Justification for infidelity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pass1478, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Staying in a toxic/bad relationship for the kids is way worse than a clean divorce.

Source: Guy with a few friends with divorced parents.

imK, Anra7777, Kutaifa and 1 other person like this.
  2. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not their own sake actually. Being in a abusive relationship where the husband and the wife cheated on each other can cause some physiological effects on their children. In some situations, holding on is more painful than letting go. Getting a divorce is probably the best way for the children to have a better and healthy environment growing up.

It's just my own opinion.

imK, Anra7777 and reagents 11 like this.
  3. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    The only justifiable way is if she's more beautiful than your current one.

And she should be in trouble with her family or is in danger of losing life.

if you saved her, then it's totally fine for you to have her.

just make sure to bang your womens head once in a while to degrade the intellect, so they can't think too much of your affairs.

Ps- don't do it, it's illegal and might ruin your reputation in the Jiang hu. :sneaky:

4. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is really a dillema. If we get on the specifics of things, it'll probably involve the legal route (who gets custody, if there's gonna be child support, etc.) Which is gonna be impossible to acutely determine at this point.

What they don't know won't hurt them (lol what an irresponsible thing to say, but it holds value in some cases.)

Yeah, i also think that a well-planned divorce should be the best course of action. If they handle it irresposibly though, the divorce may negativley affect them more than the current situation.

Da Xiao Jie likes this.
  5. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll say what they probably have realized but refuse to say. They don't want to be responsible for the bad action they need to take and it's consequences both to themselves and the children and it's easier to pretend that there is a status quo when it actually there isn't.

imK likes this.
  6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's true. But there is a status quo: the facade of a functioning family. But it's the easy route to take, which probably isnt good on the long run.

But damn. Who am i to say these things? Im just a young dude.
    (Just opinions, please dont flame)

7. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are treated horribly by your significant other but still love your children and don't want them to go through their parent's divorce?
    ...that's probably the closest you can get to justifying infidelity. Though it still sound bad regardless, so maybe you truly can't justify it completely.

8. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I went out of topic. I just hijacked my own thread. Damn it.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  9. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no status quo when you actually have no way to control them. Unless you have measure of definite control to the third party namely the cheating partner then there isn't really any kind of status quo there.

Status quo is only when you mutually have control to the situation/cases at hand and in which you can have measure of deterrent/punishment to the other party in case they are broken.

imK likes this.
  10. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Adhering to local customs is a perfectly justifiable reason for infidelity,

Refer to video link I posted before

11. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I see your point.

12. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe in the phrase that 'Murder is Nobler than Betrayal' and infidelity is a form of Betrayal. One of the worst perhaps.

13. Zettai Ryouiki

Zettai Ryouiki [V] H [Y]'s [♙] - "It's complicated."

Reading List:
    Link
    Ask. Not us, ask your partner. Relationship is two ways. What ones consider as infidelity aren't always thought as one by others. But in case you consider something as infidelity, then it is one for you. So you might want to tell your partner that you don't want them to do such thing. Point to consider, when you start looking for justification, then in most case you probably already thought it as something bad.

imK likes this.
  14. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious, is it better for children to have a broken family that's all but in name or to have divorced parents? I'm not gonna pretend like I understand what it's like to be in a broken family but if the parents are distant enough to cheat on each other, I'd rather they just break up. Or at least if I the one who cheated/was cheated on, I'd go for a divorce. The only reason I won't is if very inconvenient to do so.

imK and Anra7777 like this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't love your spouse and they don't love you (either a shotgun marriage or a relationship just got too cold for a family counsellor) then morally, it's justifiable, I believe. Morally

16. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let me see:
    if i went thought a series of castles and fought against it's lords to save her; after all it's all a fucking journey.
    If i join a vrmmorpg to find a woman i previous had a thing for who seems to be locked in it.
    if i bitch slapped some young master because they tried to kidnapped some girl who have jadelikeskin and she wants to repay the favor.
    i'm i save a immortal fairylike woman who have been trapped for millenniums and she wants to be advisor of the younger me in turning me a respectable member of adult society( :blobalert::blobalert: :blobalert::blobalert::blobalert: )
    i believe all of those above would be a nice justification for infidelity.

there is a lot more reasons but i thing this is not exactly what you are asking so:
    i'm gonna say that first it needs to 2 people to cheat, or better yet 3, if the guy and woman in the relationship are happy they would not cheat each other but then again there is multiple levels of cheating and in the open society we are living is important to talk about it between the couple to see where are the boundary because yeah for some even talking to your ex every other day because you guy's finished it as friends is cheating or if you just have a group of girl that are you friends but nor girlfriends and hang out with some of day they thing you are cheating, so it needs to see the boundaries first, there is a lot of crazy people out there nowdays be safe people.
    if there is only a sexual lust involved like the post from lychee that originate this one (at least in my view), there's a lot of people who is fine with it, some of then are even open about it nowdays other on the other hand, like the extreme cases i wrote above would kill you because of it, so in the end talking is always the answer.

