False danger of coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Suijin, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's called "Now there is an outbreak in Florida...", then you have to kill 100 Caucasians and you get the final achievement "Clean Sweep".

2. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, you could try to get people to agree with you in proper debate instead of insulting him. 100% of people who get insulted in debates never agree with the person trying to convince them.

Dat_Karma and kenar like this.
  3. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    It hasn't only killed the immuno compromised and newborns and elderly so technically it's lethal. Currently at less than 10% of known cases.

I myself don't blame it on Chinese citizens or people of Asiatic descent. It just another case of poor government response and media induced paranoia. Not saying people shouldn't worry about getting it but it's not as terrifying as the media is portraying it.

sufod01 likes this.
  4. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think China has a bigger concern on the danger of this virus vs. the U.S. Even if just one person with this virus died in the U.S., that is one too many.

5. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i totally agree with you i'm feeling the same, i should have been more accurate in my reply.

6. Invisalats

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the lock down was absurd and did nothing but cause panic festival or no festival.

Using just the flu is also odd as even though I'm no expert at all I'm pretty sure there are multiple types involved while this outbreak centers on just one strand now known as corvid 19(?). Plus you are comparing a newly emerged virus to the flu which is world wide in it's impact and the number of people infected every year is immense. Truthfully they aren't comparable in scope at all currently.

You also contradict yourself, in saying not everyone is in danger, but the alluding to the fact viral lung infections kill. Also ffs stop saying it only kills certain people cause you're completely misinforming people as with the flu and any other lung infections your actual level of health can not guarantee anything. Perfectly healthy people die of all sorts of seemingly harmless infections by not seeking proper care and some even with proper care. So excuse me if I don't replace the extreme paranoia the media tries to induce with the polar opposite.

reagents 11, Nightow1 and kenar like this.
  7. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    People around the world die every day so one is not too many.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  8. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the guy that died was being held by China. China was the one that said a us citizen had died in wuhan.

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah general media like that really even my country which is on asia do that
    nope
    when it occur it happen near china new near, china have tradition to visit relative, friend or something like that on that time~ people moving around may reach millions~ sure on locked cities maybe reach around hundreds of thousands people go in and out~ at that time it still unknown how serious(deadly) this new virus~ we also need to consider past event such as SARS~ imo china did right thing lock cities~ before throughout investigations
    have you read the news? people which evacuated from china some country actually quarantine them~ japan government even pressured by it people cuz not do that, kinda weird cuz japan is first country evacuate it citizen out of china~ now they quarantine them~ quarantine is the exact thing china do toward city lockdown
    hence idk why you think such thing weird~

10. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Our media is pretty chill over here. You get the odd pocket of fearmongers here and there, but they get slapped to the back of the queue as they should be.

11. Invisalats

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant is the lockdown still caused panic. By that time it was relatively pointless as they had tried to keep it under wraps that it was highly contagious and could be dangerous. They already knew it could be bad as they had been informed by their own Doctors but chose the same route they went with SARs which is keep feeding misleading information in the hopes they can stop it before it gets bad.

There is a reason they censored and punished a doctor who leaked the information. He later died of complications from the coronavirus covid 19.

In the end by the time the Chinese government was forced to admit there was infact an actual problem how many people were exposed? I mean yeah they are releasing estimates on infections but I'll be realistic in saying they have a track record in falsifying information so I'm not sold on the info coming out of China through their government and government run news.

I'm pretty fair in criticising their handling of it, to be honest the US government often makes a mess of things as well and I find it just as irritating.

Ai chan, imK and kenar like this.
  12. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    The lockdown at this time isn't for information control, it's to stop further spreading of the virus. At this time, there have been clusters of cases appearing with people that have not gone to China, which means that the virus is spreading beyond China already. A lot of other countries have implemented lockdowns to slow the spread too, not just China.

imK and Invisalats like this.
  13. Invisalats

Reading List:
    Link
    I just meant their timing was slowed, and yeah many other countries have now instated lockdowns. I wish governments would do a better job in response to things like this, we already know viruses have been mutating quite fast and they haven't exactly been becoming less harmful.

imK likes this.
  14. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I can vouch for sure we won't now and in the future. It'd be considered potentially racist so we'd rather cross our fingers and hope for the best.

15. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    No it isn't known that virus mutate very fast that's bacteria.

16. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard there were a healthy 15-year-old and one that was a 35-year old that died and both are healthy.
    and the 35-year-old was the famous doctor who was a whistleblower.
    So maybe age factors don't exist?

Nightow1 likes this.
  17. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    The age factor is based on their average health and immune system. There's a lot of immune system compromised by factor irrelevant to age such as weakened by smoking, unhealthy diet or habit etc and these vary per individual.

imK and Nightow1 like this.
  18. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    ssRNA (single strand RNA based) virii mutate very fast, much faster than bacteria that has a more stable circular/plasmid DNA structure.

Invisalats likes this.
  19. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget the bad luck of a secondary infection or the lack of a specific antigen to combat that infection by nothing but bad luck.

reagents 11 likes this.
  20. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    The virus will mutate and then the next thing there's zombies everywhere!

[​IMG]