Discussion Is Coronavirus Dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aisha Ann, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard about coronavirus, is it dangerous? Death number is only 1,000. Why is whole China is lockdown? Why do China blame On Us for coronavirus. Why don’t they blame other country too? Why don’t they admit their mistakes? They Always blame on US. I heard China get virus from eating bat? Why do they eat that disgusting thing. Have they not heard Ebola?

2. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    is the common flue dangerous?

3. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those bitches will put everything in their mouth for "fun".
    Expecting China to admit their mistakes is expecting a bunch of students to admit them cheating in the exam.

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Dangerous is relative. Corona is contagious but not that lethal. If you got it but have a healthy body then you wouldn't be in anything serious.

Lockdown is for it to stop spreading in case of unknown effects manifesting.

5. BlaBla013

BlaBla013 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Numbers are likely bullshit, as in yesterday 15k cases were added. Why is china in lockdown? cause the numbers might be 20x from the 60k published now or even more. you dont lock down the country for 4k (around where the lockdown started) and 100 death. and about dangerous, if i understood correctly, its more about being able to infect alot of people easily so even if the death rate is low if you include alot of people then alot will still die.

Villager Anonymous and 0000000 like this.
  6. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What they eat is what they eat. As for dangerous? Sort of the death rate is still lowish fyi in the us alone the common flu kills around 60k a year. Corona isnt as bad but seems to have a better attack vector as in the infection rate is very high the incubation period to infection period is high as well meaning you can infect other people before you feel sick. But for now based on the numbers China has given it itself doesnt seem that bad.

Edit: as the post above me mentions with China you have to take any numbers they give and doubt them China just has a habit of refusing to be honest when it co.es to stats and such.

7. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Depend on the strain.
    MERS (camel flu) is very lethal strain of corona virus. 30-50% fatality rate.

imK and 0000000 like this.
  8. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    you lockdown a country cause, virus like this grow exponentialy, so if you have 1000 new case in 1 week, you will not have 1000 case in the second week but closer to a 100000
    if you want a more detailed analyses od this type of calculation watch this

9. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    The same reason people eat chicken, they've not heard of bird flu,
    Doesn't make too much sense now, huh..

10. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    The Corona virus isn't deadly on its own. It's the fever and pneumonia that come with virus that's killing people. Some places in China don't have the proper medical equipment to care for people with extremely high fevers and pneumonia, sometimes so high it develops into severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), so people are staying home and are dying at home. If someone had contracted the Corona virus but lived in a first world country like the UK or USA, they would probably be okay since those countries have the technology to help people get through the illness phase of the Corona virus. The fear is for those who live in countries that cannot properly give care for people with Corona virus (think Africa) and the spread and mortality rate of the disease in those countries where proper medical care cannot be received.

11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    As dangerous as pneumonia without medicine, as you know they still don't have a specific counter to ncov, that one in taiwan or something needs more testing

0000000 likes this.
  12. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

Nothing like having a bit of read through, and think for yourself if it's dangerous or not.
    Quite frankly, i think it is, but even common cold kills more every year than the SARS-CoV-2 (the Wuhan coronavirus).

13. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the virus is solely from fruit bat. You see, china is not the only country where there's minority that eat bat. In Indonesia some people eat bat too, even eat their food leftover such as mango. But our country not even have 1 confirmed case. I'm sure there are other minority in some country that eat bat too.

As for if it's dangerous or not. If you live in china, it's definitely dangerous because too many infected but not enough facilities. Outside china, the mortality rate is really low.

I hear that the virus hardly survive in warmer environment. So it will be wise to not travel before summer.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    White Head Ice Prince likes this.
  14. CarmineCalico

CarmineCalico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To all who want additional information: I recommend that you go listen to the Coronavirus episode of the Sawbones podcast. It is informative and easy to understand.

The tldr version: If you are living in the U.S., go get your flu shot as you are *much, much, much* more at risk of dying of the flu than the coronavirus.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  15. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    according my experience with google translate "chinese number" are never right....:sweating_profusely:

White Head Ice Prince likes this.
  16. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Scientist found virus from Anteaters (Trenggiling in Indonesian) have more similarities to current corona virus than virus from bat.

17. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Define dangerous? Death rate is only like, 1-2%, which is a lot higher than some things, but not very high compared to others. It's much more deadly than the Flu, but the Flu also infects millions upon millions every year, so it kills more overall. Which one is more dangerous? idk

18. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    If your immunity is weak, yes.

imK likes this.
  19. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    fuck off you scum

20. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel coronavirus is dangerous because we don't get know enough about it.