Recommendations Master and Disciple Comedy

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by KageTokage, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Pachia320

Pachia320 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl transmigrated into another world and is a hidden dragon. (She’s super strong). Anyways she is lazy.
    One thing is that she seems very invisible to everyone so not many people notices her the first time around.

Description:

Everyone said that Yi Qing was the number one Sword Cultivator in the world, with a swordsmanship and cultivation that no one could surpass. Whether it was when he was cultivating in the Lower Realm, or when he was in the Ten Heavens of the Upper Realm, he has always been undefeated.

Yi Qing laughed and said: “That is because you do not know of my Master. If we speak of cultivation, I am not as good as she by a long mile. Thinking about it, at the start, out of the ten Heavenly Emperors of the Upper Realm, my Master beat up nine, and the one left was myself.”

“Master? You actually have a Master! Who? How come we never heard of it?”

“My Master is…. Eh? Master? Master! And my Master? Has anyone seen my Master?”

A person next to them quietly raised her paw. “I am here!”

2. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay thanks! I had read the description before but it just didn't convey why I should read the story. I was worried it would end up like a player teaching AI NPCs in a video game. Unless they have some real impact in the "world" it is hard to like those types of novels. I remember this one novel where the game and real life had almost no connection, it just wasn't interesting. Of course, slice of life novels like Only Sense Online are exceptions.

3. mastemind05

mastemind05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have read up to ch 50.

basically we have FL who suddenly transmigrate while playing online game.
    didnt cultivate, have innate invisible mode, one punch KO. lazy bum, foodie

brain dead disciple, jealousy, consider everyone want to steal his master (FL)

another transmigrator who arrive 300y earlier. a portable system wielder.

so far it is quite comedic, seeing how other people rage with master disciple conversation.

4. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, cool. Thanks for the info, some stories' synopsis just tell you nothing about how good it is. Sometimes I'm just like "I s this going to be really good or straight up moronic?"

5. mastemind05

mastemind05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sofar i have read up to 150+ ch...
    and sometimes...
    the situation they are in.. or their interaction... really funny...

and also the author keep old character in use. so... far...
    still funny for me.

6. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody have some new novels with Master and disciple comedy?

I read My Master Disconnected Yet Again up to when they go back to their original world and play alien video games. I stopped because almost none of the old characters are there, except Father Niu, though I don't know if they will show up later.

7. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    The Strongest Sect of All Times
    ... sadly only 7 chapters translated but the raws are up to 1700+ and I enjoy it :)

8. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it being currently translated?

9. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should still read it because its not really like that their characters end up completely different from their series they come from and its mostly focused on main character comedy for the first 450+ chapters after that it is more politics and less comedy but its still their.

10. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no but there is a almost mtl of it that is on webnovel they say their translating it but nah it's more of mtl

11. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading History's Number 1 Founder, I don't like it when an author steals another's MC.

As an example, let's say in HN1F the master come across Naruto and Goku as children. He then takes them in, meaning Goku never met Master Roshi and Naruto never trained under Jiraiya. I don't like that. With a single flick of his wrist, the original work is spit upon. Why? Because the author doesn't want to make an original character (either due to laziness or trying to capitalize on the stolen character's fame for a quick boost).

I would much more prefer something like Master of Untold Daos or Arrogant Young Master Template A Variation 4. In those stories the master knowingly obtains MC-level disciples, but they do so by being genre savvy or help from a system. The disciples are created by the author themselves to have MC potential, not stolen from other works.

12. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its different because this is another world its a combined one so they would definitely not be the strongest but they would all be fighting each other thats what makes it different

13. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Madaonaire started to translate it end of 2019 ... but only until the start of January ... and no news so far.

However, I got hooked up and fought another battle with the raws and still enjoying it up to now ... you can also find mtl sites translating it.

14. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping this thread up again.

15. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    One Last Bump. :aww: