Discussion Q: Have you ever fainted? Or seen someone faint?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Feb 12, 2020.

?

Fainted?

1. Yes, I have.

44 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. No, never have.

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. No, but I seen someone else faint

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Eyyyy, I’m back and haven’t made a thread in a long while.

Today I fainted and I never did in my life before. I was laying on my bedroom floor daydreaming and got up too fast. Then everything became blurry just like a tv screen going static. Only thing I had in my mind was to go down stairs and grab something to eat or make myself a nice snack. But for whatever reason I went near the bathroom and collapsed right in front of my brothers’ door and the bathroom door.

It all happened so fast too. My elbow still hurts from the fall. But thank goddess I didn’t go to the stairs. I don’t know if I would be fine. It’s actually scary thinking about it. I already missed a step on the stair and sprained my foot. And that was a painful experience I don’t go through again.

Every now and then my left foot would ache but it’s fine now. I gotta me more careful from now on.

mir, kenar, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  2. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    as a kid i rushed into a pillar

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I slipped and fell at the back of my head when I was a child, got knocked out for a few seconds before I woke up and the pain registered.

4. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure you fainted due to low blood pressure. People can black out when they stand too fast...

mir likes this.
  5. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Ivizina79

Ivizina79 Well-Known Member Is An Understatement

Reading List:
    Link
    A few years ago, one of the residents at the nursing home that I was a unit manager at found me on the floor of my office. After waking up and going to the hospital, we come to find out that it was because of (we think) a tooth ache. I had a pretty bad abscess that I was not aware of and they think it just sent a flare of pain that knocked me the fuck out. When I woke up my jaw was hurting but I just thought I had fallen on it. Lol go figure.

mir likes this.
  7. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    I fainted after staying too long in the open bath at a hot spring. Apparently I said something like "Oh, it's getting blurry. I need to put my glasses back on" to my friend before dropping on the floor while I was trying to put my clothes back on. >.>;

ViburnumDraco, joey183, mir and 2 others like this.
  8. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Had food poisoning once that nearly killed me, fainted while talking to the doctor. Woke up with a tube down my throat and an IV in my arm about 4hrs later.

mir likes this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I did few times in the past

imK likes this.
  10. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my classmates faint while se where having lunch in Cuzco. I was eating and the next second he was already on the ground. When i asked him, he told me he didn't have memory of it.

mir likes this.
  11. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wha...why?
    Such an odd thing to do.
    If I hit my head you could always look at my siblings. They would be the most likely to cause me getting my hurt.
    Yes, I know this.
    Well, teeth are quite sensitive so it makes sense.
    Did you guys laugh about it later? My friends would tease me about this at any chance they’d get. As well my sisters. Except I wouldn’t find my glasses cuz I often lose em.
    yikes, did they ever find out why there was food poisoning there in the fist place?
    Maybe maybe there wasn’t enough blood in the brain process or have memory of what happened. Idk I’m no expert.

mir and 0000000 like this.
  12. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    +__+) She's actually my friend's girlfriend (now wife) and it was our first trip together. She's really nice and we were getting along well that day while hiking but the moment I fainted I got a taste of her real "angry mom" persona xD She started scolding me for not telling I was feeling unwell, called my husband, told me to keep drinking cold water. After we got back to our room she nagged while making fun of me.
    I think it was something along the lines: "Can you believe she asked for her glasses??? What's wrong with you!? I can't believe you're older than me!" After that, they made me lay down in the futon while they had snacks and drinks and watched tv.

joey183, mir, kenar and 3 others like this.
  13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a few occasions of blacking out.

One time, me and my brother were riding the bus home and slowly about to slip into the sleep when a speedy bike was trying to overtake a car and almost crashed on the bus. The bus had to tokyo drift but failed, turning the bus over and toppling to the sideways. Luckily, no one died and most of the passengers either have broken ribs or no injuries at all(Like some kind of miracle where barely anyone is injured or dead due to the crash it took. Another one of my mysteries that i have yet failed to solve). The only thing intact was my phone perfectly fine and no injuries even the damage i took at the crash was basically minimal or not at all apart from thr pain and blacking out for a few seconds.

Through the mental trauma of having eggs launched on your face left me undesired of eating any for a week or month, blacking out was barely minimal since i bonked my head on a glass and manage to brake it, even when i had just fallen from a far height and speed on the distance and manage to awake without any injuries and only a bit of pain(adding the fact with my brother next to me adding more weight to the fall).

This one was minda scary since i had been on a accident yet not only no one died, barely people had been injured and some smuck of the bike rider just cause an accident on the highway to still get away.

P.S. Don't ask how mysterious my existence to negate death since it only works when i'm around and i still can't fully harness the power yet...

mir and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  14. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, in the past. I fainted when I got up to do a high school presentation and walk to the front of the class. Never made it. The same day my father took me to the doctor. A bunch of blood tests later it turned out I had an undiagnosed medical condition. Fainting inadvertently saved my life.

Jeiyiii, mir, otaku31 and 2 others like this.
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised by the amount of Yes answers... Take better care of yourselves! >.<

16. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    no, haven't. but have seen people did. so i always get curious how it feels to black out.
    everytime i feel like fainting, my mind just Oh, do you feel a bit faint? NO! so i never really get knock out.

joey183, mir and Donutmindme like this.
  17. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I did once. I was on my way to another building at that time, and the next time I woke up I was in the hospital. The doctor said I fainted on the street, bcs lack of sleep and low blood pressure.. fortunately, all my belongings were still with me.. what if my laptop were gone? :sweating_profusely::notlikeblob:

Jeiyiii, mir and Donutmindme like this.
  18. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this counts, but time during secondary school at lunch time there was a guy who just fell over face first and started having a seizure.

After a few seconds he came to and a couple of his friends took him to the infirmary.

Also, I remember nearly fainting during a basketball training session when I was fairly young. We finished doing a drill and a guy went to hand me a ball and I just kinda stumbled back and sat down while my vision went all blurry and hearing went away. I sat against the wall and took deep breaths for a while and drank the water someone gave me before I went back to normal.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    mir, imK and Donutmindme like this.
  19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Elbow to a steel chair.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    ViburnumDraco, mir and Donutmindme like this.
  20. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity intensifies*

mir likes this.