Discussion Ford vs Ferrari 50th Anniversary....dint know it happened...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tahzib1451, Feb 13, 2020.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    here i was playing Le Mans in project CARS for 6 hours and then took a break to see this awesome 50th anniversary comeback by Ford in Le Mans.....they did it again....

2. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you see the movie with bale and damon. I liked it quite a bit

tahzib1451 likes this.
  3. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i watched it.....a manly movie it was.....peanut gallery was screeching coz their was only 1 women in important role and she too had just a few lines....
    hated that marketing manager for having a personal grudge against Ken Miles coz he slandered the Mustang in his face.....

anon likes this.
  4. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    check whats the trurth coz its almost as interesting but wouldnt look as good on big screen

5. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    i have seen the youtube video named "The Actual Ford vs Ferrari" and the history is exactly the same except it says it was actually Henry Ford II who wanted a 1-2-3 finish and was not proposed to him by his manager.....but i am glad that Le Mans removed that stupid distance rule and made new rules for the future.....

6. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    the distance rule came up with 1 hour before the finish line

the whole selling the Ferrari to Ford is a dramatic bs in reality it was far more subtle and Ford was too petty to bid higher
    Miles wasnt forced out of the team in 1965 and his spot wasnt in question in 1966

Enzo wasnt attending the Le Man's races for a few years by that time so thats also only a dramatic change

and the 1-2-3 mutal finish was the idea of the marketing team but it wasnt to fuck with Miles since as i wrote at first they didnt even know about it

and there are a few other changes too

7. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right. God that broke my heart when he
    let the other cars catch up and rather than a tie he got 3rd and then he died.

8. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    Ken Miles came 2nd....he drove the No1 car....No2 came first, and No5 came 3rd....

9. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woops mistake

10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kit car companies like Superformance, Holman & Moody, and Cape Advanced Vehicles make licensed kit cars of the GT40. Called terms like "continuation car" or "replicar", these cars are as close to the original as you can get. 100% the same is pretty much impossible because there these replicar are road-legal versions of race cars and there are obviously standards needed to make a car road-legal. As the replicar's transmission, tires, and other parts are not the exact same, I would say a GT40 replicar is perhaps at least 95% the same as the original.