LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels like it could have been taller. There are some things that could have been added, but are probably best left for when the translations reach that point.

2. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do not discuss entire future arcs or even chapters in this thread. Minor questions and answers are fine but please refrain from detailed discussion here. We have a separate thread for raws discussion. You can also send DMs for spoiler talks.

3. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even with spoiler tags?

4. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Minor spoilers are okay but people can be tempted to sabotage their experience. Cults like EA, Activision, Bethesda, Bellwood, etc. already use this to exploit people, not that I'm saying people here are the same. Let's refrain from discussing major spoilers here.

Neiden likes this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is understandable, I do not usually do much spoiler, I only saw a spoiler already done and decided to deepen this about the ladder, so that they had the option to surrender and be responsible for their own destiny. and bethesda can ruin everything it touches, but even if its disasters are decent, the rest of the list if they usually have epic failures

6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    King of minor spoilers here (who even spoiler tags the minor spoilers.) Yeah, gotta agree, that was more a plot summary than a spoiler, which makes it a VERY very big spoiler. Could have been more detailed, but it was still a little much.

The second worst I've seen in this thread was the one about how the last book just ended (This spoiler was given over a year ago, back when we were suffering from the translation slow-down at the end of the Noble Orc capital arc.) This spoiler just beat that one. Well, hopefully people might more or less forget the specifics by the time it actually gets translated. Going at the current rate, that's an actual possibility.

7. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, I already forgot.

8. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it was that much, I'm used to kilometer spoilers of more than 3 paragraphs, I'll take it into account next time.

9. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An idea for spoilers would be deliberately vauge and kinda hint at stuff, but do it in such a way that you can go both ways with the bits given.

10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can give a pretty major spoiler in just a single sentence. Longer paragraphs are only for the sake of adding context, but so long as it covers the key important details a single sentence is all you need to really spoil the scene bad. I can more or less repeat what I just called the 2nd worst spoiler ever in this thread as an example beings the section in question has passed now and is translated. I can't remember the precise phrasing, but it was something like this.

It was about like that. That was a single sentence, but you can see how that just about spoils the entire scene at the end of the last chapter.

11. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the possibility that if Vandeliu is paired with a race of Life in which all the members are Female, the first male variant is born?

12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Already happened the other way around, so why not?

13. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About spoilers, if they intentionally give it no matter big or small I always wish for them to go bald so that they will get the attention they seek so much in real life ^^

14. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are psycholocial studies on spoilers and reviewing movies. It turns out it barely affects the enjoyment if the work is sufficiently well written, since the surprise factor is replaced by a certain amount of suspense. That being said I'd still recommend not spoilering.

15. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    If Vandeliu broke the curse of being able to have existing jobs, he will unlock the initial jobs or unlocked some custom lists directly, something like a legendary chef or master craftsman?

16. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But he will lose some of his maximum mana capacity. So no.

17. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems that his mana capacity comes from him having an XXXL soul and removing the curse wont effect that, so yeah.

18. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the fact that he didn't get a blessing or fortune from Rodiot on Origin and was told that he would have more mana because of it but no attribute so it would be worthless

19. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, at the start of the series it's already mentioned that his mana capacity has a steep increase from when he is in origin because of the curses that rodiot gives.

20. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that really as a result of the curse, or is it due to him training his magic to overcome the curse?