. Some time passes and Jeremy falls in love with her (keep in mind that they're only 2 years apart here so it's not that weird on his end since he never really thought of her has his mother in the first tineline) when he notices how much she's sacrificed for him and his siblings. However, things come crashing down when Shuri suggests marrying Ohara (as per his father's will) and he gets shocked, angry, and hurt because the girl he (secretly) loves is ok with hadning him off to a different woman. He's bitter and ends up treating her even more coldly and says some really cruel things to her (without giving away why he's really angry leaving Shuri all confused...this is also why Shuri was so shocked over Jeremy's kindness in the current timeline as she's just not used to him being nice to her whatsoever). Jeremy eventually agrees to marry Ohara ease Shuri's worries and because he's given up on pursuing her for the better since it will only lead to bad things from society's perspective. However, Ohara who is completely enamored by Jeremy (it was love at first sight for her which is kinda weird and annoying because he's not kind to her either) quickly catches on to his secret feelings for Shuri and feels that her position as his future is threatened (for absolutely no reason because Shuri onlt thinks of Jeremy as a son/little brother and Jeremy has no plans on pursuing her as he's agreed to marry Ohara). Ohara's father easily manipulates her because he wants control over the family's money and realizes that Shuri is in the way since she's too smart/strong to manipulate and will not yield to him and his threat. He tells Ohara to spread rumors about Shuri and Jeremy being in an incestual relationship to create a scandal and weaken the repuation of their household in the aristocracy and when Elias (the second son/Jeremy's red-haired brother) hears the rumor, he foes batshit crazy and is disgusted because he really does think of Shuri as a mother figure. This causes a strain in his relationship with the rest of the family and eventually leads to a huge fight with Jeremy who just can't understand why he believes a rumor over his own brother's word. This was what Jeremy feared most and was the main reason he never confessed his feelings to Shuri. To clear up the rumors, they hastily announce Jeremy and Ohara's wedding and Ohara and her father are on cloud nince since everything is going their way. And guess what? Shuri's ex-husband (the late Marquess)'s stupid siblings are in on it. They're greedy for money and got manipulated by Ohara's father. Jeremy wants Shuri to attend the wedding no matter what because he and his siblings decided to apologize for treating her so cruelly up until now (and for believing the stupid rumors) on the day of the wedding and want to call her "mother" properly (like they're doing in the present storyline). Ohara, who has no idea what's really going on, is jealous that Jeremy want Shuri to attend the wedding despite the bad rumors she spread about them starts suspecting that there might actually be something going on between them and that they are going to elope on the day of the wedding (isn't it ironic that she fell into her own trap?) decides to secretly meet up with Shuri and lies to her about Jeremy not watning her there. This causes Jeremy to push back the wedding date everytime he finds out that Shuri has rejected the invitation from Ohara (he doesn't go in person because he thinks he'll be rejected even strongly) and Ohara's father and the previous Marquess's stupid siblings get fed up with the waiting and set up a trap (the first chapter) and hire a bandit to kill her when she sneaks out to attend the wedding. Jeremy agreed to the wedding because he was lied to that Shuri had agreed to come and was waiting for her and refused to do the vows before she showed up finds out from the guards that Shuri was killed in a tragic accident when bandits decided to attack her carriage. He and his siblings are heart-broken because this is the third time they've lost a parent figure. However, he's also the first to recover and immediately notices Ohara's shocked and scared expression (she thought Shuri was just going to run away and never return...she never though her father would order her to be killed) and he immediately realizes what happened. He lashes out on her and her father and his uncles and aunts and gets them all arrested but since Ohara was mostly innocent when it came to the actual murder, she gets pardoned. Some time passes, and Ohara tries to regain some stature by trying to marry Nora but of course it never works out because Nora's family was close to Shuri (I still have no idea why Nora and Shuri never met...but it does sound suspicious given that they ran in the same social circles and she was close to his father) but eventually she weasels her way into Elias's heart and of course, Jeremy (as the Marquess) never okays their relationship until he's forced to when Elias knocks her up. Things remain sour between the whole family after Shuri's death.

I still haven't found anything on the weird guy that kept staring at her in the meeting. He comes off as an impotant character for the plot later on but...maybe he's a webtoon only character? Since these spoilers are from the novel.

As for the current timeline: Shuri ends up with Nora. That is the most important thing. They end up havinf 2 kids and the oldest is named Michael. Jeremy ends up liking her again but of course doesn't seriously pursue her. Their relationship is already better than it ever was in the first timeline. Elias ends up with Ohara again bit apparently she's a good person now that she's manipulated by her father (who also ends up getting caught and punished). Rachel also gets married but I couldn't find out to whom (just that she gets married the same day Shuri and Nora do). I couldn't find much on Leon but I assume he's happy too. Overall, it has a happy ending and the story continue even after all the wedding bells stop ringing and we get to see some of the kids. Ohara and Elias end up having a daughter but I think Jeremy is still alone lol (poor guy got stuck in the same tragic love twice).

Ahmya, M30WWWW, onnagiri and 129 others like this.
  20. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad.....:blob_teary: poor Jeremy