About this problem of children's of divorced couples and everything else i recognize that there is a problem for divorced couples but the problem is because those "adult's" most of time can not separate their feelings so they project it on them and in the end they do insane things just to hurt the other even if it involves the kids and not because they are separate themselves, i find it is important to point this out since a good divorced couple who knows what is best for their children and do not try to project the problems they have for each other in them can safely raise them without any problems i have meet some people like this and have seen it, you would never see me speak something so **** like this before but i even put the blame on tv for this somehow, in the last decades of so we have seen a lot of shit shows showings divorced couples because is easy to implement some drama in the familiar dynamic level but this in fact what they did, they implement DRAMA that hurts the children by the act of their father, of course this does not come from tv alone but without doubt it reforces a stereotype about it and worse yet it molds a generation even at subconscious level.
    Not all children of divorced couple are dysfunctional and that sometimes being together to raise a kid is the answer and that is wrong, i have seen it and there other people that have seen as well as long the couple knows what is best for their children and stop to project their problem in them, everything will be fine, he will be perfectly 100% without any problems exactly the same as full fleshed couple children? of course not, not every couple is equal and so are their children.

this is the problem: when one of spouses start to use the children to avenger his/her feelings and not put children first or at least keep them where they should be that is their own safe environment, for fuck's sake for example i have seen couples of divorced families by cheating who forbid their spouses to see the kid: one of the main act to hurt the spouse but in the end hurts the children even more;some even ordered by judge to allow visitation still tries every time to make the spouse a living hell in those visits, like changing the visit on the last minute so he needs to cancel be a adult needs to work; cutting the visit short; simple having a fight in the middle of the visit, they do a lot of things so he give up on his children and before anyone comes saying both spouses does this: what the difficulty to make a reunion in a PUBLIC place if they are afraid of their spouse, so she or he can ask for help if any drama ensues and let they meet, hang out, this is just one of the many problems.
    I could go on and explain even more; and write even more but i thing is already long enough for a topic about cheating infidelity.

17. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: To both.

Speaking as someone whose earliest memories consist of her parents screaming at each other, I am so, so thankful they got divorced when I was 5, even though my mom didn’t want to. My father immediately remarried and their marriage lasted ten years. Even without my step mother saying a word, I could tell just how miserable she was. I didn’t want her to go away, but I supported her divorce 100%. Divorce is better than living a miserable life. Even if the parents try to hide it, the children will know, and will feel extremely miserable in turn.

18. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s like committing murder because your wife did it, there are no justification for willingly having sex with someone other than your partner without their consent. Instead of creating a toxic relationship that will almost certainly scar your children and most likely also hurt yourself even more than your partner already did, it’s better to end the relationship and find someone who isn’t a piece of shit to act as your children(s) mother/father.

Llamadragon likes this.
  19. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the father truly loves the children and want what’s best for them, then he wouldn’t be a cheating piece of shit to begin with. He should have confronted his wife and tried to get an open relationship if he wasn’t satisfied in bed but still loves her and if he didn’t love her then he should still confront her and try to find a solution(which might be a divorce).
    Children don’t suffer from a divorce unless one or both of the parents are pieces of shit, there’s plenty of people out there who grew up perfectly fine and happy despite their parents being divorced and with good relationships with both parents and their new wife/husband.

Da Xiao Jie likes this.
  20. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I'm also the kid of parents who didn't have a functional relationship. To my knowledge no one ever cheated, but they should've broken up years ago in my opinion, both of them would've been better off. They were just.. IDK, staying alive? Wasting another miserable day. That's not the kind of influence anyone should have on their children. They're both decent people when I'm alone with them, but together in the same room, it's like they both have their life sucked out of them.

The worst part? There was a time when I questioned if they'd be better off if I hadn't been born, because they'd have no reason to stay like that then. Don't expose your kids to that. Seriously, just don't do it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020