Discussion Is Coronavirus Dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aisha Ann, Feb 13, 2020.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep...during mating season they’ll hump anything. Your ears will be violated.:blobfearful:

Nightow1 and imK like this.
  2. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see anything about China blaming USA for coronavirus but i see a lot of people blamed Chinese for coronavirus because they mistakenly believe that the speculation that it come from bats hence transmitted by consuming one.

I see a lot of people using the epidemic as reason to bash Chinese and their government lately despite their much much better capability to contains and keeping them under control.

ongoingwhy and GDLiZy like this.
  3. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get why people are bashing China over the coronavirus either. They got unlucky, it's not like they asked for it to happen.

Nightow1 likes this.
  4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You make it sound like groups of people are logical. They ain't. Look up "Red Summer" in US history where whites started race riots and lynching then said it's the fault of the blacks and "they started it" when in fact they were the ones that started the riots.

Once you hit a certain "critical level" in a mob, logic goes out the window. Though the "level" for some people is One.... lol.

5. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. New Zealand's history isn't clean either. Some of the dialogue that has come out of people I've met irl lately has been infuriating. One of them was even acting like it was a pre-meditated attack. On themselves? Lol.

6. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinas being bashed because their being china which means they fumbled the outbreak delayed reporting to WHO and what stats they do release given how much the chinese gov coverup fuckups are questionable at best. For example at the start they said it wasn't a big issue but the reality is you dont rush build 2 entire hospitals from scratch in 12days for a minor problem.

Villager Anonymous and Aisha Ann like this.
  7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe there is also a part of the media that has been conditioned too long to always look for an "enemy" to bash and in the past few years as China started chipping away at US dominance, China has become target number 1 for any jingoistic American nationalist, logical or not (usually not). It's a side effect from the near non-stop fighting that the US has been doing since the end of WWII and I suspect that the media and public has developed some sort of Palovian reflex that they need to have an enemy.

8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. At the start little are known about the virus.
    2. They built one another and complete one that already close to completion.
    3. None said it wasn't a big problem but they do informed people in the language that intended to not cause panic. Imagine an infected carriers spread across the world because they're fleeing the ground zero ? Any country that isn't on their level of industriousness would fall especially those that has high population density such as India.

Lastly i dont know when WHO are informed of new virus outbreak but i start following this topic closely as early as 6 January and first case are only reported late December. Incubation period of the virus are 2 weeks or more which mean during the course of a month on their initial discovery it wouldn't be clear how severe the epidemic can be no matter who handled them. The circumstances during the outbreak as well is of national holiday of Chinese new year an occasion where people transfer are large.

imK likes this.
  9. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    See I thought this had a lot to do with how it was handled. Let's be realistic and not bullshit ourselves here: How many of us would have sat still in Wuhan and trusted in the government to take care of the problem? Many people would flee to try and save their own lives and I wouldn't blame them. The spread could have been much, much worse if they hadn't acted as they did. I'm not a particular fan of the Chinese government, but this is one of those greater good scenarios to me.