Discussion Checklist for Villaness Otome iskeai

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by theilikepie, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay tell me what points they do fill form my checklist. I'll eat a sock if it's less then one third

Read my list again. Every novel has more than half of all of the things on the checklist. 3 of the points will always be present by default and the rest vary but are 80 per cent present. And i said that I favour the villainess is one such example of criticizing nobility.

Not my fault you don't have proper reading comprehension,

2. Alina AquaRegilia

Alina AquaRegilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GOD! I always think about this whenever I read an isekai manga and I cant help but be all icky and awkward for the MC.They just come in and take away their imperfect life without any regard for the original host.Like I would be mad guilty if I ever did that and that is not just limited to the villianess genre. Take WMMAP (Yeaaah! I know I use this as a reference a lot but hey! I hate it that much) Athy really just went around sipping tea with the guy who tortured and killed the original owner like girllll! which planet are you from?Don't they have morals in South Korea.
    And what is worse is that usually in most cases the villianess is like that because she was abused or not raised properly.Don't take me wrong.I am not telling that the previous villianess was not at fault because most of the times she did act in a vile way but its just that whenever the MC possess the villianess everyone(quote "her abusers") starts treating her nicely and its like it was the original villianess's fault that she was abused which does not sit well with me.
    Moreover the prince or the villianess's fiance now loves her cause hey why not and i cannot help but feel bad for the villianess.Yeah sure you were a shitty person because someone hurt you.Yeah you continued the cycle of abuse but daaamn! It must hurt like a bitch to see someone live YOUR life how YOU always wanted to live while being loved by the people who hated you and the people whom you wanted to love you and most disgustingly, your abusers. Villianess or not no one deserves to see that and besides most times the villianess did not do something as extreme as genocide or rape or kill poor people and eat their children.Most times she was just an arrogant bitch(which is pretty accurate representation) and just harasses the original herione. Like hey I hate bullies but isn't this taking it a bit too far
    Everyone forgets about the original host and that is just too sad.
    (PS-I am not saying that every story does that just most.So please don't come at me saying there are exceptions.I just think that this is a moral dilemma that should be adressed. I think it will give more depth to the story and will be very interesting to read and if you know any such manga or manhwa or whatever please recommend.)

Pikiliu likes this.
  3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a February thread. Let it rest.

Locked for necro.

AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.