Spoiler The Male Lead’s Substitute Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Venice1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, FL had finally started her farmhouse business.
    She starts to throw up in the mornings. Her is worried and FL tells her that it’s just a cold. Mother forces her to go to the hospital. She goes and finds out that she is pregnant. It has been a little over a month since they separated so about the right time to get symptoms.
    Lalala... she is absent minded wondering what is happening and scared if the An’s know this they will try to kill her.
    ML has a spy there and he has been getting pictures of her constantly!!!!!! Talk about a stalker. He gets word of the pregnancy and checks the time and knows it’s his child. he works to get there as soon as possible to hold her and protect.
    FL thinks it’s best to get an abortion and goes to the hospital. She finds out that she has a rare blood type rh negative which is bad for abortions. -check this out, I didn’t know about rh negative blood. She decides against it and goes home.
    ML gets the message that FL tried to get abortion. He is terrified and immediately heads to airport to go to her. He gives the left over work to his assistant that he has been thinking of sending to Africa.
    In the plane, he dreams of FL. It’s of her after she was abused and calling his name. He can’t touch her even though he tries. He sees her being killed by the an sister and wakes up yelling Yaya!!!!
    He will do anything to stay by her side at this point.

A bit touching. He realizes his mistakes. This time much earlier than in the book before it becomes irreversible.

Scapezz, zozoshawky, Lucila and 14 others like this.
  2. nuttyreader

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to add.....
    well, as the ML is heading there....the man who care about her show up at the same time.

Xu Chengkun - movie actor and friend only
    Yan Junyi - childhood friend, baldy
    Xu Chaoran - ML half bro who she tries to stay far away from
    And you know the ML will show up here. Hahaha - chapter 99.

ok. It looks like she only had 2 childhood friends who are big. Still, that’s a lot for a person with a normal background.

Scapezz, Lucila, Ceilo27 and 9 others like this.
  3. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What did the b!@tch did for her to get on a blacklist?

4. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's never explicitly stated what she did but from what I remember, it's hinted she mixed with the wrong kind of company (probably criminal) and tried to double-cross them.

Of course, that's a direct recipe for RIP......

imreallyanarwhal and Poor_Hero like this.
  5. xiashenghan

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess serves her right...?

6. nuttyreader

Reading List:
    Link
    An something owes lots of money and offended people who she could not afford to offend. It never said who. Considering she is from a rich family, you really wonder what’s in her head to do all the stuff she did. She definitely did not go for music. All of what happens to her, she owes.
    Considering what happened to her, you have to wonder what she did. It was scary enough for her to run back to the ML to get his protection even after throwing him away. The An family is really not good. They definitely did not teach their daughters well.

7. xiashenghan

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the tea I wanna be spilled. How she offended them and all. But maybe she's like that ex-girlfriend b*tch in another novel I read. She acts like everyone is below her when in reality her family really didn't have that much power. Pretentious b*tch.

I really wanna read the novel but the translations are really slow and I still can't get over how they cut each original chapters into two or three. I guess I'll read once they completed it.

imreallyanarwhal likes this.
  8. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume what she did had something to do with sleeping around. When the ML dreams of the previous timeline, he says to An that the baby shouldn’t be his, and that they did not do anything that night and that she only lay next to him. I assume that the baby would be conceived while she was in the US or else she would have no reason to lie.

Also, when questioned about what she did in the US, she responded. "Things are not what you think. Those things are done by Da Bo'an family. You know that the uncle is our home. The person who is the master, he let me do that, I can do anything, I am forced too!"

9. the Legendary Frog

the Legendary Frog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have the raw link???

10. megane.no.megami

megane.no.megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to mtlnovel.com and search for the title. You should be able to get the google translation of the novel and thankfully, it’s fairly easy to follow.

11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL this novel is pretty easy. I'm alr at ch 70, where she went to filming and had accident.
    I cannot wait to see the green tea biatch

From spoiler above, the novel MC went to transmigrate MC body and lived her life there. And got to marry transmigrate MC old crush.
    Is there something about this old crush from transmigrate MC? Why suddenly there's old crush? All I rmb from transmigrte MC is how she works hard and abt her parents.
    MTL is easy to forget certain things lol

12. Lilly1234

Lilly1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the MC old life she had crush on her senior who was very popular in the university but she never had a had a chance to confess so it stays as crush and the guy didn’t know about her so when originalMC transmigrate to the MC world she also got MC memories that how she recognized the crush.

