How many pairs of shoes is considered too many shoes?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Little Potato, Nov 24, 2019.

?

How many pair of shoes do you own.

1. I'm male and I own 1-5 pairs of shoes

41.3%
  2. I'm male and I own 6-10 pairs of shoes

15.2%
  3. I'm male and I own 11-15 pairs of shoes

6.5%
  4. I'm male and I own 16-20 pairs of shoes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male and I own 21-25 pairs of shoes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male and I own more than 25 pairs of shoes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm female and I own 1-5 pairs of shoes

15.2%
  8. I'm female and I own 6-10 pairs of shoes

6.5%
  9. I'm female and I own 11-15 pairs of shoes

4.3%
  10. I'm female and I own 16-20 pairs of shoes

2.2%
  11. I'm female and I own 21-25 pairs of shoes

2.2%
  12. I'm female and I own more than 25 pairs of shoes

6.5%
  1. Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet 『Gomi Delivery Service』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chief... I own three and would only ever use one. The only reason I have two others is for orchestra attire and I've yet to throw out the other one. I think 7+ is a bit much to have.

2. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I am teen-ager so I can't buy as I please though I have around 15-17 pairs of shoes which I have collected over the past 3 years since my shoe size stopped increasing...I plan To buy more and collect them over many coming years lol

3. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    1. 8 - 2 for exercise/sports, 2 for black tie/formal wear, 2 for business, 2 for casual/dress casual.
    2. More than you can afford to have.

4. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on how many feet you have :cookie:

5. fuqifeipian4

fuqifeipian4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to go crazy for shoes. The only sports shoes I own are one pair of filas, so it's mostly for vanity I guess. They're pretty fun to collect though!

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  6. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, lets see, woman here...

Two pairs of hiking boots, for warm and sub-zero weather respectively. Two pairs of more casual winter shoes. A pair of autumn/early spring shoes (one for winters,. A pair of rain boots. Probably still got that pair of vibram five fingers in a closet somewhere. A pair of casual summer shoes. And a pair of water shoes for beach/flood hiking use.

So... 9 pairs of shoes? A lot more than I thought actually. Despite the fact that I don't own a single pair of fancy party shoes or even a pair of sandals, lol.

EDIT: Make it 10 pairs of shoes. I still have a pair somewhere for construction work, with a toe guard and protection against stepping on nails and stuff.

I don't see why there would be an upper limit on something like shoes. "Too many shoes" is like saying "too many tools in the garage" lol, no such thing, unless you run out of space and/or money and it becomes a hindrance. All my shoes have practical uses and if I was interested in fashion, I'd probably have twice the amount.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Snowbun and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  7. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 2 pairs... and I should get a third cause my second pair is sort of destroyed.

8. INUHim-SAMA

INUHim-SAMA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Two pair of tennis shoes (one was a hand me down, the other I bought at Walmart and I just threw out after a year of use, so technically I own one pair of tennis shoes now)
    • One pairs of sandals (also hand me downs, although my father may have thrown them away during his winter purge)
    • One pair of water shoes (They function as crocs)
    • One pair of boots I have been wearing for the last four years (they don't see much light)
    • One pair of heels I got for a date (gave me blisters, never wearing again).
    I don't think too many shoes is considered too many shoes if you have a use for them. Personally, it does become excessive if you don't use them ever though. For example, my mother gets a pair of shoes for every visit she makes to the store because in that moment of time, she says she falls in love with the shoes:hmm: (never seen her look at my father the same way she does those shoes lol). My father does a purge every summer and winter so about half of her shoes are thrown away each time (10-20). They are perfectly good shoes that have never been worn or worn only once. We usually donate them or I take a pair or two because otherwise, it becomes a waste of money. So in conclusion, buy as many as you want because it's your money you are wasting but if you want to save some money, think about if you will actually wear those shoes or not.

9. GoneGretel

GoneGretel Sequence 8: Student of Ratiocination

Reading List:
    Link
    I only maintain 3 pairs :blobexpressionless:

10. Shirayuki..

Shirayuki.. 〖13th Princess Of Chaos♡〗〖Your Oneesan :3〗

Reading List:
    Link
    XDDDD

Deleted member 155674 likes this.