Discussion Q: Have you ever fainted? Or seen someone faint?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Feb 12, 2020.

?

Fainted?

1. Yes, I have.

44 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. No, never have.

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. No, but I seen someone else faint

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

Oopse..I thought you said “farted”...:facepalm::ROFLMAO:

imK and Donutmindme like this.
  2. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    Once when I was about 10 I was playing tag and wasn't paying attention and slammed into a pole. Next thing I knew I was lying on the ground with two friends beside me trying to figure out if I was okay-20 or so seconds passed of which I have no recollection of

Other than that I don't think I have?

Donutmindme and mir like this.
  3. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    My country had a nation ceremony every Monday morning, all schools must perform it, and back at my high school year, a lot of students tended to pass out or faint due to not eating breakfast.

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    You must eat your noodles. :ROFLMAO:

Donutmindme likes this.
  5. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boxing. Took a right hook and went down for a few seconds.
    Concussion and fainting happens a lot in contact sports.

Didn't help that the height difference was like this :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

mir, imK and otaku31 like this.
  6. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I never faint before, but almost did 2 times before. Its so scary as all of my energy suddenly got cut off and i fall off just like a puppet without string. But luckily it was like an instant, like a 2 seconds blackout. I was able to recover myself before falling thanks to that

mir, felidormit, imK and 2 others like this.
  7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how if it's faint or not but I did experience something like a blackout. I experienced that when I was on my motorcycle with my mom and at the worst timing possible, which was right behind a car. Fortunately or unfortunately, nothing was hurt besides my feeling.

mir, imK and Donutmindme like this.
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Low blood pressure.
    First time was when I was out and riding my bike. Felt I was gonna fainted, so I stopped, sat on the pavement, then when a pedicab got near, I called, said my home address then fainted. The cab driver panicked, put me and my bike and drove to my house.

mir, imK and Donutmindme like this.
  9. Silv0

Silv0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never fainted but I've almost fainted twice. Once at the doctor's office and once on an airplane. Both times I needed to go to the bathroom. Black blots appeared in my vision so I couldn't sse and my head was fuzzy. On the airplane I collapsed twice on the way to the bathroom but both times I got up and afterwards I was fine.

imK likes this.
  10. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen my friend faint. It scared me so bad because she was really close to a huge rock. If she hit that it would have really hurt her. I have fainted lol one second up, next second down on the ground. Another friend passed out for a few mins, that one wasn't fun lol.

Donutmindme likes this.
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nope~
    closest to fainting when this cat on training hmmm nvm this cat only almost can't walk for a day cuz dumbass senior who try act smart

help fainted one there some on student era~
    faint from independence flag ceremony, faint from exhausting club activity, faint from sickness and lastly make someone faint from heart attack cuz this cat wrath~

12. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a rather embarassing story.

I was in the shower while furiously scrubbing my face. Then I accidentally poked the inside of my nose and a lot of blood came gushing out. (My nails were freakin' long & pointy ok).

So I got out of the shower and went to get the clothes in my room when I suddenly fainted and fell on my bed. Naked. For about 2 minutes.

It was a good thing no one else was at home to see me passed out naked because of a nosebleed. It would've been embarassing.

I don't know why I passed out in the first place-- it didn't hurt much and I'm not afraid of (my own) blood. So weird.

Donutmindme, ViburnumDraco and mir like this.
  13. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad you're still here to tell us about it. Some of those hits are brutal.

Donutmindme and kkgoh like this.
  14. LuftRauser

LuftRauser [Count LuftCula] [try to get active II]

Reading List:
    Link
    Never faint, only see someone who does

15. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar situation with you actually, but I had gone to the bathroom and had hit the sink while falling down. So I chipped a few teeth and had ripped my lip open. Man, stitches and any activity dealing with eating or speaking was a pain for a while. Oh, it also misaligned my neck so I had to get that fix too. Fun times.

But yeah, low blood pressure. I learned to take my time from sitting up to standing up.

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
  17. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tl;dr: fainted on sidewalk in weirdly gradual and scary way, got picked up by ambulance.
    Long version:
    I woke up late, jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, grabbed my bag with my things for college, and started sprinting down the street to catch my bus.
    I sprinted almost half a mile.
    I still missed my bus. But while waiting for the next one, I couldn't catch my breath no matter what I did or how much time passed. Instead it gradually got worse, and I started panicking. Could only think to walk back home, but couldn't even make it across the street. I got 4/6 of the way across, when I knew I wouldn't make it, then had to turn back to kneel down on the divider. Someone driving by went and got a traffic cop from nearby. I got up when he called me (not realizing I had passed out while kneeling), and laid on the sidewalk to wait for the ambulance. At that point I started thinking some crazy things like "Shit, I'm I going to die from being out of shape, that is too.... Too embarrassing!! :blobsob:" I accidentally said a few words of my internal crazy monologue out loud and shocked the poor policeman. I felt sorry and wanted to explain: 'I was just imagining things, I'm not actually dying, don't worry' but I felt too exhausted to say another word.
    Gradually sound started to fade, and touch, I could still see clearly and blink, and was still slightly breathing but I couldn't move any muscles consciously, not even to move my eyeballs a milliimeter.
    Only after they gave me oxygen in the ambulance did I start finally getting better. They might have given me something else too, I remember seeing someone messing with my arm out of the corner of my eye, but at that point I couldn't feel anything, so I dunno if they were just shaking me or if they poked me with a needle.
    Anyway, I got better. The doctors told me it was because the combo of not enough sleep, not drinking any water or eating any food in the morning, plus the pain from running with my period cramps, plus sudden exercise, caused it.

Side story:
    While in the ambulance one of the paramedics was constantly talking to me, probably to make sure I stayed conscious. I think I might've blacked out for a bit again after being put in the ambulance. One of the first things I was able to process, besides asking me about my name, address, etc, was a question about if it was my first time in an ambulance.
    me(weakly): "yes"
    her: "so how do you like it?" / "what do you think of it?"
    I looked around.
    me:
    (while frowning and said with as much emphasis as I was capable of at that point):
    "
    It's small."

She laughed alot at that.

It's a nice memory.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What sort of condition was it?

imK likes this.
  19. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Autoimmune disorder. It's okay now, but if it was left untreated I might have died young.

20. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobscream:
    Good that it was caught.

imK likes this.