Recommendations System novels with romantic subplot

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fakhruddins, Feb 13, 2020.

1. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m looking for novels where the mc has a system. The stronger/more useful the system the better. There has to be some romance but none of that romance drama bs. The mc has to be someone who only likes 1 person and that person only likes them. None of that love rival bs. Also none of the cliche where the mc has to separate with the ml for like 50+ chapters pls. Mc can be male or female. No boys love/yaoi/shounen ai

Tldr;
    -Mc has system
    -Romance
    -No love rivals
    -No yaoi/boys love/shounen ai
    -Mc doesn’t separate with ml for 50+ chapters.

Edit :
    I didn’t mean that only mc has a system. I just mean that mc has to have a system, its fine if everyone else has one or the same one as well

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got nothing. I can't think of any novel that fits this criteria at all. Heck the Romance with no romance drama bs already kills like 99.9% of novels alone.

AMissingLinguist and Zomula like this.
  3. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...
    - God of Cooking (KR). Male MC, chef. Gets system which allows him to see recipes and ingredients of dishes. Uses it to compete on Masterchef, and develops romance with one of his competitors there.

- I am a Matchmaker on Taobao (CN). Female MC, actress. Gets system which allows her to see destined romantic partners and quality of marriages. Sets up an anonymous online channel for both matchmaking and gossip spreading.

otaku31 likes this.
  4. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
    I Might Be A Fake Cultivator A decent novel, no harems, there's only one female lead and the protagonist is 100% loyal to her, rejects any other females and doesn't act as retarded Xianxia harem males do

5. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where only MC has a system? Or so you just mean that the world runs in some sort of combat system or something?

Try Douluo Dalu if you want some sort of leveling system by which this world's combat works. It's done really well and simplistically, more or less like video game leveling with 100 levels max rather than those those complicated cultivation systems. Every 10 levels they need to kill a monster and take it's power and then they can use that monster's power as a skill. So it's actually quite a simple but interesting system where every character is unique. It's got some of the best team battles I've ever read in a novel, and I usually don't like combat in novels at all. The romance is one of the best aspects here. The main characters are really devoted to each other. They meet at childhood and from there spend most of their lives together (except the part where the MC went into training and FL went into hiding...but that didn't last for very long I think).
    There is a part where you can say they separate but not really, the FL basically gives her life to protect the MC so she ends up destroying her soul or something? I don't remember. Anyway, she ends up in a half dead state where her body is alive and can react but has no soul. During that time and even after that time the MC never let her leave his side though so it's not really separation....also, spoiler within spoiler, the FL's soul was in him all along!! It was not written off as a big reveal in the story, but I felt it was some sort of a big reveal cause I sure as hell was surprised and happy when that came out. lol

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria has a system that only revolves around the main character, (this is a spoiler BTW. You'll only find this out at the end...but you'll still not understand what the fuck I'm talking about till it's been revealed so I guess it's not really a spoiler? haha) It doesn't give him any power but it's a really complicated and well thought out system. It's a great novel. Kinda felt like Mirai Nikki to me even though it's not similar in any way. (Same vibe I guess...? Also probably the smart as fuck characters and the brain games and death and all that. Similar to Mirai Nikki in that way. The romance is probably similar too...with the MC being the yandere this time...though he only becomes a yandere when he realizes he loves the FL...and that happens WAY later in probably the last volume.)
    MC literally kills himself millions of times over and over again just to remember the FL. And the FL is also really cool. She decides to stay with him and devote herself to him even when he basically becomes mentally crippled. There is a separation. MC gets trapped in a dimension for thousands of years basically (where he kills himself to remember the FL and kills the whole world to try and find a way out...he really becomes yandere as fuck)...but it's also over in a few chapters and no time passes in the real world so it's not that long of a separation from the reader's standpoint. lol

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My House of Horrors - Fenale lead is a yandere ghost literally haunting the MC's shadow, you can't top that. MC will literally die if she falls too deeply in love with him