Japanese For those who want romance.

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by anonymous M.K. 42, Feb 14, 2020.

1. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Kimi ni koi wo suru nante arienai hazu datta(Koinante)
    Raw Link:-

NU Link:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kimi-ni-koi-wo-suru-nante-arienai-hazu-datta/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I particularly don't read romance. I'm someone who's more interested in stuff with action, tactical planning and other stuff that's r-18(see my other pick up request for more info). The development of this novel is pretty good so far and i believe it would be a shame to just let it stay untranslated. More than a year since last chapter translated and no news from the translator if he/she gonna continue translating.

Description:
    A plain guy who attends a prefectural high school in Minamisou in the Chiba prefecture, Iijima Yasuki, lived through gray days in his Science class.

Despite this, on the last night of the study training camp just before summer vacation, he helped the school’s number one beauty, Kitaoka Ema, when she was in trouble.

Now for some reason Ema has become pleased with him. However, she only talks to him outside of school. In the classroom she pretends not to know him.

Just what is Ema thinking?

There is a hierarchy in the school, with a disparity between a plain-type glasses boy and a flashy-type girl.

Two existences that were supposed to run counter to each other; a passing love story.

Fluffy Jellyfish likes this.
  2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never liked this trope. I get that weebs and loners have a hard time socializing but this makes me cringe so fcking much everytime I read/watch it.

An Anime Addict likes this.
  3. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, welcome to the real world.
    Even if you're not a weebs nor loner, it's still nerve-wrecking trying to talk to a beauty

An Anime Addict likes this.
  4. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it's a setting but the female lead seems shallow? Can't find the right word. She ignores him in front of others to maintain her image. I get what it is but still, doesn't give me a positive impression.

5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh it's a typical teenage high school behavior. Absolutely not worthy of a positive impression, but part of a good story is growth and realizing that certain behaviors aren't good for you. The trick is to see if she shows growth later on.

6. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not talking about that, I literally quoted dis: There is a hierarchy in the school.

What I can't stand is the drama about feeling inferior/unworthy of talking to/asking out someone.