Spoiler I am troubled that my fiancee is a villian

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Jun 22, 2018.

1. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Ryuunosuke Tsunashi’s Hoe

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, he wasn't really mentioned after the epilogue except that he was stripped of his right to the throne, and the second prince Selim was made heir instead, but there's still some behind-the-scenes fighting with the Queen faction and the Second Prince faction for a power grab. Also, Katerina is actually happy now (there was a limited edition extra story that comes with the first press of the light novel that talks about Ionius and Katerina), and it's implied/maybe said outright that they're a couple. Idk if that helps but eh, he got what he deserved.

If you haven't seen, I have finished translating the second arc (which is what I was referring to in that post you quoted I think). I started on the omakes just recently.

layyu, Ayame02, kimberlyt and 5 others like this.
  2. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figure I will elaborate a bit more about the OG!FL, Lila: (this is only through the epilogue of the first arc)

As was said, Lila never wanted to be Lila and it seems like she knew her identity since she was a little kid. It's also implied that her prior life was really, really tragic. Lila wasn't really happy much in this life either, as she felt like everything she was given was only because she was the game character, not because anyone actually loved her for her own sake. The only person that made her feel happy was her brother, who knew about her past life and was OK with it.

She also didn't want to romance the prince, but was manipulated into it by Alois and Viola. Viola herself is someone who reincarnated and chose to use her knowledge to manipulate things behind the scenes. Sort of like Lizia but without any actual good intentions. This all comes to a head when Lizia is attacked by a person stalking Lila. She discovers that he was manipulated by Alois, who was also manipulating Lila.

Lizia and Bern find Lila basically cooped up in her room. She firmly believes that if she doesn't fulfill the game plot, she will disappear. She's basically acting cuckoo for coco puffs, which Bern and the others think is a result of her being drugged by Alois so she would be nice and compliant. So the whole time when she seemed to be getting crazier and more desperate, it was because of Alois drugging and manipulating her. His goal was to become the head of his family.

He's heartbroken and willingly gives up position. As far as Katarina goes, he legit thought that she only wanted to be the queen and didn't think much of her. Lizia verbally smacks him across the face, shaming him. He also wanted to choose his own wife, as everything else had been decided for him prior to his birth, so he wanted his queen to be the one choice he made for himself. Katarina was someone who was chosen for him. This time Bern smacks him down, saying that all of this could have been avoided if he'd grown a pair and actually spoken up from the start about what he likes and doesn't like, as well as put in the effort to be heard.

So, one of the rumors was that Lila was a Duke's daughter. That Duke? It's the teacher, which Alois wasn't aware of. The teacher is pretty scornful of Alois and is present at his takedown.
    The game never mentioned his first love, but it ends up that his first love was his stepsister - and Bern's mother. Also.. he's the head of the kingdom's Intelligence Bureau, so it ends up that Bern had a LOT of firepower behind him that the queen was afraid he'd use: he was the illegitimate son of a kind and Duke's daughter, plus the nephew of the head of the Intelligence Bureau.

Alois attacks Bern with a knife. Cut towards the epilogue where there's a funeral for Bern, who fakes his death so he can live in peace with Lizia and strike a huge blow towards the Queen's faction. Evidently she had never really given up on trying to kill him, juts being so visible about it, as a letter from her to Alois implies that she was the one pulling the strings. The queen does get sort of what she wants, however, as the first prince willingly gives up his claim and the second prince is made crown prince.

Katarina takes over the Dukedom. She also starts hinting to Ionius that she wouldn't mind marrying him. Lilia voluntarily joins a monastery, but Lizia doesn't think it'll be permanent and that she might leave once she is more at ease with herself.

The bad guys end up in the prison that Bern went to in the original game, where they live in misery.

3. Xenely17

Xenely17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there any hint or did the teacher mentioned regarding girl on the painting behind Lizia? i was kinda curious of that..

syofiaa likes this.
  4. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember if it was ever spelled out, but the girl in the painting seems to be the stepsister. I'm not entirely sure why she was painted into the portrait, but I'd imagine that he likely saw some resemblance personality-wise between her and Lizia.

millieeee, layyu, Ayame02 and 3 others like this.
  6. Xenely17

Xenely17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohhh i see.. I thought it's kinda part of a plot twist (like he knew her past life or something because of his foreshadowing words :hmm::blobsmirk:) thanks for the spoilerss :blobmelt:

Sinistertwist likes this.
  7. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the queen also end up in prison ? Like will she receive the consequence of her action.

Boopbup likes this.
  8. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    I think back then becoming a nun(which means no husband,and devote urself to skydaddy) as a punishment when your a noble is shameful. Since nobles have a big ass pride, so basically becoming a virgin forever is shameful.

Lovina likes this.