LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its actually different. Seol's body was recovering from him overusing a power his body couldn't handle and him getting beat up. the way its worded in this chapter Yuhui still has "debt" from borrowing so much divine power. i believe its more spiritual then physical like Seol's injuries were and has to be recovered from praying and giving offers instead of just resting like Seol did. from what we've been shown priests in this world aren't honestly all that strong and seem to have to do a lot to heal and they cant do it often.

2. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that’s what I meant. A warrior’s performance depends on their physical abilities along with their mana level (moreso for Seon’s job line which emphasizes the use of mana to boost their stats) while a priest depends on different factors. I was only comparing their situations in how their performance at the time was below what someone of their level should be capable of and also in the midst of recovering. For Seon, his body simply needs to rest. For Seo, she needs to pray and make offerings.

My point being that their ranks were still the same, just that they weren’t/aren’t going to be able to perform at that level for a while, and exercising/using divine power would just make them regress and weaken.

3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya i guess in a broad sense its the same situation. i wonder if the reason priests get such bad backlash for using their powers more so then any other class is because they're using the gods power to heal people and that indirectly means the gods are effecting things and thus it triggers the law of casualty that the gods have to follow. so to counteract the law they have priests present offerings so things don't tip even more so towards the parasite queens favor

4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One possibility, but not one I think likely. I think it more has to do with the fact that they're directly channeling Divine energy through their bodies. Their level represents the amount of divine energy they can handle until their body starts breaking down. My reasons for thinking this are due to what we learned about the Parasite Queen's Divinity underlings. Anytime they full use their divinity, they have to go hide for a couple of years to recuperate. I'm thinking the offerings are basically pseudo contribution points that allow the Gods to heal them their bodies faster.

Today's Crazy Theory: The Sins have only so much energy they can use which is derived from the amount of worship or people who follow their commands. Contribution points are basically an artificial construct that the Gods use to measure how much energy a particular person has generated for them. The gods then use a % of that power to reward the person and keep the rest for their Divine Tasks (whatever those entail.) So offerings are basically a way to infuse more energy to the gods.

tkato likes this.
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thats a good point. do you think then that means the executioners can also use divinity in the way the parasite queen's underlings do to power up massively?

6. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to the level of the Parasite Queen's Divinities, but yes. They're basically special level 8's, where I would put the Parasite Queen's Divinities to special level 9's or 10's. And by special I mean they can directly channel the God's divine energy, where a non-special would be relying specifically on their own abilities.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  7. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here’s a quote from 179
    In essence, yes. The whole point of being an Executor is that they receive divine energy from their respective gods to power up. The Parasite Queen’s Army Generals, however, directly possess the divinity of the gods the Parasite Queen devoured. So the Executors only get as much as is bestowed upon them, but the Army Generals get overloaded when they unleash the power of the divinity they hold.

tkato likes this.
  8. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Hugo, he is never going to get any recognition...

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wait until his weapon gives up her body to him. Once he’s mindbroken that axe, he’ll be on the rise!

10. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Level 5 gorilla warrior

11. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. I just remembered that Agnes’ legs got ripped off by Humility, but she seemed just fine when she visited Seol while he was recovering. Guess her legs got reattached or regrown? Has it ever been mentioned that it’s possible to regrow limbs?

12. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yuhui heal her, her name isnt mentioned but she heal her along the other injured ppl while searching for our MC

13. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was mainly asking on the method of healing; whether the limbs needed to be reattached or entirely new legs were grown.

14. Jofausto

Jofausto Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sick of Hugo, useless as always

15. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter, yay.

Suddenly reminded of that High-Ranker Pathfinder who died in the banquet. She was supposed to be “The Guardian of Eva” (also, she got replaced by Marcel, so I guess that means she originally would have become a part of Seon’s group, or at least a team affiliate; unless the gods were only speaking of having a significant Archer presence in Paradise rather than planning out members of Seon’s side), so I wonder if she was originally going to be the one who would clean up Eva of those “two evils” mentioned in this chapter? Guess Seo will have to pick up the slack with her gone.

Also, anyone have any ideas on what the new organization name will be? Golden Commandment seems like an obvious choice.

16. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally Maria's joining now were just missing Teresa, hopefully she isn't really left behind. Also i wonder how getting the neutral zone is decided. Sounds like its decided by the Gods and contribution points maybe play a role? Either way i bet the neutral zone arc will get them a new member (magician is what they're missing but that feels a little too easy given how rare they are and how small they'll be as an organization. that and pretty much everyone invited already has organizations they're signing to.) and then the other thing the neutral zone will do is power up the current teams power since they get to train there as well.

17. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s been mentioned before that whoever gets the Neutral Zone is pretty much already decided, and it only really matters if the organization decides to give up their spot. With how confident Kim Hannah is acting, then yeah, I’d agree with you that the gods pretty much choose the hosts themselves (they did create the zone themselves, after all). Otherwise, if it was something that could be bought with money, even with Seon’s recent windfall, I don’t think they’d be able to get a spot.

I wonder if we’ll find out the origins of that impossible mission’s area, or if that was just a throwaway scene just meant to show what the past was like.

I mean, the Invited are different from the Contracted, as they have the freedom to reject signing on with the organization that brought them. Hence the two contracts Kim Hannah gave Seon once he left the Neutral Zone. Plus, some people would be glad to give up one of their Invited if it meant creating a connection with Seon, I think. Higher chances if it’s a smaller organization, or an org on the scale of White Rose, since the guild leader did want to connect himself to Seon even putting aside that issue of sharing the blame of being ruin snatchers. You are right, though, on magicians being rare, but it’s not like the inviters would know the magic aptitude of the people they invite before they’re evaluated and given jobs by the gods. Seon will probably get lucky, especially since he talked about finding a newbie from the Neutral Zone to give the Dream Witch’s inheritance to.

18. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya i agree its definitely set up for him to find one in this neutral zone. although i do want to point out Maria also went to the neutral zone even though she isn't part of Cinzia's group so either the God's picked her anyway and added her or the more likely thing is Cinzia brought her with them for a price. which could be something Seol does with someone like Hao Win to deepen relations with another organization, at least before he starts cleaning up paradise by kicking out humans lmao. also to answer your other question about their org name Golden Commandment is a really good idea by you and makes sense, but is kind of cringy lol. Seol does have a thing about cool sounding names though as seen with him and Gula so it'll either be golden commandment or something over the top that sounds cool to him lol

19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I think how the neutral zone works is based on contribution to paradise during past half year. I am sure the gods don't want hosts which are gonna betray the trust. So while each organization has their own interests, they would still be the better ones.

Hence why Hannah can say no matter how many organizations show up, they will win 100%. Cause who can beat the contribution of killing a commander?

Maria was probably brought in cause they needed priests. It's also possible that Maria was owned a favor from some prior incident. And she used that favor to weasel herself in.

tkato likes this.
  20. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Also remember that who controls the Neutral Zone has nothing to do with the stamps that invite individuals. Also remember that even those who weren't involved in the Neutral Zone training can still negotiate with those who have better than a Red Stamp at the end of the training. There are benefits to being the host of the Neutral Zone of course, but stamps tend to hold more overall value. Almost none of the named characters during the Neutral Zone arc actually went to Cinzia's organization.

tkato likes this.