13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad everything worked out for novel MC and transmigrate MC.

14. WagKalimutan

WagKalimutan Mpreg Lover, Married To Yaoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilerz :blobuwu:❤❤❤

15. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, okay so, I'm surprised this wasn't brought up at all, and kinda disappointed the closest that came to being brought up was pretty much brushed over. I just wanted to give a warning to anyone reading this novel, either keeping up with the TL or reading ahead via MTL:

The ML is just a violent rapist.

Okay that's a bit extreme but it's true... I'm not going to make a judgement on whether the novel is good or bad, or whether you should or shouldn't read it. Read it if you want, don't read it if you don't want. But there is a scene where the ML violently rapes the MC (somewhere around the 90s chapters I don't remember the exact number). Just be prepared for that if you're reading the novel. The exact set up is:

After the ML proposed to the MC on a mountaintop, the MC rejects him, tells him point blank that she saw An Yutong come back and that she has always known that that she's just a substitute for her, and then the ML gets angry and screams at her, making her run away in fear. She goes home and immediately packs her bags, takes out the marriage documents, the contract, and the divorce agreement, signs the agreement, then prepares to leave the villa. Just as she does, ML coincidentally comes home at the same time. They have a confrontation, ML becomes enraged once again. He agrees to the divorce out of anger and as MC is leaving
    he suddenly grabs her very violently and shoves her up against a wall. He demands sex from her, sort of as a final duty/severance payment from her. He's holding her so roughly it's painful. She struggles against him and begs him to let her go. He refuses and physically overpowers her, ignoring her desperate please. She eventually gives up because she does not have the strength to physically fight against him and allows him to rape her. He proceeds to rape her until she cries for several days straight. Finally she sneaks away when he's asleep.

It's more or less revealed a little bit after that, that one of ML's friends suggested he should "dominate" the MC in order to "force her to submit to him" in order to make her stay.

Anyway, just because they're the endgame couple doesn't stop this from being raped. He physically attacked MC, hurt her, ignored her telling him to release her and not touch her, physically overpowered her into giving up and submitting to him, and then is just [shockedpikachuface.png] when she still leaves him. :blobhyperthink:

ML is disgusting. I mean he financially dominated an innocent woman to trick her into marrying him without caring about her, just using her as an emotional replacement for his white moonlight, so that was obvious from the start. But anyway, just be aware of this going in. Read the story, don't read the story, like it, don't like it. I just want to let anyone who may be sensitive to these things (like I am, this made me sick to my stomach and made me drop the story) that this event happens. According to others, it's still HE so if you may still want to read it for the ultimate payoff, and that's certainly your right.

16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL-ed it, but I don't recall it was a rape scene? (though I could be wrong, that's the thing about MTL)

ML was pushy and it was probably dub-con if you want to get technical, but I remember that there was a clear point at which MC decides not to push him away and decides to give him this since she felt guilty.

Also, ML didn't trick her into marrying him. You're missing the transmigration part...I recall they were married already when MC transmigrates over and it was a transactional marriage between orig!MC and ML anyway.

So. Dub-con. Unless I'm remembering the wrong novel, but ty for posting a warning since it could be trigger-y for some people.

zozoshawky, Poor_Hero and sareenmomo like this.
  17. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say he tricked the MC. I said he tricked "an innocent woman" (the original Su Yaya -- before she was driven insane by jealousy/insecurity, she was basically just a small town girl in over her head swayed by money, I really pity her. While it was a transactional marriage they both agreed to, he definitely took advantage of the imbalance of power between himself as a CEO vs. her as a small-time actress with no career or support network, as well as overwhelming her with money imo). Sorry, I should have been more explicit.

RE: rape v. dubcon, YMMV.

Although it's MTL, and I don't know how the translation team handling it are going to approach it, this is the direct copypasta of the MTL:
    Shen Xiuqi had been standing there, not moving, and did not want to let it go. As Su Yaya pulled the suitcase and walked past him, he suddenly reached out and grabbed Su Yaya's arm with force. As soon as she pulled, she pulled her to her side, her tall body pressed over, and she pressed the whole person against the wall, and the suitcase fell to the side with a bang.

