Resolved Knights & Magic anime to novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nefasdetestasti, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, everyone!
    I'm sorry for being such a lazy person but I would like to ask for some if anyone knows which chapter in the
    novel did the anime end with. it would help me a lot if someone as kind and wise would give this little me the info for that.

IamMeowChie likes this.
  2. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime skipped a lot of details in the novel, so i think its somewhere around entering volume 3.

Although, i am going to strongly suggest you to read from scratch. You'll get different kind of feelings.

I read the novel first, after few years, anime came out. You can definitely say that i might be a big fan of this novel too, but after watching the anime adaptation there's this result.

What result? I was disgusted by how bad an adaptation it can be. In all isekai novel-adapted anime, KnM anime can be said the worst adaptation i've ever seen. Worst animation, a lot of good, important details were left out, a very rushed adaptation, at least 2 whole volume in a 12 episodes series?

I am so angry at the people behind this anime adaptation which i watched while bleeding my eyes.

3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to actually tell, honestly. As far as i'm aware, the anime might have adapted (rather shoddily) at least the first seven volumes (as they had been published by that time) but may have included more if the author had any involvement in the production.

edit: it might possibly be less. the fan TL has been fairly haphazard and scattered that it's hard to get a solid idea of the arcs as they relate to the LN (which is what the anime was based off of).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Havisu and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  4. Nefasdetestasti

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, ty!

5. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you dont even read the novel its got to the point where the translation was sooo bad i had to stop. Honestly i couldnt read it. The manga where they invade the opposing invaders its that point where the novel sucks, unreadable garbage.

6. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome. But i hope you're not discouraged from how badly i talk about the anime adaptation. It just shows how much good the novel version really is, only to have that shoddy adaptation, of course, everyone gonna be angry.

That said, please give reading from beginning a try. Everything will be new to you. Even how ernesti die and reincarnated and how his motivation makes even you motivated for the whole day, are something that anime failed to replicate. Good luck on crazy isekai mecha adventures

Passerby and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The skythewood one was ok and the 15 second translation one is poor but readable. It's very specifically the Baka Dogeza one that is utterly terrible. Not all translators are equal. When skythewood dropped the series, quality became ... very bad. In fact there were a lot of protests on Sky's site asking him not to hand it over to Baka as the first few translated chapters from Baka showed a very severe lack of understanding of the language.

jimmy1989 and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  8. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a pity the translation was taken over into mtl garbage and then died off completely.

Nefasdetestasti and Sabruness like this.
  9. Nefasdetestasti

Reading List:
    Link
    So the latest chapters right now are badly translated?

jimmy1989 likes this.
  10. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    totally agree. Skythewood did a hell of a great job when they were the TL and i just dropped it when an MTL'er took over.

Nefasdetestasti and jimmy1989 like this.
  11. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    That baka dogeza only uses google translate and never even tried editing things when i was still reading.

Well better read around vol 3/4 for clearer options. Since things were fast forwarded in the anime. The manga is also good option.

Nightow1 and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  12. jimmy1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup literally the same loved it and was my go to as well as Overlord at the time. When the novel was ruined i tried sooooo hard to carry on reading but honestly 3 chapters in my brain couldnt function or even make out what its meant to be. Like some MTL you can get by but this MTL in this literally took a dog poop, smeared it all over and then dumped in a cat poop with furballs all over it.

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  13. Nefasdetestasti

Reading List:
    Link
    OH no!
    What should I do now!?

14. jimmy1989

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try and read it lol feel the pain and torture we went through!

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    aside from the brain-bleaching MTL, hope to gork it eventually gets licensed.

Nefasdetestasti and Nightow1 like this.
  16. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, don't insult dog and cat poop, they serve a function. Which is more than I can say for his MTL.

Not joking Nessy, it really was that bad.

Havisu, jimmy1989 and Nefasdetestasti like this.
  17. jimmy1989

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean theres that goblin mtl one where he starts his own mercenary in a forest etc. And that was mtl and readable or can depuzzle! And yeah poop can be used for fertilizer except this mtl is just a waste of digital space lol

18. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems you haven’t seen the anime adaption of Tales of Demons and Gods. Now that’s the worst lol

Sabruness likes this.
  19. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't even read the novel version yet lol
    But at least for wuxia to get anime adaptation, that in itself is amazing.

20. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is this post becoming a place to complain about translations?

As far as i remember, Baka Dogeza or some other translators took up the FREELANCE job of translating the novel because nobodies did. They even said that if there's anyone who can do better translation or would like to collaborate with them, they would gladly agreed to pass/share the work.

Moreover, don't forget that even Skythewood said that this novel is very taxing because there's a lot of weird terms, even the names are hard to translate. So stop expecting some new translation groups to give you the very quality translation as some very experienced and well known translation group.

While its true their translations aren't the best, they did good job trying to mtl some complicated, taxing novels.

Imagine this, a group of newbies tries their best to translate and meet the bare minimum of the readers, versus the some of the well known groups who only "reserved/bookmark" the novel as if they owned it, translate the early chapter only or didnt translate at all, and doesn't let other translation group to pick it because they might "one day" translate it. Which one is worse? Before speaking about how mtl ruining the novels, how about talking if it will ever be translated until completion at all?

Of course, i didn't imply this to skythewood, baka dogeza, or any translator related to this novel. I am saying all this in general.