Discussion Review my Sci-fi tech

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Feb 13, 2020.

1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Last poll cause me thinking about potential plot hole, maybe because creator not thinking other usage than its main goal, like they say guy create harmless thing and other ask if it can weaponized. so just tell me what did you think about this tech?

Inertia damper: there many ways to damper inertia and it used to counter the effects of sudden acceleration but most common used to generate counter force field using gravity manipulator

Hyperspace shield: special device that can create local anomaly with energy that coming from hyperspace, the object touch hyperspace shield is deflected to hyperspace. required hyperspace drive, has very short range and damage the drive

Phase cloak: move ship to alternative space (like submarine dive), so the potential damage just passing through without harming ship. The time on alternative space was faster that on normal, the ship that using phase cloak will giving blue outline of ship on visual sensor and experience sharp rise temperature. the ship can’t vent heat in other space so the ship can only temporary phasing, extensive cooling required.

Gravity shield: a device that allow the ship to create temporary gravity anomaly for deflecting projectile and laser. ineffective to another gravity-based weapon, required powerful computer to operate and has short range (unusually to 2-10KM from core depend on its size)

Particle shield: special particle that orbit around special bubble field that became solid and adsorb its energy when fast moving object approaching, require very careful harmony between emitter to keep shield up and recharge rate rate depend on particle generator. Effective almost to all weapon.

Cloaking module: device create special barrier that surround ship allowing radiation pass trough the ship causing its go invisible and at same time causing user ship blinded

Light projector: device that manipulate proton used as common display but not strong enough to became solid

Momentum shield: field can cancel movement of object at certain threshold depend on program

Mirror shield: generate same amount of force at target that impacting field causing it canceled each other

Graviton manipulator: device that manipulate gravitation particle to generate gravity anomaly depend on energy feeded

Gravity plate: lesser and cheaper way to generate gravity, by filling tile with special particle allowing weak directional gravity pull​

as limiter, Output Power = Energy Input while Maximum Energy Input=Size (impossible to have planet cracker size of cookie), i leave engine, power core, weapon and sensor category because its cluster F of 13 page that no one has patience to read it. so feel free think odd way to use this device

PS. Ship standard component is power core, drive, life support, Engine, inertia damper, sensor, data processor and armor while rest part is variate depend on manufacturer or buy from market.

wtfkjp likes this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Inertia Damper: I can use it to stop myself in space or in atmospheric flight, or I can cause danger to the ship itself if the tech somehow fucks up and I end up only stopping a part of the ship, cue rip and tear or compress as sardine cans.

Hyperspace Shield: more like a portal gun to Hyperspace where I can throw the hapless fool into another dimension.

Though to be frank, the HS is the only one that I have issues with, as it is often used as a FTL transport method instead of weaponry, unless you are using it as a gun.

Mirror Shield is basically just Reactive Armor or for Code Geass fans, Avalon's shield. If you want it to be an actual mirror, try redirect its vectors like the Accelerator or use TWICE the amount of energy while at the same time NOT destroy the projectiles.

I would assume the Gravity plates to be used inside of the ship instead of out, unless the tiles can also repel.

One final one, inertia damper and momentum shield, both are similar if not the same, except one is used for transport while the other as a defence system.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    girisuherman likes this.
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woo... creative destruction. My favorite. lol. And I think a speciality of the human race.

Inertia damper: Shine it on a building and watch the planet rotate below it while it stays stationary. RRRIIIPPP!!!!

Hyperspace shield: Woo, kill everything missile. Too big for a missile? RAMMING SPEED!!!!

Phase cloak: What happens when 2 objects occupy the same space at the same time? Or a way to put things where they should not be. Like a few megaton nukes into the planet crust for tsunamis and earthquakes or if big enough, deep into the core for a world cracker.

Particle shield: RAMMING SPEED!!! ....I'm starting to sense a pattern.... :D

Cloaking module: Big honking invisible cuise missile? Come to think of it, in the anime Full Metal Panic, one of the character's (Tessa) biggest mistakes she was "atoning" for was inventing a cloaked nuclear missile that got out and used on a city.

Graviton manipulator: You don't need to squash the ship, just the people inside. Or a city. *SQUISH!!!* Hose the place down, nice untouched city ready for new occupants, material being notoriously more G resistant than people.

The others, I've to think a bit more on how to abuse them. lol.

girisuherman likes this.
  4. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that you have a few gravity-related ones. I don't have any issue with the tech itself but when you decide to use it, remember that gravity affects other mass around and the effect gets weaker the farther from the origin. for example, assume you have a large spaceship. when a gravity pull appears at the front of it, the gravity that affects the front part will be much stronger than the ones at the back. if the gravity pulls appear suddenly, the ship might break apart from the difference in pulling force between the front and the back. so I think that every ship using gravity technology be it as a weapon, shield, drive, etc. must ensure it could withstand the effect on itself. so keep in mind that this would count as added upkeep for the ship (like diverting extra energy to gravity plate around the affected area to counter the effect).

girisuherman likes this.
  5. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, to think someone can figure out mechanism of Solian gravity armor from pieces of information

6. Tinkerlin

Tinkerlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the force required to shift trajectory for physical objects and lasers is going to be very different? in terms of power output... so maybe just limit it to projectile weapons.

so the cloaking module seems to function as an energy shield as well?

and now im wondering what happens when two mirror shield impact each other

7. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Why have I been summoned?"
    "You brought me back?"
    "How long must I suffer?"
    "Let this torment end!!!"

girisuherman likes this.
  9. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    girisuherman likes this.
  10. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    Inertia damper:
    following law of thermodynamic, this is possible, it is basically conversion of kinetic into an entropy, (note: entropy is basically unusable energy that kind of destroy the universe little by little, think of it like the smoke out of your car destroying ozone little by little)
    but with this, it can be said no harm can be done, if a malfunction happen, its just basically something exploding because didnt work properly or overheated. cannot be weaponized unless you make it like one of the movie scene where they intentionally sabotage this machine so that the ship will explode on the moment they use hyperdrive

Hyperspace shield:
    honestly i dont have any input here. but i think you meant that hyperspace shield which you use as a protection to travel can be used as a shield for actual harm. this is good, but i think it should be used if there are really no other choice because broken hyperdrive sheild= cant hyperdrive = stuck in cold space....this reminds me of avengers endgame scene where stark and nebula is stuck.

Phase cloak:
    this is beyond me, i couldnt think of any way to logically prove it or make use of it, but hot damn this sound so cool.

Gravity shield:
    this is plausible, and ideally will work great

Particle shield: special particle that orbit around special bubble field that became solid and adsorb its energy when fast moving object approaching, require very careful harmony between emitter to keep shield up and recharge rate rate depend on particle generator. Effective almost to all weapon.

Cloaking module:
    rather than radiation, light bending is the right way of doing cloaking module as light correlate vision. but other than stealth i couldnt think of dual use. using it as a protection agaisnt light beams is unusable as light beams also emits high temperature. its good as a using ragged clothes agaisnt bullet.

Light projector:
    you can make light saber i guess

Momentum shield:
    same as inertia damper: conversion of energy

Mirror shield:
    I like this! its like using newtons law the right way! so many possible use for this!

Graviton manipulator:
    now this is science. *black mesa wants to know your place*

Gravity plate: makes you walk on the ship (without need of assistance of wires or rockets).... in space!
    think of something like spiderman... use it as something to infiltrate a place.​

girisuherman likes this.