Question Chinese 2nd Generation Riches Obsession IRL?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Eclat123, Feb 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. frostcrystal

frostcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to think of it as the equivalent to reading "Dashed by the Duke", or "Eloping with the Earl", or "Creeping with the Count", or "Vagabonds with the Viscount", if you're into historical romance novels. They're popular because they're wish fulfillment, and since you're wishing for something, might as well dream of something that's very unlikely to happen in real life! I suppose a modern-day English novel would be more along the lines of "The Big Bad Billionaire", or "The CEO Next Door", as so on. We just happen to enjoy reading about regular people who meet extraordinary people, and one of the easiest forms of making a character extraordinary is wealth, fame, and family.

Don't get me wrong, I would never put myself through the trouble of dating some rich chaebol in real life, but it's definitely more thrilling to read about that than about my actual plush, pillowy boyfriend whose favourite thing is coming home from work and playing Minecraft.

As far as comparing it with Indonesian stories, though, that part I really am not sure. We're getting a super limited sample size here of CN webnovels, since a lot of the ones available online gear toward these tastes specifically. Plenty of these stories get translated into Indonesian, though, so shouldn't there be at least some market for them?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. detoxangels12

detoxangels12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. that's not true at all in real life. i've had chinese friends but they're totally different on what this novels are portraying. I think most novels in here are made by College/high school students that want to earn some money, so they direct their audience to horny, retarded and delusional teenagers. repetitive arrogant young masters, CEOs, very kool prenci ch4rmign, just a bunch of wish fulfilment novels directed to dumb teens.

3. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could have used your own thread for that instead of littering the OP's one.

You could have quoted that person to show that this kind of language from them is unacceptable. Whenever someone posts something offensive don't be afraid to call them out by name.

I have a policy of not feeding trolls.