"What are you doing?" Su Yaya cried anxiously.

"Fuck you!"

Shen Xiuqi froze a handsome face, turning her whole body with her big hand, facing her back to the wall, holding her body in one hand to keep her from struggling, and the other hand started to pull her Skirt, picked up the skirt and pushed it up from the thigh to the waist, without tearing off her stockings and Xiao Nene ...

The beast untied the bondage, roared angrily, and rushed straight in with the anger, Expansion of the territory, all the way, straight to Huanglong, endlessly.

"You let go of me ..."

At first Su Yaya was still struggling, but unfortunately, the strength of the two was very different. Shen Xiuqi held her back. She didn't have the slightest struggle to do anything. In the end, she gave up the struggle.

I acknowledge that people can read things differently, and maybe the TL will soften it or just interpret the scene differently (valid of them to do either way), but here is my interpretation of that scene, taking cues off the parts I bolded to highlight:
    1. Shen Xuiqi grabs SYY forcefully/with violence.
    2. Su Yaya is slammed into the wall (the MTL often confused the pronouns and refers to SXQ as "she", thus I read it that way, but it may certainly be wrong and may be SYY backing up against the wall to escape him - not much better)
    3. SYY is anxious about this.
    4. SXQ tells her he is going to "fuck her", conveying he wants to perform a sexual act in rage/violence.
    5. He physically overpowers her to keep her from escaping.
    6. With a lot of expressed anger, he just kind of... shoves in. Granted, this is sort of unclear and may mean something else but it seems pretty questionable either way even if he's not literally physically "rushing straight in with anger".
    7. SYY tells him to let go.
    8. She struggles against him but ultimately gives up because he is physically stronger than her and she cannot escape.
    9. Didn't post the last couple chapters, but the MTL at least refers to her as "whimpering and crying miserably", "begging him SXQ to let her go" and (less damning since this is common, if questionable, phrasing in these novels) SXQ "bullying" her in his fucking of her.

This is MTL, it can be interpreted differently, and again, the TL may handle it differently in translation. It's up to each person to interpret this scene as they will, or see how the TL team handles it, and also up to them if this impacts their impression of the story. It's fiction at the end of the day, and people can often find overbearing-to-outright-rapey MLs sexy/titillating, and that's cool.

I know my original post came off as kinda judgemental, I was just having a strong emotional reaction and posting that right after reading the scene. :blobsalt:

Scapezz, Poor_Hero, Marane101 and 2 others like this.
  18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... coulda sworn the version I MTL-ed had a slightly different MTL translation. I wonder if the difference is in the versions our sites used? Authors often go back and edit their chapters so we could have read different versions (for ex, version 1.0 with rapey vs version 2.0 with dub-con). The one you're reading definitely comes off as rapey. :hmm:

I wouldn't swear off orig!FL as completely innocent? Again, this may be a difference in versions, but in the one I MTL-ed it was a fairly straightforward transactional marriage and both knew what they were getting into. Orig!FL just 'broke' the terms of their transaction by falling in love and trying to keep ML. ML didn't do anything to her personally other than divorcing, which they were going to do anyway. It was mostly the female protag (ML was ignorant except regarding the divorce). Female protag definitely not an innocent and was a bad, bad person.

Understandable lol, I've read/MTL-ed a few novels that I had to cool my jets before posting spoilers for. :blobxd:

Fuyuneko, Poor_Hero and zloi medved like this.
  19. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i remember, it was a contractual marriage where ML needed to marry for inheritance, and the original host knew that. The part that the original host didn't anticipate was that ML had a sweetheart and that she’ll return. I assume that she assumed that she will be in a loveless marriage, but in exchange, get the perks of being rich. She didn't realize that she might have to let it go one day.

20. evajoker13

evajoker13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, as I remember, he pursued her before and later he needed to get married for an inheritance, so he chose her coz he liked her. At that time she was in love with him, so she agreed.

Also, about the rapey part, it was present in my MTL. And after, when she was leaving him (or before the rapey part?), he told her something like I've payed for this (her body??). So he humiliated her as they broke up, but later he was really remorseful and wanted her back. I think it was his kind of return to her "I've never loved you", coz he did, so he tried to make her injured too (not physically)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020